How to Install Plugins ×

Power Stretch 2.0 Beta (updated May 3 2008)

pyjo

That's strange... can you reproduce the error? Which are the canvas size and the plugin settings that lead to the error?

Thanks

Pyjo.

The error occured in this situation:

errorwq4.png

The source image is 418x984, the size of the selection seems to be unimportant. If I move the slider down the value of -18, the error occurs immediately when rendering the preview. If I use -18 or higher, it occurs when rendering the result - as far as I see it.

It appears in the "+ area" as well. I never had such a problem with that plugin before. If the plugin would use IndirectUI, there would be no problem because you could work without that selection. :wink:

Edit: From CodeLab to VS C# using IndirectUI by MadJik

Thanks for this plugin.

While difficult to use, I was able to change a photo of one of my kids from not smiling to smiling. This made my wife happy.

(It always seems that when taking a family photo at least one of the kids is not smiling.)

BTW, I did see some random pixels come up while I was sliding the top slider around. They did not show up at all percentages, and when I saw some I just changed the slider + or - one to get rid of them.

I had the same thing happen when I tried out the tutorial Madjik posted recently using it. And I cured it the same way the BoltBait mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for this plugin.

While difficult to use, I was able to change a photo of one of my kids from not smiling to smiling. This made my wife happy.

(It always seems that when taking a family photo at least one of the kids is not smiling.)

I'm glad to help someone increase the happyness of his family.

Unfortunately, the likelihood of a kid not smiling in a photo is proportional to the number of kids. High number of kids means there is always someone crying or pouting.

Bye

Pyjo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wonderful ! this is really nice change from the first version. I can see possibilities already. thanks for the plugin and sharing it with us.

are you going to release a source code? I'd like to see it if you do.

one thing not a biggy , but something that you can keep in mind for future updates. I'm not sure if this is possible to do maybe an add of something like the polar inversion where they have wrap/transparent/ etc.

YES! It's what I always wanted!

sig.jpg

~97% of teens won't stand up for Anything. Put this on your sig if you're one of the 3% who've fallen down trying.

Oh, and there's 3 types of people in this world...

Much easier to use, I like best of all is the "guide lines" funtion!

Thanks!

By the way...I broke it :P :?

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\PowerStretch.dll
     Name: PowerStretch20Beta.PowerStretch20BetaPlugin
     Version: 1.9.3045.14671
     Author: Pyjo
     Copyright: Copyright © Pyjo
     Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Coordinates out of range, max={Width=799, Height=479}
Parameter name: (x,y)
Actual value was {X=800,Y=223}.
  at PaintDotNet.Surface.get_Item(Int32 x, Int32 y)
  at PowerStretch20Beta.PowerStretch20BetaPlugin.Render(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle rect)
  at PowerStretch20Beta.PowerStretch20BetaPlugin.OnRender(Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(Rectangle[] renderRects, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderImpl()
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join()
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start()
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClassa.b__8(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

are you going to release a source code? I'd like to see it if you do.

one thing not a biggy , but something that you can keep in mind for future updates. I'm not sure if this is possible to do maybe an add of something like the polar inversion where they have wrap/transparent/ etc.

The only good thing about the source code is that it works. I'd like to clean it and then publish it, but i don't know when this will happen. Keep waiting... maybe I'll PM it to you.

About trasparency: the "empty" areas are filled with primary color, so you need only to select a fully trasparent color as primary. And about wrap... If you think it may be useful I'll try to add it as an option.

Are you considering using visual studio to create future versions of this plugin?

Now Codelab is very powerful. I'll consider VS when I'll try to do something that cannot be done in Codelab.

Thanks!

By the way...I broke it

Thanks, and... congratulations! Perhaps my plugin still needs some hardening...

Is it possible to have an option that allows you to have a decreasing level of intensity as it gets further away from the chosen center of distortion?

Impossible is nothing. But The formula should be completely changed. When I started working on this plugin, I had your example in mind, but i judged it a bit too difficult (for me) to implement. Maybe in a future release (such as 117.0 or something).

See you later (with the next, full release of the 2.0 version)

Bye

Pyjo.

so am I correct when I use this plugin on transparent layer it drops in the primary color (black in this case ) and I have to just cut away that portion afterwards to maintain the transparency portion of this layer?

th_questionaboutpowerstretch.png

1st color Alpha=0

you need only to select a fully trasparent color as primary

Reported already

Thanks!

By the way...I broke it :P :?

Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Coordinates out of range, max={Width=799, Height=479}
Actual value was {X=800,Y=223}.
  at PowerStretch20Beta.PowerStretch20BetaPlugin.Render(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle rect)
  at PowerStretch20Beta.PowerStretch20BetaPlugin.OnRender(Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(Rectangle[] renderRects, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClassa.b__8(Object sender, EventArgs e)

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

wouldn't you be able to use a double vector to select the center of the power stretch?

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

Tried using Power Stretch 2 Beta to shape an apple using the vertical stretch option and four times it failed and I had to restart PDN. I think I`ll revert to version 1 .

If it`s any help here`s the details-

ile: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\PowerStretch.dll

Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Coordinates out of range, max={Width=599, Height=599}

Actual value was {X=224,Y=600}.

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClassb.b__8(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I know it`s still Beta so maybe this will help iron out any problems.Not being into code I have no idea what all this actually means :oops: Up to now it`s been OK.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 5 months later...

I'm trying to create arched text, and to do it properly, I have to slide the radius bar all the way down to 100. but when I try to slide the vertical bar, it glitches up. Is this a bug in the programming or what?

Edit: Error message:

File: D:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\PowerStretchh.dll
     Effect Name: PaintDotNet.Effects.UserScript
     Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Coordinates out of range, max={Width=274, Height=205}
Actual value was {X=107,Y=206}.
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.UserScript.Render(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle rect)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.UserScript.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort()
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClassb.b__8(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I have both versions. I'm using 1 right now though.

• 2 weeks later...

Its great! I made an AWESOME EGG!

30878_dce99e6e5d2d65fddf3fca80a10bbbf5

Death is one thing, Stars are another. BUT If you put them together, they become more powerfull than ever befor!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I sincerely hope the author would be able to update the plugin for v3.5. It crashes when I play with the settings, and yes, I'm using v2.0 beta.

Here's the crash log:

Hidden Content: Crash Log

Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Coordinates out of range, max={Width=799, Height=599}

Actual value was {X=514,Y=600}.

at PaintDotNet.Surface.get_Item(Int32 x, Int32 y) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Core\Surface.cs:line 750

at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(Rectangle[] renderRects, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 57

at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 100

at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Effects\Effect.cs:line 211

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.Renderer(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 127

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 372

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 363

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 327

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 274

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<>c__DisplayClass21.<RunEffectImpl>b__10() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 827

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.