Image Umbrella: Pixel Images

BoltBait

Wow, I'm amazed at the hard work and details a lot of you have put into your work. I could hardly believe it, I attempted too see if I could create some myself like that and I couldn't haha I just cannot get angels right for some odd reason. I just hope I can rise to the level you all are at, I really have enjoyed viewing all your works. Thanks guys for sharing with all of us.

Well, this is my first and last pixel art, its completely done with just the tool box and about 5 months of hard work lol.

th_pixelplanet-1.jpg

I hope this little thumbnail stuff works :) Oh yeah, if you don't consider this pixel art, which I would think it is, did it kinda in the same fashion just like the rules said. Just didn't do anything with angels or moving based. So if not just tell me, I'll get rid of it and leave my comments about you all :)

• 1 month later...

i dont know which category to actually put this in, but i put it in pixel art, because i only used a pencil tool, and pdn :D

pencil tooling like this, hurts your hand. it does :?

wormhappy.png

Its actually wormhappy, a dA emote, but i drew it in pdn with the pencil tool, comments would be good :D

• 2 weeks later...

smilees.png

I made some smilies too!

They're going to be in my avatar!

EDIT: I made this guy too...he didn't turn out quite as well as I wanted...

scared.gif

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 1 month later...

I'm falling in love with pixel art nowadays. I've made a scene:

NightSky.png

It should be animated.

Fawful your work is amazing :O Shading is amazing in all of them, and the sheep-thing is truly beautiful. :)

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

• 4 weeks later...

NightSky.png

It should be animated.

very nice...but should there be a reflection of the shooting star too?

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

NightSky.png

It should be animated.

very nice...but should there be a reflection of the shooting star too?

• 3 weeks later...

this was the first thing I made in PDN (Before I knew about the cool effects and plugins)

The lions and the double headed eagle were difficult...but now pale in comparison to what I can do now.... (I'm finally getting better at this program)

albandest.png

siglk.pngsigrg.png

Wow, those are great, too. Although I wish there was some sort of shading, and you could outline those lions, it would give a more high-quality look. :) But great job, those are really good.

I made a camera!

NikonShadedpixel.png

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Wow, those are great, too. Although I wish there was some sort of shading, and you could outline those lions, it would give a more high-quality look. :) But great job, those are really good.

I made a camera!

NikonShadedpixel.png

Thanks! These patches have since evolved into a more detailed design (And I have made hundreds of similar designs).

Nice lookin' camera! A bit small for my bad eyes, but still nice.

siglk.pngsigrg.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How do you make pixel images?

Srsly, just read the thread.

Paul there's no need to be harsh.

Frontcannon, though Paul might be a little harsh, he's right when he says that the thread should explain the concept of pixel art. Simply putting it, you draw every single pixel in the image with the pencil tool, with different colors. There are also people that use the rectangle tool at 1px and such, but mainly you should only use the pencil tool.

Regards

How do you make pixel images?

Srsly, just read the thread.

Paul there's no need to be harsh.

Frontcannon, though Paul might be a little harsh, he's right when he says that the thread should explain the concept of pixel art. Simply putting it, you draw every single pixel in the image with the pencil tool, with different colors. There are also people that use the rectangle tool at 1px and such, but mainly you should only use the pencil tool.

Regards

Thanks

Actually I've been zooming in but when it saves, its doesn't look pixely.

Is it really nessecary to put text here? Thought not :D

userbar819667.gif

I was up all night trying to figure out how to do something like that! Couldn't figure it out...

Here is my first attempt at pixel art:

pixelpyramidwm4.jpg

Have a look at this tutorial, as well as part 2 (on making a building) - it helped me a lot.

I also did many Google Image Searches for pixel buildings, houses, etc... and copied them into PDN, then zoomed in to take a look at how certain elements were constructed; this helped me with brick and grass textures. Try pasting my house picture into PDN and zoom into 800% -1200% to see the details.

Make sure to use many layers, putting each new element on a separate layer, so you can go back and correct mistakes, as well as copy/paste specific elements.

I started with simple cubes and pyramids and soon started to build up bigger pictures.

Have fun!

-CJ

Thanks for the link

Made this

th_yhsjjie.png

Is it really nessecary to put text here? Thought not :D

userbar819667.gif