Image Umbrella: Pixel Images

BoltBait

Nice to see that the pixel art scene is warming up - it's my favourite style.

Mine too. I got into it after reading AMD up to the last part the author made (its STILL not finished :cry:)

What is that? mind linking me?

so time consuming... but addicting!

my first attempt, using nothing but the pencil tool.

rhfjdjejdar.png

Are we allowed to use the fill bucket? because that would help a lot.

I really want to get into this, you shall now refer to me as the pixel art king! :lol:

"Being calm can work wonders"

Signature-1.png

What is that? mind linking me?

so time consuming... but addicting!

my first attempt, using nothing but the pencil tool.

rhfjdjejdar.png

Are we allowed to use the fill bucket? because that would help a lot.

I really want to get into this, you shall now refer to me as the pixel art king! :lol:

It is only the greatest comic of all time, but beware: it is addicting and... still not finished... :cry:

Click and be tortured by laughter!

Untitled1.png

Previously dgirl555, but now you can call me epic

Oh, and I really like airbrushing photos

Wow, thats amazing.... Must... read... more....

rhfjdjejdk.png

Thats my second attempt, Im going to turn it into a much bigger piece.

you read the ENTIRE comic already? there's four episodes with a ton of panels in each.... it took me a few days...

Untitled1.png

rhfjdjejdk.png

you read the ENTIRE comic already? there's four episodes with a ton of panels in each.... it took me a few days...

well, hey, i read about 3 of them in a few hours :P

as for the building, it seems awesome, but very familiar... dont know where ive seen it before though

14lim10.png

rhfjdjejdk.png

Nah, thats why I said I wanted to read more. Off to read that, and pixel art!

EDIT: Any ideas of what to add?

In that comic, im at... the 327th page....

rhfjdjejdv.png

Once I get more experience in this, Im going to make a tutorial. Heck, they should make a whole new tut section for pixel art.

Signature-1.png

I don't think it does, and plus you didn't really create that image :\

what do you mean? i created that image myself. i used a guideline to help make it, but thats it :? everything else was all me

And you didn't use this?

http://gen8hedgehog.deviantart.com/art/ ... 1-64778353

that would be the guideline that im talking about :| however, the only thing thats the same as the original image is the look. i took the original and remade it in my own style

14lim10.png

Once I get more experience in this, Im going to make a tutorial. Heck, they should make a whole new tut section for pixel art.

They should! or atleast a kind of sub-forum kinda thing. Pixel art is a whole new kind of art form.... You gotta actually do it pixel by pixel w/ no special tools!

Untitled1.png

yeah because instead of making a big pic your doing each pixel one at a time

It takes skill (on more intricate projects especially) and planning so your colors and lines match up. MUCH harder than letting pugins do all the work....

Untitled1.png

yeah because instead of making a big pic your doing each pixel one at a time

It takes skill (on more intricate projects especially) and planning so your colors and lines match up. MUCH harder than letting pugins do all the work....

Mostly, I would say using plugins to make a image, like my space picture for example, takes skill too, but it takes more brain power as in what effect would do what to the picture, while in pixel art, you need to have patience, math skills for big projects, common sense, and a good understanding of colors, and what they look like at a big scale.

Signature-1.png

Mostly, I would say using plugins to make a image, like my space picture for example, takes skill too, but it takes more brain power as in what effect would do what to the picture, while in pixel art, you need to have patience, math skills for big projects, common sense, and a good understanding of colors, and what they look like at a big scale.

Exactly. Plugins run effects, while pixel art, it's all you. You want a color darker? open up your color wheel and get to work! hahaha

Untitled1.png

Exactly. Plugins run effects, while pixel art, it's all you. You want a color darker? open up your color wheel and get to work! hahaha

Or, open a new layer and draw a black pixel on top, then adjust the opacity. Cheating? I don't think so.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Or, open a new layer and draw a black pixel on top, then adjust the opacity. Cheating? I don't think so.

Actually, you aren't supposed to use anything other than the pencil tool. I just change the v (I can't for the life of my remember what it stands for out of HSV I know hue and saturation tho) by about -20 for a darker color or 20 for a lighter and trace the previous lines....

Untitled1.png

Actually, you aren't supposed to use anything other than the pencil tool. I just change the v (I can't for the life of my remember what it stands for out of HSV I know hue and saturation tho) by about -20 for a darker color or 20 for a lighter and trace the previous lines....

Hue

Saturation

Value

But, you can use layers, thats the advantage of pdn over MS paint, when using pixelart.

Signature-1.png