How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v3.5.11 - Updated January 31, 2015

BoltBait

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am playing with the stenography option and I am wondering is the only way to view the hidden image is having paint.net and the steno plug in or how does it work. I have seen some that in the past that if you adjust the color curve to set levels that will reveal the picture? is that the case here or is it something different?

Hey BoltBait...what's the dealio yo? :(

th_feather.jpg

Yeah, I hate using the new feather now. It treats any semi-transparent pixel as a border, meaning you get a huge ugly line of white space. I've been trying to cut out one image, and regardless of the alasing, it still dosen't look right.

If you up the transparency first (Transparency plug-in) then use feather, it works fine!

The problem is that it only works with completely transparent pixels against completely opaque pixels, anything in between messes it up...

wallpapersignaturezs5.png

Firefox is the best! So is Relient K!

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Bye Paint.NET!

If you up the transparency first (Transparency plug-in) then use feather, it works fine!

The problem is that it only works with completely transparent pixels against completely opaque pixels, anything in between messes it up...

Well, that was the original idea.

See, you're trying to feather something that's already feathered. :D

Well, that was the original idea.

See, you're trying to feather something that's already feathered. :D

I guess it was madjik's kaleidoscope plugin...probably cause I had anti-aliasing on or something. :)

Hey BoltBait...what's the dealio yo? :(

th_feather.jpg

Yeah, I hate using the new feather now. It treats any semi-transparent pixel as a border, meaning you get a huge ugly line of white space. I've been trying to cut out one image, and regardless of the alasing, it still dosen't look right.

Try Gaussian Blur+ instead (in "Alpha channel only" mode).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Euhm.. I'm not sure, but.. The Rainbow Palette isn't a .DLL file.. It's just a text-document, wich isn't really text, but wich is coding :S.

Nice effects anyways, some were perfectly what I was looking for!

Euhm.. I'm not sure, but.. The Rainbow Palette isn't a .DLL file.. It's just a text-document, wich isn't really text, but wich is coding :S.

Nice effects anyways, some were perfectly what I was looking for!

Read the 1st post so you will know what's going on

Window > Colors > More > Open Palettes Folder

I have also included an update to my Rainbow Palette.

Copy the file Rainbow Palette.txt to your My Documents/Paint.NET User Files/Palettes folder and you can select it in your color docker window.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

BoltBait, I'm really new to Paint.net and have been reading and trying

many of the tuts and downloading many plug-in's.

Really getting my feet wet and got some weird looking things.

I got your plug-in pack installed into EFFECTS o.k. but now in your

article you talk about

1)Window > Colors > More > Open Palettes Folder and

2)Copy the file Rainbow Palette.txt to your My Documents/Paint.NET User Files/Palettes folder

I don't have any of these files/paths, course being new...I've missed something.

Would you help me establish my needs. Thanks.

Is it me --or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?

BoltBait, I'm really new to Paint.net and have been reading and trying

many of the tuts and downloading many plug-in's.

Really getting my feet wet and got some weird looking things.

I got your plug-in pack installed into EFFECTS o.k. but now in your

article you talk about

1)Window > Colors > More > Open Palettes Folder and

2)Copy the file Rainbow Palette.txt to your My Documents/Paint.NET User Files/Palettes folder

I don't have any of these files/paths, course being new...I've missed something.

Would you help me establish my needs. Thanks.

No problem.

Open Paint.NET.

Open your colors window.

Click the little button that looks like a Folder with a Color wheel in it. (Just above your color wells.)

Click the "Open palettes folder..." menu item from the menu that opened.

This will open a file explorer window where the palette file needs to go. Copy my Rainbow Palette.txt file into that window (drag and drop the file into that window).

The next time you click the little button that looks like a Folder with a Color wheel in it, you should see "Rainbow Palette" in the list. Select it.

No problem.

Open Paint.NET.

Open your colors window.

Click the little button that looks like a Folder with a Color wheel in it. (Just above your color wells.)

Click the "Open palettes folder..." menu item from the menu that opened.

This will open a file explorer window where the palette file needs to go. Copy my Rainbow Palette.txt file into that window (drag and drop the file into that window).

The next time you click the little button that looks like a Folder with a Color wheel in it, you should see "Rainbow Palette" in the list. Select it.

