How to Install Plugins ×

Splatter

pyrochild

Combine with Ed Harvey's Dents, my Jitter or Stitch, and various blurs to make some highly realistic blood.

I might post an example later if I ever finish this essay...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Combine with Ed Harvey's Dents, my Jitter or Stitch, and various blurs to make some highly realistic blood.

I might post an example later if I ever finish this essay...

Everyone chant with me...

Write...write...write...write... :P

There is just to much greatness with this plugin. If i am reading the source correctly it is actually calling on the Paint.NET color window, correct? This is the reason why my color pallatte is preloaded, correct?

signature.png

There is just to much greatness with this plugin. If i am reading the source correctly it is actually calling on the Paint.NET color window, correct? This is the reason why my color pallatte is preloaded, correct?

Actually, it's calling a copy of Paint.NET's color window from pyrochild.effects.common.dll. In my original development copy, it was calling on PdN's own color window, but in the next version of Paint.NET, it will not be possible to use any components from paintdotnet.exe, including the color window and many of its dependencies. So I ended up copying several files from the source of paintdotnet.exe to pyrochild.effects.common.dll. I was too lazy to change the namespaces of the copied files*, so it appears to be calling things from paintdotnet.exe. But it's not :D

*(already fixed that for the next release)

xZYt6wl.png

I'm sorry DRILL, but i can not hold this any longer

Your avatar makes me laugh every time i look at it. its so cute i cant stand it

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

Great plugin, close to a real brush!

But what about the 'square' splatters.

Maybe you should use:

pen.LineJoin = LineJoin.Round

pen.StartCap = pen.EndCap = LineCap.Round

pyro. This. Is. Beautiful. This must be the best artistic plugin I've ever used! I love the UI, and its interactivity, and its blistering speed! Now only two questions remain:

1) Undo key (Ctrl-Z)

2) Can I have your rabies?

:D:D:D

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

I'm sorry DRILL, but i can not hold this any longer

Your avatar makes me laugh every time i look at it. its so cute i cant stand it

i just like birds ;)

Come on. On-topic, guys.

1) Undo key (Ctrl-Z)

Right click -> Clear

True incremental undo (and therefore the undo key) may come in a future version.

2) Can I have your rabies?

Rabid, I am not.

xZYt6wl.png

What's with the squared splashes? Is it a bug?

Yes, it's a GDI+ bug.

xZYt6wl.png

GDI is a component of Windows that is used for 2D drawing and rendering.GDI+ was introduced with Windows XP and is an extension of GDI.

xZYt6wl.png

Okay, so... no work around this one?

I'm sure it's possible, but it would be a helluva lot of work, (or an extremely clever hack) for something that isn't really a very big deal.

The source for this one is freely available, though, so maybe someone will prove me wrong :D

xZYt6wl.png

Question: when you change options size splatter swing etc. how do you close that option box so I can see entire screen.

Question2: can I just do a selection portion (the marching ants) and see that selection on screen somehow. so I know what I want will be within that portion and not as a draw and hope? I'm working on correct portion of screen? perhaps that can be done already but I didn't quite figure it out.

@Oma

1: press 'Option' again and it will close. as a nest future could you change the string of the button when it's open to something like 'Hide Options' or so?

2: didn't really understand it, but from what I got, it's something to discuss with Pyrochild...

Question2: can I just do a selection portion (the marching ants) and see that selection on screen somehow. so I know what I want will be within that portion and not as a draw and hope? I'm working on correct portion of screen? perhaps that can be done already but I didn't quite figure it out.

Resize afterwards.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

thanks Ash I managed tofigured that out , it works ok for regular rectangular/square shapes. but need to do odd shapes within a set pattern. I could just do a close pattern required and size down and cut and paste to the shape I suppose but its not quite as accurate as what I'd ideally wish for. will work in a pinch, .

OMA

Uh oh... (3.30 Beta 1)

Exception details:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.EventHandler`1' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.30.2980.33384, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  at PaintDotNet.ColorsForm.InitializeComponent()
  at PaintDotNet.ColorsForm..ctor()
  at pyrochild.effects.common.ColorsDialog..ctor(Boolean UseTwoColors)
  at pyrochild.effects.splatter.ConfigDialog.swatchColor_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------