How to Install Plugins ×

Multi Color Gradient v3.0 (May 17, 2018)

romein

• 2 weeks later...

I was working on a 3dsmax scene a few weeks ago, and went outside to have a smoke, when I looked up and saw this beautiful sunset (a deep blue transitioning to a fiery orange) and thought that would be a perfect background. Well after about 15 layers in PS I got it right and thought " there's got to be an easier way ". This is it. Thank you. Regardless of what the naysayers and complainers say, you've done a wonderful job.

I was working on a 3dsmax scene a few weeks ago, and went outside to have a smoke, when I looked up and saw this beautiful sunset (a deep blue transitioning to a fiery orange) and thought that would be a perfect background. Well after about 15 layers in PS I got it right and thought " there's got to be an easier way ". This is it. Thank you. Regardless of what the naysayers and complainers say, you've done a wonderful job.

Who's saying nay? The plugin is wonderful as is, bit that doesn't mean it can't be improved. :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yet another PSP function missing from PDN is added as an Effect.

Thanks!

signature_SW.png

Do not click the picture above. It will take you to my site, and I don't need the anxiety.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Hi, this is an excellent plugin but missing one of those gradient effects particularly "conical". Can this be possibly added?

Edited by jackfrost

• 6 months later...

Is anyone else having this trouble with the Multi Color Gradient Plugin with v.4.0.12?

It's not filling properly :/.

wIMsZ0C.png

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

It's not working for me either.  My pic looks pretty much like yours Pixey.   :(

2 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

As a work around, you'll have to keep pressing Ctrl+F until the whole canvas gets filled.

Dear Toe_head2001!  <3

I have tried. You're absolutely right. Ctrl+F pressing. Thank you so much.  :cake:  :coffee:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

5 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

As a work around, you'll have to keep pressing Ctrl+F until the whole canvas gets filled.

Thank you VERY much for that tip - as long as it works, pressing C+F will do me fine :).

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Doesn't work without Control+F for me.

Pretty handy once you know the secret.

Sig.jpg

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.”

― Thomas Carlyle

• 1 year later...

I just tried this as I've been interested in using multicolour gradients in the past.

It actually installs now in the Effects main menu;_

2103534765_PDN-MultiColorGradient....thumb.png.eca8c85e063e75abc68e340bb07c086f.png

I'd ask Atlas if he downloaded the plugin from the primary link at the start of the thread? There's another link later, on page two, which downloads something else. It certainly isn't a plugin and if that is what he installed then it is no wonder it isn't working.

I could have sworn there was a problem with the Multi-Color Gradient plugin when I tried it some time ago (can't find the post). Whatever was wrong it does now seem to work OK as far as I have tested it.

However those old problems lead me to read about a simple technique for creating multi-colour gradients without any plugin necessary. Just using the Pencil tool create a coloured block made up from one pixel of each colour you want to use. Have zoom view set at maximum unless you have very good eyesight. :)

All you do then is Select just that coloured pixel block and massively resize it up eg. to 480x480 and, magically, you'll get a pretty good multi-coloured gradient effect.

Edited by IHaveNoName
  • Like 1

IHaveNoName.png

So, I just removed the Plugin and re-loaded and also find that it now does appear in the Effects Drop-down.  I have edited the 1st page and made clearer the download for the Plugin.  Many thanks @IHaveNoName for pointing this out 🧐

30b8T8B.gif

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Multi Color Gradient v3.0 (May 17, 2018)
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...