Image Umbrella: Pixel Images

BoltBait

Just a little something to clear this up so people can get on with making some cool pixel art:

Pixel images are made pixel-by-pixel using only the pencil tool using a limited palette. This means that no other tools can be used and no effects or adjustments can be used. (We'll know if you cheat.)

Page 1 rule 1.

Just a little something to clear this up so people can get on with making some cool pixel art:
Pixel images are made pixel-by-pixel using only the pencil tool using a limited palette. This means that no other tools can be used and no effects or adjustments can be used. (We'll know if you cheat.)

Page 1 rule 1.

Well, modern pixel artists actually use a paintbucket on larger images for the sake of time.

Untitled1.png

Previously dgirl555, but now you can call me epic

Oh, and I really like airbrushing photos

Page 1 rule 1.

Well, modern pixel artists actually use a paintbucket on larger images for the sake of time.

And use layers, too. Not sure about blending modes or stuff like that but I think they at least use different layers for some stuff.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Quick tip on how to blend to colours in pixelart:

Open a new layer under whatever your working on.

Pick 2 colours you want to blend.

Make a linear gradient, from one edge to the other.

Use the posterize effect, and choose how many colours you want to use.

And you're done! Now all you gotta do is pick the colours with the colour picker and use them. :) You can delete the gradient blend layer afterwards.

Some might call this cheating, I call it creative use of advanced tools. :lol:

EDIT: Example.

Example.png

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Bowchikabowow

Awesome. Great job on the perspective and lighting, musta taken forever.

Oh, and that glass - I'm assuming this was all done on one layer - is mind boggling :)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

LFC it is impressive, amazing I think the grass texture is very nice, but the problem is the extended free ones along the base of the building, but I saw something else needs to pay attention to, is the shadow on the left side, it should show up as diagonal on the door wall starting from top to the middle of the highlighted wall and cover the grass under, to be compatible with the wide shadow showing behind the building and the long shadow of the flags.

Did you mean to be © LFC pixl art, not ©LFC pixel art

LFC, brilliant entry, I'll probably vote for you.

Kemaru, LOVE the icons. :) I tried making some of my own yesterday, it didn't work well. :D

Anyway, what do you think of this? It looks a little flat, to me. Ignore the really demented cog in the top-left area. EDIT: And the really obvious mistakes I just noticed. :oops: EDIT: Minor problems fixed.

clockworkpixelbluefinal-1.png