How to Install Plugins ×

Isometric Cuboid v1.6 (Jan 9, 2016)

toe_head2001

Isometric Cuboid

Effects -> Render -> Isometric Cuboid

ui.pngex2.png

.ex3.pngex1.png

Description

Generates a Rectangular Cuboid in Isometric projection.

Change Log

v1.6 (Jan 9, 2016)

• New: Added option to disable Anti-aliasing

v1.5 (Dec 31, 2015)

• New: Added option to Draw isometric Pyramid
  • New: Added Fill options (Solid & Shaded)
  • Changed: Moved some things around in the UI

v1.1 (Dec 9, 2015)

• New: Added controls to adjust Line color and width

v1.0 (Dec 4, 2015)

• Initial release

Download

IsometricCuboid.zip

Source Code

https://github.com/toehead2001/pdn-isometric-cuboid

Edited by toe_head2001
Formatting
  • Upvote 5

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Thanks toe_head2001,My first ever wall tag.

Eli! How did you do that? Very nice.  :mtdew:  :pizza:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Eli! How did you do that? Very nice.  :mtdew:  :pizza:

Seerose, I started making one block, I gave it some texture and then duplicated it several times. I made a few flips and started stacking them as if they were Jenga blocks. When I finished, I had a strange pattern that confused me a bit as I could not find my point of view. It is like an optical illusion. It looks strange also if you rotate it 90 degrees. I like it so I placed it in my gallery:)

• Upvote 1

Eli! Yes, "It is like an optical illusion."  I've tried too in style. Without texture, withhout rotation. I'II be in again soon try.

Thank you very much for the info. okuc8cdl.gif

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Toe_head, you're always thinking up new things!     :beer:  :pizza:  :mtdew:

I use isometric graph paper at my job for quick sketches of piping and ductwork out in the field.

Question 1: Is it possible for you to vary the line width a little? Nothing too drastic, Maybe a slider from 1 to say 10px?

Question 2: Is it possible to choose a color other than the default black?

I appreciate all your plugins, TH, thank you!

Question 1: Is it possible for you to vary the line width a little? Nothing too drastic, Maybe a slider from 1 to say 10px?

Question 2: Is it possible to choose a color other than the default black?

Both are trivial to add to the plugin.

Do you need/want a Color Wheel, or would using the primary color be sufficient?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

Both are trivial to add to the plugin.

Do you need/want a Color Wheel, or would using the primary color be sufficient?

When I saw this plugin my mind immediately thought of CADD (computer aided drafting & design). They have some varying line width and different colors for different layers.

:star:  :star:  I really would like a Color Wheel (it would cut out a step; I can change the color using Curves), if possible; I think it would aid the users in creating more beautiful art pieces.

Line width...not so important. I can use Object -- Outline Object to achieve some variations in width.

Thank you, TH!

toe-head2001,

I am not sure there is a graph paper maker for paint.net. When I was a child I used to draw houses on plain paper until I discovered isometric graph paper, I would spend hours and hours drawing buildings.

Perhaps this can be an idea for another effect project.

I really would like a Color Wheel (it would cut out a step; I can change the color using Curves), if possible; I think it would aid the users in creating more beautiful art pieces.

Line width...not so important. I can use Object -- Outline Object to achieve some variations in width.

Ok, Later today I'll post a new version with adjustable width and a Color wheel.

I am not sure there is a graph paper maker for paint.net. When I was a child I used to draw houses on plain paper until I discovered isometric graph paper, I would spend hours and hours drawing buildings.

Perhaps this can be an idea for another effect project.

Can't MadJik's 'Hexagonal Grid' plugin be used for that? Hexagons use the correct angles for Isometric.

Is there something you need that his plugin doesn't offer?

Edited by toe_head2001

bp-sig.png

Version 1.1 posted with adjustable Line color and width.

Thank you so much, TH....you're a sweetheart!      5636.gif

I like this type of isometric graph paper.

Eli! Well done. Thank you.  :cake:  :mtdew:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

How about a rotation adjustment and maybe an option to do triangular shapes like a pyramid? This plugin has limited uses as is so these would be nice features to add if you are able to.  I can do what this plugin does already by using the Shape 3D plugin, adding these features would make this a better option and have more uses. 

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I guess not,lol

Patience my friend; I've been busy. I just starting working on it yesterday, and will probably work on it again later this weekend.

Hidden Content:

pyramid.png

• Upvote 1

bp-sig.png

Version 1.5 posted. Now with 50% more UI bloat. :P  See first post for changelog & download.

@@skullbonz, I did not add the rotation adjustment, as the UI was already getting to large/long. You'll have to continue rotating it after running the plugin. Sorry.

• Upvote 1

bp-sig.png

Why do you want to turn off antialiasing?

For pixelart :P Im new with spriting/pixelart/isometric so this plugin was a nice find. But it's easier with AA off. (Yeah I could remove it by hand, but then drawing it by ahdn would be easier)

• Upvote 1

For pixelart :P Im new with spriting/pixelart/isometric so this plugin was a nice find. But it's easier with AA off. (Yeah I could remove it by hand, but then drawing it by ahdn would be easier)

Version 1.6 posted with your aliasing option.

• Upvote 1

bp-sig.png