KrisVDM

Drop Shadow and other effects, KrisVDM's Plugin Pack (updated 2010-10-26)

pyrochild    297
So are you now planning to implement the colour choosing feature when 3.30 stable build is developed?

Considering he's the one who finally convinced Rick that a color-chooser was a must....

jerkfight    17
So are you now planning to implement the colour choosing feature when 3.30 stable build is developed?

Considering he's the one who finally convinced Rick that a color-chooser was a must....

Pyrochild, man, today im missing the obvious and your stating it.

And thanks KrisVDM: Im going to still wait for a stable build

KrisVDM    10
It's pretty stable. Give it a shot, if it doesn't work out you can alway uninstall and go back to the latest non-beta release.

jerkfight    17
It's pretty stable. Give it a shot, if it doesn't work out you can alway uninstall and go back to the latest non-beta release.

Its not that its not stable, its that many plugins are in-compatible, so i rather wait. Infact i already downloaded it earlier, and went straight back...

Ash    9
Can you have a list of all the effects in your package on the 1st post?

So users will know what they will be getting with each dll.

Done.

Thanks! :wink:

Updated effects available through my blog at http://www.u2u.info/Blogs/Kris/

Thank you

very

much!

One recommendation - maybe nonsense: I'd rather do Drop Shadow in the Object submenu, which is not built-in but common if you use popular effects like Feather or Outline Object.

I don't think Stylize is the appropriate place for it - considering the other effects in the menu. "Object" however comes better to my mind.

Edit: Fixed an issue with the quote.

Ash    9
One recommendation - maybe nonsense: I'd rather do Drop Shadow in the Object submenu, which is not built-in but common if you use popular effects like Feather or Outline Object.

I don't think Stylize is the appropriate place for it - considering the other effects in the menu. "Object" however comes better to my mind.

Yes, Object menu is better! Even render is better!

BoltBait    1,226

I think the Object menu is best for drop shadow.

In fact, I've been thinking of some more stuff to go in there... :shock:

jrjordan    0

I am fairly new at this program and don't know a lot about working it, but I cannot get the shadow effect or any of the plugin's effects to work. They appear in the menus, but when I adjust them nothing happens to the image on which I am working. I extracted the file, put the .dlls in the effects folder, but no luck when adjusting. I can move the adjustments, but the image is not altered, no drop shadow, no

I have an extracted src.V3.2 file and an unextracted file with the same name, so I am not sure I need to do something else in the effects folder?

The only setting that affects the image is when I uncheck "Keep original image" and the image goes black.

I am running the beta version required.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

I cannot get the shadow effect or any of the plugin's effects to work. They appear in the menus (...)

I am running the beta version required.

Does "any of the plugin's effects" mean you can't get the effects from this thread "13 effects and a..." working or do you have problems with all effects available?

jrjordan    0

Yes, thanks for the request for clarification.

Actually, I was wanting to use the drop shadow mainly and it will not work. I go to Effects > Stylize > Drop Shadow. I see the offset x and y, widening radius, blur, and shadow color. I widen the radius by moving the point to the right and nothing happens. Adjusting the shadow color does not change color, no x or y offset, no nothing. And it seems to not work only for the drop shadow. The main one I would like to use.

Thanks for the help!!

KrisVDM    10
I cannot get the shadow effect or any of the plugin's effects to work. They appear in the menus, but when I adjust them nothing happens to the image on which I am working. [...] I can move the adjustments, but the image is not altered, no drop shadow, no
What kind of picture are you trying this on? You need a picture with transparency for the drop shadow to have any kind of effect. So it won't do anything on a jpeg image, for example.

Just to see the effect, use the eraser with a big radius (100 pixels or so) and erase part of your image. Then try again.

13Misfit13    0

bug report

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll

Effect Name: Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowEffect

Full error message: System.MethodAccessException: PaintDotNet.ColorWheel..ctor()

at Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowConfigDialog.InitializeComponent()

at Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowEffect.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

13Misfit13    0
You have PdN 3.30, and the new version of this plugin, right?

yeah...I figured out what was going on. Vista has this new admin system in place so that nothing changes on the computer unless you allow it to. When pdn updated and I went to update the plugins and for some reason it put the zip file in a sub-folder labeled compatible. Except the folder is not an actual folder but appears up by the commands. So basically the zip file for all of vdm's plugins were put into the sub-folder while all the other zips performed the overwrite. You can see where this is going...I unzipped all of the updated plugins thinking that everything had been properly placed when in fact I was just unzipping the old vdm effects. Stupid vista doing stupid things without telling me :lol: everything works now...plugins are as great as they always have been!

acef596    0

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll
     Effect Name: Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowEffect
     Full error message: System.MethodAccessException: PaintDotNet.ColorWheel..ctor()
  at Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowConfigDialog.InitializeComponent()
  at Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowConfigDialog..ctor()
  at Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowEffect.CreateConfigDialog()
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

I keep getting that error.

--edit--

Just seen the above post but I don't understand that.=/

david.atwell    280

I'm out of ideas...you may need to wait for Kris or some other knowledgeable person to reply.