How to Install Plugins ×

ASCII Art Plugin

Simon Brown

Screenshots. You also need to specify that this is a filetype, or I guarantee you will get some confused people.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Ridiculously slow, considering the simplicity of what it's doing. If it were doing something complex, like actually determining characters for the image based on the contours of the image, it would be acceptable. But no, all it's doing is using two predetermined characters for black and white. Not complex. Definitely does not warrant taking over 3 minutes on a 400x300 image. And over 15 for a 800x600.

Also, the dialog needs a maintain aspect ration checkbox. And a preview window, once you've got the speed problem resolved.

xZYt6wl.png

But this is for ASCII art, which is ordinarily quite a bit bigger than pixel art.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Could you please tone it down a bit, Pyro? As with the other thread about the EasyWatermark, you're not being helpful, you're just being plain rude to sabrown100... It's annoying. :?

LOTS OF SHOUTING, stop making excuses, it NEEDS this, it belongs there, get rid of that, it's ridiculously slow, it's got crappy-looking output, etcetera.

That's not helping anybody. Lighten up. Say something positive for a change. :lol:

You know what? I'm only being honest. If you have a problem with brutal honestly, then you are obviously subscribe to the "let's all be super-nice to everybody so we don't ever hurt anyone's feelings, because people's feelings are the most important things in the world, and everyone should always be happy all the time, no matter what" liberal bullcrap policy of thinking.

If you have a problem with the thinks I type, ignore it. My sig and avatar are generally quote recognizable, and don't change very often. So if you see a post with my name on it, or primarily red and black sig or avatar, you can safely skip over it and be spared the oh-so-terrible task of reading my highly opinionated posts.

And the only time I shouted was "ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT BE SAVING ANYTHING IN MY DOCUMENTS!" because that is an absolutely unacceptable behavior. Every other single-word instance of using all-caps was because I was starting to get lazy, and hitting Caps Lock is quite a bit faster than typing the tags for italics and underlines, or going up to the buttons.

xZYt6wl.png

You know what? I'm only being honest. If you have a problem with brutal honestly, then you are obviously subscribe to the "let's all be super-nice to everybody so we don't ever hurt anyone's feelings, because people's feelings are the most important things in the world, and everyone should always be happy all the time, no matter what" liberal bullcrap policy of thinking.

If you have a problem with the thinks I type, ignore it. My sig and avatar are generally quote recognizable, and don't change very often. So if you see a post with my name on it, or primarily red and black sig or avatar, you can safely skip over it and be spared the oh-so-terrible task of reading my highly opinionated posts.

And the only time I shouted was "ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT BE SAVING ANYTHING IN MY DOCUMENTS!" because that is an absolutely unacceptable behavior. Every other single-word instance of using all-caps was because I was starting to get lazy, and hitting Caps Lock is quite a bit faster than typing the tags for italics and underlines, or going up to the buttons.

Don't like it? Make your own plug-in and don't download this one. You said it yourself, it's provided free of charges. You know, you don't have to be rude to criticize.

and now stop the offtopic feelings conversation

Eh, I read that after I posted :S

Could you please tone it down a bit, Pyro? As with the other thread about the EasyWatermark, you're not being helpful, you're just being plain rude to sabrown100... It's annoying. :?

LOTS OF SHOUTING, stop making excuses, it NEEDS this, it belongs there, get rid of that, it's ridiculously slow, it's got crappy-looking output, etcetera.

That's not helping anybody. Lighten up. Say something positive for a change. :lol:

positive is not always a good thing though..its strong constructive critism on things to look at and improve in the future...many people take it harsh and start arguing like this person did when me and a friend said a few things this person could improve on his ut2004 map (it had bad scripting we told him to improve that...we told him to improve the emmiters so it wasnt soo laggy and was jsut one big emmiter not thousands etc etc)

pyro is just using constructive critism :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

Question: Is pyrochild being mean, or is he giving helpful criticism in a cynical way? I'll answer for you: it's the latter. There are times that he goes over the line, and when he does, we mods will be here with a whip to get him back in line. Until then, he is correct, he is fine, he is not being overly mean, and he's helping the author become an even better coder than he was previously.

Any more discussion about pyrochild should go to the thread.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 1 year later...

There has been some time between this and the last post but I tested this plugin and I wanted to mention that sometimes there are new lines where none should be (more errors with increasing image size) and the height of the picture is stretched to about 165% using "lucida console" font (standart notepad font) due the letters aren't squares like pixel are. And somehow my notepad ignores the newlines.

Forgive me if I sounded goofy, but if you recommended the other plugin, should not the attachment in the first post be removed to prevent confusion?

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.