How to Install Plugins ×

Custom Brushes Plugin 5.1.5

You step through the code and figure out anything that depends on specific conditions that may or may not be present on other people's computers to figure out what might be causing the trouble.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I can't fix it because I don't have the same problem. :(

Sorry, but....

Lamest. Excuse. Evar!

I don't understand - how can I debug something when I don't know when I have solved it?

You could you release the source for other plug-in authors to try and fix it?

EDIT: Could it have something to do with what version of .net or operating system? (3.5 on Vista)

omExTE6.png

EDIT: Could it have something to do with what version of .net or operating system? (3.5 on Vista)

I don't really like releasing source code - although I am prepared to on an individual basis.

So could it be because of the version of .NET / operating system?

omExTE6.png

I don't really like releasing source code - although I am prepared to on an individual basis.

So could it be because of the version of .NET / operating system?

I know pyro uses Vista and I use XP. Do you use Vista?

KaHuc.png

I have no idea how to solve it, its not like:

If(System.OS.Version == System.OS.Versions.Vista)
{
    listView1.Items.Offset = new Point(500,0);
}

Personally I know nothing bout coding, but is that in your actual code or just an example?

omExTE6.png

jerkfight, he's saying you can't do that.

But he's wrong.

sabrown, to check for vistocity:

if (Environment.OSVersion.Version.Major == 6)
{
   //We are on Vista.
}

xZYt6wl.png

jerkfight, he's saying you can't do that.

But he's wrong.

sabrown, to check for vistocity:

if (Environment.OSVersion.Version.Major == 6)
{
   //We are on Vista.
}

I didn't say you couldn't - in fact I knew you can. I said that is not what the code is like.

KaHuc.png

No, you said you didn't know how to solve it. And since the issue only appears in Vista, and you appear to be too lazy and/or stubborn to solve it the right way, you could use a Vista-check to manually correct the issue on vista systems.

xZYt6wl.png

I am having similar problems as Pyro and the rest. I believe it to be a Vista related issue. Perhaps take advice of a drop down menu? Or atleast provide source to allow our own modifications? I dont care if the code is ugly, I really need this plugin atm until something else comes along.

signature.png

The full path, (depending on where you installed Windows and your username) will be:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes\ (on XP)

or

C:\Users\your username\Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes\ (on Vista)

Also, make sure you have run the plugin at least once.

I dont have that folder. Is There another Place where I could download it?

To use it run it once and then open up My Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes. There will be several folders in there. To make a custom brush just add a new png file to that folder.

How can I do that when I dont have anything to run.....Okay, What Am I suppose to run?

How can I do that when I dont have a thing to run.....Okay, What Am I suppose to run?

Open Paint.NET

Click Effects

Click Draw With Custom Brush

Oh... See I didnt Know that it was an effect. He was saying go to this place run this thing....So I just Put This in the EFFECTS FOLDER in Paint.Net Folder In My C Drive?

Oh... See I didnt Know that it was an effect. He was saying go to this place run this thing....So I just Put This in the EFFECTS FOLDER in Paint.Net Folder In My C Drive?
Yeah.

xZYt6wl.png

if you mess up you have to click OK and then use Undo (Edit -> Undo or [Ctrl][Z])

to remove a brush just delete the png file from the custom brushes folder.

xZYt6wl.png