Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

Developing the skin texture and its applications: here is a 100% PdN arm.

Bye

Pyjo

Terrific, I'll rename you Dr. Frankstein :lol:

my first post! I have been playing with Paint.net for a bit now, but just joined the forums last night.

th_bricks.jpg

That's really cool, i.m.o there's too much red I'd try to adjust color a bit (and what about put some life in that backyard?)

@ZizOiz: Those bricks are amazing! Very realistic, and i like how the bricks fade away in the back ground.

@pyjo: :shock: :shock: :shock: That arm looks almost real! the skin texture is amazing, now all you need to do is add a shoulder :)

Made a planet recently and here it is (100% PDN):

planet.png

Comments and tips on how to make it better welcome.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

LFC4EVER: that planet is amazing! nice job on the lighting, and the nebulous cloud in the background! The only thing I would do would be to make the comets go in different directions! :D

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

LFC4EVER: :shock: Wow! that's incredibly realistic, right down to the shone on the wood! Nice work!

iRock: That's a great color combination in those clouds-it looks just like sunsets I have seen! :D

@LFC4EVER

looks amazing!! :D

now maybe put some kind of senery in the background..like a crowed looking on :D

great work!

Thanks! I may do a scenery in the background but the look i was going for is the table in a dark room with only the top being lit (that's why the table has no base :))

Your sunset is excellent IMO, but to make it better i would make the sun more blurry around the edges and not that sharp. Try feathering or using a Gaussian blur.

LFC4EVER: :shock: Wow! that's incredibly realistic, right down to the shone on the wood! Nice work!

iRock: That's a great color combination in those clouds-it looks just like sunsets I have seen! :D

Thanks!

Merry Christmas

That gravity plug-in of Madjik is giving me lots of fun (thanks Madjik!)

th_paesaggiodimontagnalgravity.jpg

Hidden Content:
Is it just me or lately all posted images are not showing full-size view (like if they were cut on the right side?)

LFC4EVER: Good job with that table :D

I want some of those dice! they're made of transparent red plastic! The only thing I would add would be a bit more shine on them, and to blur the shadows so they look a bit more like shadows. :D

Cool stuff LJXD :)

The bottom one I like..its wintery and all, especially how you got inside out to make those arrows

The first one's got too much glare on the top half. Maybe you could decrease the opacity.

I think this is borderline abstract, but still you've got interesting stuff.

@R3VENGE:

It looks good. i like the use of Shape3D and the tilt of the "window" adds depth IMO.

However, it doesnt look like a window to me though, dunno what it looks like really..a glass pane??

Made a PSP on Paint.NET recently.

99% of it was done on Paint.NET, but a few images were used for reference, with one used as a screen.

th_PSP.png

NOTE: The glass "L" and "R" buttons on the top are a bit blurry, and although i tried to make them a bit more like glass, i obviously didn't succeed IMO, but thats my best shot at glass.

(Posted this in the Image Hospital too, for tips on how to improve)

Merry Christmas

Going back a page, I just wanted to mention how cool the dice picture is! The opaque level is perfect, which really makes the picture stand out as feeling complete and realistic to me.

Here's my first attempt at a cake:

BirthdayCake.png

It comes from this picture (which I am not entirely happy with, though I think the cake looks reasonably good):

HappyBirthday-1.png

It's been some time since I submitted anything 100% original, made with Paint.NET - but I finally found the time to fulfil one of my desires/ambitions and create a full chess set, using only PDN. After spending a week (on and off) making the pieces I kinda lost interest in the background; perhaps I'll revisit this later and put in something more interesting.

TheRoyalGame800.png

Each of the pieces was individually rendered using the amazing Shape 3D effect plugin - so are all based on basic geometric shapes, with some additional manipulation. I had to make a decision when it came to the Knight, as this is generally represented by a horses head (not easy with Shape 3D!). After many experiments, I finally settled on a "Lance & Shield" design, and I think it turned out OK (although it's not as solid as the rest of the pieces).

Click on the image to view larger size and/or download the full 1920 x 1080 HDTV widescreen version.

Enjoy.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png