Image Umbrella: Pixel Images

BoltBait

@Kemaru That's cool, I also like the coffee cup. :)

I don't do pixel art very regularly, but recently I did two mock-ups of a game and I chose to make it pixelated (Game Boy Advance resolution, the pallet has shades of brown and pure white and black):

Mockup.png

Mockup2.png

Edited by Supermini_man

Artist/Game Developer/Traveller

DeviantART
Game Jolt Profile

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Took a while but I finally finished my emote cursor pack!

emote_cursor_pack_by_agentbunni-d3l2134.png

download here

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow i don't know how long pixel art is supposed to take, but here is my first attempt. This took about two days.

pixelartposting-1.jpg

In case you couldn't tell, this is a roof-pool with a glass bottom, and a giant window so you, the viewer, can see in.

Heh, i saw the size on the forum so I enlarged it :) try to withhold your excitement.

Emoticons ARE punctuation :mad:

Edited by tsobf2424

Emoticons ARE punctuation :mad:

• 1 month later...

Really cool,tsobf2424! I like how you did your window. I hope you used layers for that (to save yourself some time), but if you didn't, you are truly amazing.

Well, I've been playing a recently-started flash mmo called "Astroflux." As it is still in its alpha stages, I had the opportunity to interact with the developers and even draw some things for them. Of course, I did it all in paint.net, but for the most part, it was all pixel art...even the anti-aliasing.

preview.png

Edited by pdnnoob

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 3 years later...

I made these characters from a game called Terraria: Terraria_zpsgcgvob5m.png?t=1445600683(sorry for size issue on this on. I tried to re-size it, but it went funny and blurry).

This from my head but in the same style: PumpkinMan_zpsnvhfftht.png?t=1445600675

And this also from my head but in a smoothic style instead: Halloween%20Pixel%20Art_zpsmwbo476y.png?

Any advice?

Signature_zpsv0qrhzdq.png?t=1442767611

I made these characters from a game called Terraria: Terraria_zpsgcgvob5m.png?t=1445600683(sorry for size issue on this on. I tried to re-size it, but it went funny and blurry).

In this case you'd want to use the 'Nearest Neighbor' option when resizing.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

In this case you'd want to use the 'Nearest Neighbor' option when resizing.

I have tried this, however it messes up the pixel placing.. I guess I'm stuck with small sizes! :P

I added some more onto the Terraria one (again, small...): Terraria_zpsgjzk1nx5.png?t=1445676230

Hi @NewbiePainter.

They look really cute and ...... yes, small.  As @Toe said, you can enlarge them for viewing by using - Image - Resize and set the top box Resampling to Nearest Neighbour, then go to Pixel width and Height and change the size.

I made an owl recently and this is how I made it larger for showing ....... example below.

qVpCs6g.png

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hi @NewbiePainter.

They look really cute and ...... yes, small.  As @Toe said, you can enlarge them for viewing by using - Image - Resize and set the top box Resampling to Nearest Neighbour, then go to Pixel width and Height and change the size.

I made an owl recently and this is how I made it larger for showing ....... example below.

qVpCs6g.png

Okay, thanks very much! This did not work before but now it has done... How unusual! Thanks again, and to you, even though it didn't work last time, @toe_head2001 !

• 3 weeks later...

it also helps if you make sure you resize to a multiple of the original size, which will keep the pixels square

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...