How to Install Plugins ×

Splatter

pyrochild

Uh oh, its Jackson Pollok all over again...

Well that is what originally inspired me to make this, but it wasn't until about 6 months later when I discovered Stamen's implementation that I decided to actually do it.

Wow this'll make my sig making a whole lot eaisier,
Heh, now if only you knew how to actually use the sig block... ;)

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 1 month later...

I have been trying to use splatter but I keep getting this error message

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Splatter.dll

Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.splatter.Splatter

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'pyrochild.effects.common.CanvasConfigDialog' from assembly 'pyrochild.effects.common, Version=2.0.2975.36871, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at pyrochild.effects.splatter.Splatter.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

I am currently running PDN 3.31 and have updated pyrochild's plugin pack and I have tested some of the other plugins and they work. This is the only plugin in the pack that wants to shut PDN down.

Thanks for any feedback

background3sigxz1.png

I call it.... "Who painted my nails pink?"!... based off a line I said in a dream I had last night

User Tip: using the dents plugin can help make the splatter look more natural

whopaintedmynailspinkp.jpg

Excuse me for sounding like a complete turd, but I'm having a bit of trouble installing this. Which thing is the source code, and where do you put it in the Program Files?

Excuse me for sounding like a complete turd, but I'm having a bit of trouble installing this. Which thing is the source code, and where do you put it in the Program Files?

Aerdna you don't put the source file, you put the .dll file (the effect) in the effects folder in your Paint.NET installation location. see this topic for more reference viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2023

:Save: Download: ZIP :Save:

This plugin appears in the Artistic submenu. Effects -> Artistic -> Splatter

There's no .dll file in the package...

Sorry but you didn't fully read the post, and yeah you have to download the package, and then choose the plugins you want

Ah...I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. I have more than half of those plugins already. I guess an update wouldn't hurt...Thanks :)

EDIT. Okay, no problems on my end :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

the problem is fixed, but i'll keep this post, because some one might miss the need to add also the ( pyrochild.effects.common.dll ) in the effect folder, i though i should download the effect i need only, but it's a must to also add (pyrochild.effects.common.dll).

hi i liked the look of the plug, but when i click on it it tell to restart the pdn, in the error details it say:

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Splatter.dll

Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at pyrochild.effects.splatter.Splatter.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join()

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.DoEffect(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, PdnRegion selectedRegion, PdnRegion regionToRender, Surface originalSurface, Exception& exception)

i only added this plug from the zip, should i add the others?????

i really like this one, please could someone help?! :oops:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Click here >> viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23014&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Please read the first and last pages of a thread, at least, before asking a question. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Today is Jackson Pollock's birthday. This website is what originally inspired me to make this plugin. My dad's ex originally showed me that, and I thought to myself, this would make a cool Paint.NET plugin. This was before I even wrote Curves+, I think.

self-promotion>

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 9 months later...

I recently downloaded some plugins (a lot of which are really really cool, I love this website) but I have had trouble with this splatter effect. When I try to use it I get an error message (File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Splatter.dll

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.GdiPaintControl' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer, Version=3.36.3158.38062, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at pyrochild.effects.common.Canvas..ctor()

at pyrochild.effects.common.CanvasConfigDialog.InitializeComponent()

at pyrochild.effects.common.CanvasConfigDialog..ctor()

at pyrochild.effects.splatter.ConfigDialog..ctor()

at pyrochild.effects.splatter.Splatter.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)) and it tells me to restart pdn or close the plugin, I've tried both but have had no success. I downloaded the big pack pyro made and extracted everything into C:>Program Files>Paint.Net>Effects. I saw someone else had a similar problem but I don't see what the problem was and have not seen pyrochild.effects.common.dll. Am I missing it? Am I missing something else? Thanks for any and all help!

Also: I am having problems like this with: Jitter, Outline Object, Random Effect (except its a "unhandled error") and Film.

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.GdiPaintControl' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer, Version=3.36.3158.38062, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Paint.NET version 3.36 right? You need to upgrade to the latest release (3.5.1: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32607 )

• 1 year later...

this is a fricking round robin afair. i click on download pyro child's plugins, which takes me to a list of plugins where I select one and then click on it and it takes me right back where I started.

Don't click on any of the plugins in the list, just click "download" again.

Plus I am finding for profit plugins here which should not be allowed in the forum of a free program.

They currently are.

I could not even download anyway

Click the link next to "download" in Text Pro's thread.

KaHuc.png

this is a fricking round robin afair. i click on download pyro child's plugins, which takes me to a list of plugins where I select one and then click on it and it takes me right back where I started. Plus I am finding for profit plugins here which should not be allowed in the forum of a free program. There is a text making plugin that is a trial version you have to pay for which like this stupid set of plugins, I could not even download anyway. PDN needs to have a much better text making tool and the one being sold needs to be kicked the frick off the forum along with Pyrochild for this round robin BS.

Try to post again. I dare you.

Oh wait, you can't... :beer:

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg