Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

david.atwell

Skullbonz  Nicely done!, very subtle integration from one picture to the other.  aa5726cb.gif..........The pack of cigarettes IS what you added isn't it? tease.gif

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Skulls, that is an awesome cut and paste.....how did you do that? I can't......not yet anyway Lol

NewCatesiggy_zps1bc90d52.jpg

"Geek is me"

I can put anyone in any picture and make it hard to tell,lol. I have to be careful who I use so I don't start a war though,heh,heh. I just put a friend in a hammock on a beach at his request.  ;)

Ya Scooter,the cigs,lol,that pic was before I quit. 

ScifiGirl it isn't as hard as you think. There are several ways to cut someone or something out of a picture in PDN. The first and basic methods are using either the magic wand or the eraser on the background and touching it up with AA Assistant and Feather. You could also use the Lasso tool and loosely go around the part you want cut out, then use TR's Edge Fader to get rid of the extra and touch it up with AA Assistant. The way I did this one was by using TR's Alpha Cutter and a little AA Assistant. Then on any of these methods use a touch of Feather to blend it into the background.  Sometimes a little color change or darkness/lightness has to be added which can be done by a few methods with the standard tools of PDN. On this one I missed a little spot that I didn't see until I posted it,lol.

Thank you everyone for the comments.   :)

• Upvote 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Correct.It is not a pro job with the blending but I think its acceptable.Passable.Lol,you should have seen it before.

So the blue part,was it too bright?Too dark?I'm thinking too bright.Unless you meant something else entirely.If you look closely at the African picture,I believe its NOT a sunny day but it looks overcast.So perhaps the snow part is too bright?

It turned out nice, so yes, even if it has room to improve, it is far from bad and it's a very enjoyable piece.

As for the light, the shiny star-like glow is wonderful, and the blue light, it's like a light ray, correct? Light rays are one thing I have always wanted to do, but I have never been able to make good ones. For yours, I want to say it doesn't look like it's blending with the rest of the picture as well as the other parts are, or maybe it's not transparent enough over the animals. Don't get me wrong though, it's not bad, but some tweaking isn't bad either, unfortunately, I'm terrible at giving feed back, so I'm not sure what should be tweaked. Maybe broaden it so it flows with the image more? Or Adjust the shape? Or adjust how it's blending by playing with blending modes or opacity levels? I don't know.

Nevertheless, the light is just a little detail, with or without tweaks your image is a great pic, and the light does add to the picture a very cool feel.

Since you are moving onto another project, and you said you don't have this picture in layers anymore, the picture is definitely still a job well done. :)

Ah!Ya,the light rays.They flood out the animals a little too much. Thats  right. :)

Skullbonz,I dont want to alarm you but you have a freakin bear behind man!!

• Upvote 1

Gota agree, very well done. Good job on the water/ land blend and the additional elements are (wait for it......) Outa this world!  pbhappyjump.gif

Scooter

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

@Cc4FuzzyHuggles and Scooter,I thank you very very much!3 waterfalls,and the statue were gimp brushes and the building I made in Sketchup .Everything else was PDN.I had flying cars flying all about and I beveled a convincing looking tunnel into one of the cliff faces but took it all out because it took too much away from the natural beauty of the canyon.Lol,as if the planet and building didnt.

I find the image a bit eerie. The windows etc are like ghostly quiet eyes that only a few can see, sort of like a cloaking thing. Very nicely done.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you barbieq25. :) Eerie?Never thought of that.Interesting way of looking at it.Or should I say interesting way it makes you feel!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK I did this a long time ago--hows that for trying to deflect criticism?  Regardless I liked the concept and had a plan, back then.

I give you...

PURRRR

PURRRR2_zpsc07f3bd9.jpg

be gentle o reader, viewer for though my armor is strong, my heart is like the dawn- hopeful and full of promise but only a short time there.

Wm. Scooterspire

Scooter

That is a cool picture. I like how you made it look like the tiger is peering through leaves, even though there aren't any actual leaves, just some neat green coloring. It's very creative. The feel of the picture is totally there.

be gentle o reader, viewer for though my armor is strong, my heart is like the dawn- hopeful and full of promise but only a short time there.

Wm. Scooterspire

I know how you feel. That describes me too. :)

Scooter, on 23 May 2014 - 6:53 PM, said:snapback.png

Wm. Scooterspire

I know how you feel. That describes me too.  :)  

Why, Thank You, CC4fuzzyhuggles  5d245db7.gif  .  Just a bit of doggerel, as I seem fond of "not leaving well enough alone".  Enjoy your day and your self, it's all good t09166_zpsc96f7ddd.gif

Scooter

@scooter

Very neat. The blending of the skull & crossbones is quite effective.  I'm perhaps a bit less keen about the glitter on the teeth. If it were a bit smaller I think it would be less distracting as the eyes are really the focus of this pic if you ask me. In fact, I'm curious to see what a bit of glare on the eyes would produce as effect.

That and maybe trying the Lomography plugin could induce something pretty cool.

All my pickyness aside nice image mod my friend

Cheers B)

SigSpec2.png

I think it's a matter of taste then, because the eyes aren't what had my interest. I think they're fine as they are, or maybe even lower their opacity. Regardless of personal taste, it is a cool tiger. So, as long as us viewers are enjoying the picture, I think it's all fun and good. RAWR! :lol:

I think it's a matter of taste then, because the eyes aren't what had my interest. I think they're fine as they are, or maybe even lower their opacity. Regardless of personal taste, it is a cool tiger. So, as long as us viewers are enjoying the picture, I think it's all fun and good. RAWR! :lol:

That's because the tooth glare distracted you lol. But seriously, as you mentionned it's all in the eye of the beholder.

SigSpec2.png

Thank you Spectre an' Cc4fuzzyhuggles getsmileyCA01OWOH.gif for your inputs and viewpoints. As previously stated this was an old shelved project/idea (translation : to see what would happen if...)

I appreciate you comments and will look forward to incorporating the jest of them into a future project....

.Now, Shinny fang?  glow-y eyes? fuzzy smokie edging? egad! Its all so fun and then if I were to just.......  8fd3a42f.gif

Scooter

This is what I started with:

th_Pandanusstartimage_zps8d322abc.jpg

This is what I did with it. Not possible for me to produce this without this fab plugin.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/152/9/b/pandanus_by_barbieq25-d7kl3zp.png

You really need to see it full size. :D

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012