How to Install Plugins ×

Introducing "Stencil"

jchunn

This plugin is a part of the "Jesse Chunn Plugin Pack" and can be downloaded here

This plugin will turn an image (or selection) into a two color image similar to a stencil.

Settings:

Bias: More primary color or more secondary color.

Invert: Swap primary and secondary colors.

The left side of these images are the original, the right side had "Stencil" applied with default settings (different primary and secondary colors):

file.php?id=1347

file.php?id=1348

Enjoy,

Jesse Chunn

12758_c6cccef89dc2a2daf901f60143d071eb

12758_f57910dba3a0aea1d63048bece476fb0

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Link updated

Total hack.

Is it basically the same thing as using Brightness/Contrast and then changing the black to one color, and the white to another?

It is similar to setting contrast to 100%, yes, but with obvious differences.

Total hack.

lol, thats the exact Jesus I used for my sig!

sig.jpg

~97% of teens won't stand up for Anything. Put this on your sig if you're one of the 3% who've fallen down trying.

Oh, and there's 3 types of people in this world...

Is it basically the same thing as using Brightness/Contrast and then changing the black to one color, and the white to another?

Not that obvious, but it seems that it does a better job than Brightness/Contrast on lower quality JPGs (B/C leaves squares and rectangles, while Stencil makes smoother curves). I'd like to see anti-aliasing in there though. Thanks a bunch!

Not that obvious, but it seems that it does a better job than Brightness/Contrast on lower quality JPGs (B/C leaves squares and rectangles, while Stencil makes smoother curves). I'd like to see anti-aliasing in there though. Thanks a bunch!

Well, by obvious I just meant that you can tweak it a little more... after re-reading my post, that could have sounded sarcastic... that was not the intent.

I could add anti-alias (or at least my version of anti-alias) but that would seem to defeat the point. I suppose it could make sense as an option... I'll consider that.

Total hack.

• 2 years later...

...and also in the first post. I just fixed it ;)

• 5 years later...

Hey all, maybe this is a really stupid question, but regardless i have no clue and im running my brain in circles...lol

After i download the zip, unzip and now i have the dll, what do i do with that?

Please keep in mind before someone (i hope not) decides to make some sarcastic comment, im no computer nerd, im selfn taught paint.net, never used anything but, son please be gentle i my question is a complete lame one

thanks guys

And once I get this added will i be able to make a stencil for like carving a pumpkin? lol since that isn what I am trying to do is carve my sons face into a craft pumpkin.  you know a 3d portrait style with shadows and all)  again thanks

1 hour ago, prinzssess said:

After i download the zip, unzip and now i have the dll, what do i do with that?

Put it in your Paint.net-Folder in the subfolder Effects, restart Paint.net if it is running and search the Effect-entry in Effects -> Artistic -> Stencil

Edited by IRON67

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, now can i delete the copy thats on the desktop?

thank u thank u!  thankn u both of you for 1 your very timely responses, but mostly for beingb so helpful

2 minutes ago, prinzssess said:

now can i delete the copy thats on the desktop?

Of course. And maybe you learn something about changing privileges for special folders to avoid such errors in the future.

Edited by IRON67