Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

Sorry about the confusion. After I posted my 2 images to the forum I changed their locations in Photobucket & forgot to update the links. I finally remembered to update!

22e613f5-121b-4709-b6a8-14997ebd8cd5_zps

In this image I used Paint.NET to ceate the booster rockets' flames of thrust and "Edge of Space" background.

OntheEdgeofSpace_zps21c1e58c.jpg

• Upvote 2

I like them all but the rings on the exploding planets really took my eye. The flames are really good too. Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Out of all of them, the bottom one is the most realistic. 

This one:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d114/warpdrivegfx/PdN%20Creatios/OntheEdgeofSpace_zps21c1e58c.jpg

The flames are amazingly well done.

Agreed.  How did you do those?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thanx for your compliments, guys! I agree that my Space Shuttle work is the best. Since I did it 4-5 years ago I don't remember how I created the rocket flames.By the way, my graphics work is all self-taught (no formal schooling in computer graphics).

• 1 month later...

Trash Art 0311 made using the lomo effect isolate line background image skeleton layer for the hair and a layer for the eyes mix and match for other images all my work of course.

a8bbe174-d634-4718-aa2c-93ba59b6dded_zps

Edited by R van den Berg
  • Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Very, very nice @Red - you have such amazing talent in putting these Escher-like pictures together which are so appealing ;) .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

lfmdh6l7.png Red ochre! I love your work. The is perfect. Well done, and thank you so much. ve7oxyf5.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thanks Cc4 - happy trees! - I do hope so. :)

Many thanks Pixey - I'm an Escher fan, so very complimented - think what he could have done with Pdn! ;)

Helen - Experimenting with 'cuboids' made me think of Fritz Lang's 'Metropolis', so I tried something along those lines. Many thanks for commenting! ;)

johnnysdream - many thanks! :beer: ;)

Seerose - Thank you, I'll have that beer later. :D

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 7 months later...

I's been a while, but I got bored today and made some stars. Here's a link, the image is 3200x1800 so I didn't want to link it here. :P

Now I just have to think of some things to put in front of those stars...

• Upvote 1

Great sky.  Beautiful. Love the bottom edge. I want to see more of that.

Thanks! I was going for the "edge of a galactic cloud" look towards the bottom there, glad you like it.

• 1 month later...

http://i.imgur.com/ZUq16DU.png%5B%5Cthumb%5D

In 40,000 years Voyager 1 will pass the star Gliese 445. We won't be able to collect data as it won't be operational by then.
The only thing not PDN is the satellite. Let me know what you think!

In real life, the star will be much smaller than that but the rest of it is realistic :Dish

Edited by Drydareelin
  • Upvote 5