World's Universal Gallery (Sonic Screwdriver 1/18)

worldnewser

Banner5.jpg

Welcome to my gallery! :D (it's "universal" because the theme of the work isn't constricted to just "the world" :wink: ) I am more "Pure PdN"/Space/Realistic-centric and less Photo manipulating/stock editing/sig making-centric. Open to any tips on improvement :)

Also visit my DeviantArt account here! Filled with unreleased works and WIPs :wink:

New Art

doctor_who_sonic_screwdriver_by_worldnewser-d37ie21.png

Sigs

Hidden Content: Sigs
th_siggggg.pngth_wntsig.pngth_worldnewsersig2.pngth_spacesig.png

th_NEWSPACESIG.pngth_CLOUDSSIG.pngth_CLOUDSSIG25.pngth_NEWSIG2.png

th_piaursig.pngth_3DSIGv2-1.pngth_aursig.pngth_Subwayssig.png

th_delirium.pngth_EarthSig.pngth_3DEarthSig-1.pngth_3DImapactSig.png

Abstracts

Hidden Content: Abstracts
th_drkchoc.pngth_RainbowRoad.pngth_ColorAbstract.png

th_SPOTLIGHT.pngth_GO.pngth_UNDERWATER2.png

th_WATERSCAPE.pngth_SPACE.pngth_EarthRainbowRoad.png

th_TorchwoodWP.pngth_BulletBill.pngth_BowserShip.png

th_BobOmb.pngth_BillBlaster.pngPrincess_Peach__s_Castle_by_Worldnewser.png

Red_Neon_Highway_WP_by_Worldnewser.pngWater_Ring_by_Worldnewser.pngPI_Abstract_WP_by_Worldnewser.png

NY_Dark_Wallpaper_by_Worldnewser.jpgBlue_Abstract_Tiles_by_Worldnewser.pngGold_Water_Drop_by_Worldnewser.png

Tech_Orb_Wallpaper_by_Worldnewser.jpgTechOrb_WP_Rainmeter_version_by_Worldnewser.jpg

Realistic/Comics/Caricatures

Hidden Content: Realistic/Comics/Caricatures
th_eng05.pngth_red.pngth_Water.png

th_BlueMarble.png th_CADET.pngth_CAPTAIN.png

th_CloudsDark.pngth_CLOUDS2-1.pngth_EARTH.png

th_Asteroids.pngth_MAD2.pngth_TWHub.png

th_WorkCaricature.pngth_Glasstext2.png2008_Beijing_Olympics_Tribute_by_Worldnewser.png

Torchwood_Rift_Manipulator_by_Worldnewser.pngPlanet_by_Worldnewser.png_Orange__by_Worldnewser.png

Citrus_Fruits_by_Worldnewser.pngDerflinger_by_Worldnewser.pngChampagne_Glass_with_Fruit_by_Worldnewser.png

Torchwood_Computer_by_Worldnewser.pngUnderwater_by_Worldnewser.pngPrimitive_Cave_Etching_by_Worldnewser.png

Etched_on_a_Cave_Wall_by_Worldnewser.pngForeginscape_by_Worldnewser.pngForeign_Sunrise_WIP_by_Worldnewser.png

th_Foilpaptxt.pngA_Glass_Box_by_Worldnewser.pngMoon_by_Worldnewser.png

Present_by_Worldnewser.pngGlass_Paperweight_V1_by_Worldnewser.pngPlanetary_Lights_by_Worldnewser.png

Torchwood_Rift_Manipulator_by_Worldnewser.pngAmerican_Flag_Wallpaper_by_Worldnewser.jpgCell_Phone_Comic_by_Worldnewser.png

Sink_WIP_by_Worldnewser.jpgMedusa_Cascade_v2_by_Worldnewser.jpgCharacter_Concepts_by_Worldnewser.png

Euler__s_Identity_by_Worldnewser.jpgJourney_to_the_Moon__July_1969_by_Worldnewser.jpgMoon_40th_Landing_Special_by_Worldnewser.png

New_Planet_by_Worldnewser.pngNew_Planet_with_Rings_by_Worldnewser.pngThe_Birth_of_a_Galaxy___WIP1_by_Worldnewser.png

The_Birth_of_a_Galaxy__Part_2_by_Worldnewser.png

Starfield_by_Worldnewser.png

Check back soon! Updates (semi-)frequently :)

Edited by worldnewser

The Doctor! Awesome. :-) LOVE Doctor Who.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thanks! :) As you can see, so do I

I just can't seem to figure out why my colorizations seem a bit fake to me though :? (maybe because I'm using the wrong colors as skin tone? Or maybe because I've been staring at them for too long). Maybe it's just me.

Is my topic starred because its got the word "universal" in it? :D or maybe I'm seeing things

Hmm..how are you recoloring?

