How to Install Plugins ×

Custom Brushes Plugin 5.1.5

sabrown100: PM me when you're ready for me to unlock this thread. I'm sick of this, as I'm sure you are.

Thread Temp-locked

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I'm not objecting to people suggesting new features - i'm just anoyyed with people repeating the same suggestions again and again when I am aware of them and am working on them. Two of those features I have already coded ready for the next version andd another I am working on.

How do you think I feel with Paint.NET then ........ (I get tons of e-mails for feature suggestions)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Unlocked by request. Be good.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

That's incredible...

wallpapersignaturezs5.png

Firefox is the best! So is Relient K!

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Bye Paint.NET!

Unlocked by request. Be good.

I don't know why people are being so difficult. I think I get what Fisherman's Friend was getting at. We have to act our age, support our plugin developers,etc. If we bash them, then why would they want to bother? It's not like they're getting paid or anything. I apologize if I ever offended a plugin author. All new plugins take time, and everyone will be happy if the plugin author is left alone to do their work, so that it will appreciated when the final product is finished.

I love this plugin! I hope my imagination comes through to use it well! :wink:

thanks this is way better.

I know my name was mud there for a bit when I asked this thread be locked to let you work away in peace. I think I'm justified .... you were allowed to work without the constant repeat of complaints/suggestions etc. and have made some major improvements.

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to be able to work on a transparent layer but think I've got an idea.

ciao once again thanks

OMA

Looks great! Though I must complain :wink:

First, when switching to a window other than the Paint.NET window, your effect dialogue remains and the minimize function does not work correctly. The UI is also still a little off when it comes to working with Vista (but it is definettly not that bad anymore)

Now for my suggestions:

Not sure if this is possible, but can you show the contents of the layers above and below? As well, can you set a masking tolerance option? Perhaps allow for code to affect how the brush works with the canvas (ie smudge)? Overwrite and blending options?

I realize this is a beta, but that is my two cents.

signature.png

Not sure if this is possible, but can you show the contents of the layers above and below?

I know he can not show the other layers... the effect api does not give access to anything but the current layer.

Total hack.

Not sure if this is possible, but can you show the contents of the layers above and below?

I know he can not show the other layers... the effect api does not give access to anything but the current layer.

I know that much, I was sort of hoping if it was possible to collect the data on a seperate layer, not for edit though.

signature.png

I know that much, I was sort of hoping if it was possible to collect the data on a seperate layer, not for edit though.

No, that is what I'm saying... the api does not give access (even read only access) to the other layers. All you get is the pixels of the current layer. You get read access to the entire layer, and write access to the selected area.

Total hack.

Question: when the picture comes up in this effect with a brown background when using transparent is there any way to make like the bottom one. even if its just the picture?

I'm not a programmer so this is probably what has been discussed but it looks like the UI picture is it possible to change the brown/tan background and just put in a grid ?

I can figure out where I am on the unseen layer from a grid. change the color size of square or what ever you need its not actually showing the transparent layer but giving me some sort of grid on the ui picture as a guide.

Is this even possible?

isthereanywaytodothis.png

It is possible - if it matters enough I will do it.

so you can change the background picture in a UI ..is it difficult? if so don't bother if its not too much trouble any sort of grid in the background might help us that use transparent layers. grey seems to be the best as most colors are not distored by it. its not that I'm fussy but many times if you want to put in shadows and shading the brush will need to be on a tranparent layer and this could provide some sort of idea where you are on the canvas in a transparent layer.

no rush if you decide to do something like this run it by the others and get other opinions. I'll gladlly wait if not possible I'll work with what is there.

ciao and thanks .

Add Brush button still hangs the whole thing.

Brush list in Vista still wonky, but you seem to have made the previews smaller so they at least show up partially.

You're still abusing the EffectsAPI like nothing I've ever seen.

But at least there's a cancel button.

If you make a selection in the color dialog and hit OK, it should automatically switch to mask mode. 'Twould be intuitive.

When you click Cancel it still shows up in the history list. Due to your severe abuse of the Effects API. I beg of you, please write your plugins the correct way.

Things are improving, yes, but there is still a lot to do.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!