How to Install Plugins ×

Jesse Chunn Plugin Pack (March 8, 2008)

jchunn

jchunn.zip

March 8, 2008

Fixed minor bugs with "Varicose".

Updated "Focal Point" with yet another (and I think the last) performance enhancement.

March 5, 2008

Updated "Soften Edges" to have better performance, several new settings, and MUCH better effect.

Updated "Focal Point" with new setting / performance enhancement.

March 2, 2008

Added "Soften Edges" effect.

Updated Focal Point to be much faster in most circumstances.

Feb 20, 2008

Initial post of Jesse Chunn Plugin Pack, including Focal Point, Stencil, Color Replace, Varicose, and Bricks.

This pack includes the following plugins (click to see post about specific plugin):

Effects->Blurs->Soften Edges

This effect attempts to detect edges that need anti-aliasing and "soften" them, or show hard edges only.

------------------------------------------

Effects->Blurs->Focal Point

This effect allows you to select a point on an image to remain "in focus" and blurs the rest of the image.

Effects->Artistic->Stencil

This effect will turn an image into a two color image, similar to a stencil.

Effects->Color Replace

This effect works similarly to the magic wand, but with more control.

Effects->Render->Varicose

Generates something like "veins" running down the screen.

Check out the updated version of Varicose by MadJik here.

Effects->Render->Bricks

Very powerful yet very simple plugin. Most basic use is to generate "bricks" over the image, but many other more "subtle" uses if you play around with it.

Enjoy!

Jesse Chunn

Edited by toe_head2001
Formatting
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Total hack.

Thank you! Which ones can I delete now? Just varicose.dll?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thank you! Which ones can I delete now? Just varicose.dll?

You can delete varicose.dll, and replace jchunn.dll with this newer one. I have also edited all of my previous posts to point to this one.

Total hack.

Excellent. Thank you.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Updated original post:

Added "Soften Edges" which attempts to detect edges and soften them.

Updated "Focal Point" to be more efficient and added a quality setting.

Total hack.

Updates today:

Updated "Soften Edges" to have better performance, several new settings, and MUCH better effect.

Updated "Focal Point" with new setting / performance enhancement.

Total hack.

Wow, Focal Point @ Quality=3 on a 7MP image even makes my QX6700 cry a little ... (Core 2 quad-core 2.66ghz). Took about 23 minutes of CPU time as reported by Task Manager, which divided by 4 is about 5m:45s human time (divide by 4 because of 4 CPU cores each doing roughly equal work).

Cool stuff, definitely needs perf work though ;)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Wow, Focal Point @ Quality=3 on a 7MP image even makes my QX6700 cry a little ... (Core 2 quad-core 2.66ghz). Took about 23 minutes of CPU time as reported by Task Manager, which divided by 4 is about 5m:45s human time (divide by 4 because of 4 CPU cores each doing roughly equal work).

Were you using the latest version (with the "blur limit" setting)?

Total hack.

Okay, I've made another performance change. Rick, if you get the time, I'd like to know what the results of that same test look like with the latest (March 8, 2008 or newer) version. I realize you are not my personal QC team... but if you get the chance I'd be interested in the difference in the scenario quoted above.

Any further performance gains would require some serious changes.

Total hack.

one time I could download individual plug ins. is that not the case any longer with yours?

only in a pkg. ?

I actually like to just pick and choose which ones I want, in this case I only want to use varicose. is there separate download anywhere?

No. I may split them up in a future build, but for now they are all together.

Total hack.

one time I could download individual plug ins. is that not the case any longer with yours?

only in a pkg. ?

I actually like to just pick and choose which ones I want, in this case I only want to use varicose. is there separate download anywhere?

No. I may split them up in a future build, but for now they are all together.

OK guess I'll have to just wait. by the way when I just downloaded the pkg awhile ago I ended up with two bricks in the render plugin. and no varicose.

and yes I did try both just to make sure it wasn't an icon error, both were brick. ?

not sure if its something I did or at your end. for now I've just deleted full pkg out. and will wait for individual versions as the others with pkgs do.

ciao

thanks

It is not that a dont want all your plug ins. But the drop down menu for the effects has a tendency to become taller then my screen. And then I usually removes the plug ins I use the lest. So separate dll`s would bee nice. :wink:

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

when I just downloaded the pkg awhile ago I ended up with two bricks in the render plugin. and no varicose

I have seen this before. Take a look at this post if you are getting doubles in the menu and see if that solves it.

It is not that a dont want all your plug ins. But the drop down menu for the effects has a tendency to become taller then my screen. And then I usually removes the plug ins I use the lest. So separate dll`s would bee nice. :wink:

I have considered this in the past. I don't think it is a bad idea... in fact I agree that it is a good idea. Two requests is enough for me to get the hint. It will take me about a half hour to do. I'll split them up with my next update. I am working on another effect, so when that is done (probably this weekend) I'll post a version with the dll's seperated out.

Total hack.

separate dll's would be great. I generally download the pkgs and move the ones I'm not likely to use near as often to a separate file so my effect menu doesn't get overrun as well.

just to be clear like leif said not that we don't want them but some people populate their effects with the ones they use the most and temporarily add others as required.

thanks Now I'll go read that other post. think I've read it previously but not sure I recall all that was said as at the time it didn't pertain to me.

ciao

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...