I think the stars are your imagination...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Yeah, the star is gone now. I thought summin weird was happening there...

anyway, I recolor by basically selecting (using the line/curve tool on a separate layer around the object and filling in the outlines, then using magic wand) and using color tint/color filter. If I have a good quality picture, I could use color filter quite well. But most of the time I have to use color tint because the photo quality is a bit bad (example: http://www.shillpages.com/dw/story/d2/st--2f01.jpg I get some of my screenshots from here, but sometimes I take them myself). Sometimes I get confused between a yellow-ey and orange-ey tint :?

It takes quite a few layers to do

Edit: Which is better to use? Color tint or Color Filter?

your pics are nice but to call them out of this world is a bit of an exactration even if it got doc who

but if you had a chuck norris pic in there you can say anything!

recently converted from photoshop

punoutofboundsnorm12.png

Why don't you try a different way:

-New layer

-Paintbrush the new color

-Change blend mode to Multiply (play with the blend modes; another might work, depending on the image)

See if that gives you more realistic results. :-)

I like everything but the hats.

They don't seem to fit, and it looks like they're on their foreheads. Maybe try sliding them up/back and making them a bit wider.

Well, I meant for it to be dark. After all, the universe is collapsing :P

Well, let's just say that the piece is the most complex I've made. It was made entirely by accident :)

Of course, I don't remember every single step, but one tip would be that I started with a Mandelbrot Fractal, Radial Blurred it at default, Zoom Blur Deluxed at maximum and high setting, then placed a black layer underneath it.

I then twisted/duplicated the zoomed fractal layer every which way using various blending modes. 8)

-----

Gallery updated with one colorization

Well, I meant for it to be dark. After all, the universe is collapsing :P

Well, let's just say that the piece is the most complex I've made. It was made entirely by accident :)

Of course, I don't remember every single step, but one tip would be that I started with a Mandelbrot Fractal, Radial Blurred it at default, Zoom Blur Deluxed at maximum and high setting, then placed a black layer underneath it.

I then twisted/duplicated the zoomed fractal layer every which way using various blending modes. 8)

-----

Gallery updated with one colorization

Allright i will try that :D

Hope that helped Marc :)

It's a tough piece to remake 8) I tried to make a spin-off piece, but it worked out to be something besides "the end of the universe". It's more like "here's what it looks like under the ocean". :P Well...one update, with my newest abstract: "Underwater Peace".

Hope that helped Marc :)

It's a tough piece to remake 8) I tried to make a spin-off piece, but it worked out to be something besides "the end of the universe". It's more like "here's what it looks like under the ocean". :P Well...one update, with my newest abstract: "Underwater Peace".

I made two pieces of "Space Collapse"

Check my gallery if you want to see them.

I think you did better than i did :D

The 2 guys (marine and aviation?) are cute, space collapse is really cool while the second try you made (underwater peace) has in my opinion too much white in the centre I would try to give it same transparent texture of the sides (but that is just my opinion)

Ciao and see you soon for your next works :D

@Topezia--Thanx for the feedback :) The white in the center was part of a bit more in the piece which I cut out, but now I posted the whole piece which I now think (imo) looks better.

@mman6460--honestly, I just took a page outta -Expiration-'s book. I figured how -expiration- would start off and put my own spin to it Most of the stuff on them (ranks, tie, coat) was handmade. I'm not too happy with the hats, but I knew I wouldn't be that good going through all the time making the hair. I will tell you this though: the head and body are Shape 3D Renders (with the body being a half sphere map) with the shadows at different settings :wink:

@mman6460--honestly, I just took a page outta -Expiration-'s book. I figured how -expiration- would start off and put my own spin to it Most of the stuff on them (ranks, tie, coat) was handmade. I'm not too happy with the hats, but I knew I wouldn't be that good going through all the time making the hair. I will tell you this though: the head and body are Shape 3D Renders (with the body being a half sphere map) with the shadows at different settings :wink:

Noooo! My book! You ripped it. :(

Here's another tip: Always keep your lightsource in mind. It'll determine where to place shadows and highlights for creases, seams, and general shading. If you don't have a consistent lightsource, it doesn't look as nice.

P.S. You can just call me (e)Xpired.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

@Xpired--don't worry, I''l put the page back :P

@marc--thanks :) Clouds are easy to come by (using the tut Wither wrote up on airbrush technique), but I try to expand beyond "literal simplicity" (as in going for something that looks good and didn't take 3 minutes to make). Actually, I'm not too happy with the moon, because I think I got the perspective wrong. I think that if I could see stars above, shouldn't the moon be up there as well? :? Ah well.. :|

I'm surprised I have over 300 view in my gallery :o Thanks

I'm the only one updating quite frequently, huh? 8) Don't worry, my two week vacation is now over, so I'll be slowing down.

Presenting: I have a new sig/av combo. I've posted the unused "version 2.5", which I scrapped for my current

• 2 weeks later...

I had that a little while back too -- it just kind of dissapeared...

You have some great work! I like how you mix spacescapes with abstracts -- good job

007 Nab

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!