BoltBait, I misunderstood and thought you meant my Window folder in Operating System.

I followed your instruction, opened Paint.net and do not see the "colors Window".

I've trying to attach what my files are and hope you can read them and further direct me..

Here goes...

PaintDotNetfiles.png

I'm talking about this window:

colorswindow.png

Click the folder button ("5") to see this menu:

palettesmenu.png

That's when you need to click the "Open Palettes Folder..." menu option and follow the instructions in my post above.

Good luck. 8)

*More info on this page: http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/WorkingWithPalettes.html

Thanks BoltBait, I did it !! and I agree that your color palette is

more organized and eaiser to use. Thanks for your trouble.

One more favor to ask of you...could you direct me to a tut

that gives some step by step instruction on working with layers ?

I found a brief description of the layer, but I need to have more

explanation of how to apply the various effect, etc., onto the layer,

to un-check layers will working on active layer, I could go on with

questions...which seem hard to get out of my mouth on to paper..

Once again, Thanks. I am enjoying working with paint and don't want

to be a big trouble.

Thanks BoltBait, I did it !! and I agree that your color palette is

more organized and eaiser to use. Thanks for your trouble.

[...]

I am enjoying working with paint and don't want

to be a big trouble.

Here > All you need about layers on Paint.NET

Thanks MiguelPereira , I have printed these descriptions and

read them many times, but still need something more basic

as to each step of working with each layer.

As an example, the following burn-in to an image is giving me

a problem when I make the new layer black and then place the

image in...the background turns white and should stay black.

The instructions are easy to follow, but I'm missing something.

Just my failure. Here's the tut.....

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23140//url

Alright. I've been having this problem for a long time now, with a lot of plugins. I just haven't gotten around to seeking help.

1 of 7
--------------
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Flip.dll
     Name: Flip.FlipVEffect
     Version: 2.0.0.0
     Author: BoltBait
     Copyright: Copyright 2008 BoltBait, All Rights Reserved.
     Full error message: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'PaintDotNet.ImageResource PaintDotNet.PdnResources.GetImageResource(System.String)'.
  at Flip.FlipVEffect..ctor()
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
  at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.AddEffectsToMenu()

2 of 7
--------------
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Flip.dll
     Name: Flip.FlipHEffect
     Version: 2.0.0.0
     Author: BoltBait
     Copyright: Copyright 2008 BoltBait, All Rights Reserved.
     Full error message: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'PaintDotNet.ImageResource PaintDotNet.PdnResources.GetImageResource(System.String)'.
  at Flip.FlipHEffect..ctor()
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
  at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.AddEffectsToMenu()

3 of 7
--------------
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Feather.dll
     Effect Name: FeatherEffect.FeatherPlugin
     Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Method 'OnCreatePropertyCollection' in type 'FeatherEffect.FeatherPlugin' from assembly 'Feather, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

4 of 7
--------------
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\GaussianBlurPlus.dll
     Effect Name: GaussianBlurPlus.GaussianBlurPlusPlugin
     Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Method 'OnCreatePropertyCollection' in type 'GaussianBlurPlus.GaussianBlurPlusPlugin' from assembly 'GaussianBlurPlus, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

5 of 7
--------------
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Outline.dll
     Effect Name: dsiOutlineObjectEffect.OutlineObjectPlugin
     Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Method 'OnCreatePropertyCollection' in type 'dsiOutlineObjectEffect.OutlineObjectPlugin' from assembly 'Outline, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

6 of 7
--------------
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\OutlineSelection.dll
     Effect Name: OutlineSelection.OutlineSelectionPlugin
     Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Method 'OnCreatePropertyCollection' in type 'OutlineSelection.OutlineSelectionPlugin' from assembly 'OutlineSelection, Version=1.0.3055.18368, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

7 of 7
--------------
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Pastel.dll
     Effect Name: Pastel.PastelPlugin
     Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Method 'OnCreatePropertyCollection' in type 'Pastel.PastelPlugin' from assembly 'Pastel, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

I'm not sure what's causing it.

Running Windows XP, Paint.NET 3.31, and have .NET versions 1.1 1.1hotfix 2.0 and 3.0 installed.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]