Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

Doughty - yes, I meant that too. Both in real life the parts are harder to come by now. I rather like your explanation & what is most interesting is that one of the fellow TX owners was having nightmares about those very same parts. Apparently a recurring one. He didn't elaborate on why this was so nightmarish for him. See your idea was right after all. Sometimes what we see is what the artist was unwilling to reveal even to himself but art cannot be tricked like that. :lol:

Jaxon, I stand by the comments I made in your gallery. A wonderful abstract. Love it!

Delpart, I am thinking eye & embryo. Chillyingly scary (don't care if its not a word, it should be!)

Great work guys & thanks for sharing!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

th_theyemergefour.jpg

Weird...when I was scrolling through, I thought the ball moved, and had to go back to look at it again. I like how it has the ink swirls, like a squid squirting ink when it's threatened, and the darkness. Reminds me of the film of the deep sea exploration that was totally awesome.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

@Everyone. Thanks for that. I wasn't sure about reply in here about my own postings or not as its not a gallery so to speak.

@BBQ: Great composition and brilliance with the new art decco. Strange book ends and crisp bright metallic feel.

The time piece (pun intended) is simply brilliant. Fluid, and well blended. Offset stone clock is nice offset to the fluidity of the light swirls. Not sure what else to say, but as I commented elsewhere this is almost literally something I saw in my head from a previous work with that stone clock face ... Thanks for making images from my mind. :mrgreen:

Gallery at PDN-Fans

NMD, I used a fractal program called Chaoscope (misspelled it above) It is free too. A bit of Grim Reaper to get rid of the black, duplicated the layer, changed the layer blend mode, possibly duplicated some more...

Delpart, isn't it just the oddest feeling when someone creates something that is in your mind?!

Thanks for the time you took to comment. I really struggled with the Summer Love image but after leaving it & the others yet to come for a long time, they seemed to just fall into place fpr me on Modya night & I finished off 6...

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

barbieq, I have often found that duplicating the fractal after removing the black increases the color and contrast. Sometime running Gaussian blur at default helps too. There's a lot of combination you could do with some of the color editing capabilities of PDN and fractal. They are addictive! But "Summer Love" is golden! I love the stained glass effect you have going.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

• 1 month later...

I used to run a small graphic website years ago but stopped and now im trying to get back into it but i lost my touch and i am going to attempt to revamp my skills. Here are two pictures i made, they are pretty basic but i am pretty much reteaching myself. Please give me opinions and don't be afraid to be blunt lol.

bMhys.jpg

With added Gaussian Blur

fz5RK.jpg

Edited by echo89

Welcome to the forums & PDN!

I like the first one. Great colours you chose. Has potential for a lot of uses.

The second one reminds me of Van Gough's work. Try running a small Gaussian Blur to smooth the jaggy pixels a bit. I like it a lot just the same!

Ok, how about a bit of feedback one mine above yours, please?

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Welcome to the forums & PDN!

I like the first one. Great colours you chose. Has potential for a lot of uses.

The second one reminds me of Van Gough's work. Try running a small Gaussian Blur to smooth the jaggy pixels a bit. I like it a lot just the same!

Ok, how about a bit of feedback one mine above yours, please?

Thank you, with the second one i was trying to go for the old oil paint Van Gough work with a little twist to it. I shall take your advice with the blur. as for the first one it started out just playing around and i kept tweaking it until i got that. So far it is my favorite that i have made.

I really like your first one, i hope to build myself back up to your skill level. Over all, the three are all really amazing.

Okay i added the blur and put it in the first versions place, tell me what you think.

Edited by echo89

Yep, that is a lot better. Another thing that I always do is to work in a canvas either 2 or 4 times larger than the finished image & scale them down after I am done. Easy for me since I have a lot of RAM. Generally I Gaussian Blur everything @ 2 if I am working on 4 x larger. Gives a very smooth result for me.

YOu have great ideas & I really like your works so far. Tutes are a great way of finding your way around PDN.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Yep, that is a lot better. Another thing that I always do is to work in a canvas either 2 or 4 times larger than the finished image & scale them down after I am done. Easy for me since I have a lot of RAM. Generally I Gaussian Blur everything @ 2 if I am working on 4 x larger. Gives a very smooth result for me.

YOu have great ideas & I really like your works so far. Tutes are a great way of finding your way around PDN.

Hm, how much RAM do you have?

echo89 - good strong start

Barbieq25 - always good! - 12GB!! :lol:

Xhin - I like your work - same colour scheme through the latest ones - clever.

Delpart - good image, but I prefer some of the ones in your gallery from your sig.

here's something to balance against Welshblue's (brilliant) crucifix painting - offense not intended - (I'm an athiest :D).

th_pentagram13a.png

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

The monochromatic scheme works really well in this. My eyes are trying to makes the spheres smaller as they come to the viewer bust instead they get smaller as they disappear behind the main sphere. Brilliant! Very nice the way the ripples play with the sphere too & the reflection of your name in the top left hand corner. Well done!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Hello Xhin, - great work on the latest one - sort of polarized Mandlebrot - with little faces in the star points (or is that my imagination!).

I think I'll leave off writing a 'tut' till I know what I'm doing ;) + too many rules for me :lol:

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 5 weeks later...