Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

david.atwell

Text placement's a bit strange, and I think I would make his neck fade into the clouds, instead of showing his shirt, but the manip itself is awesome man - really well done!

_____

Ok, here's my newest Vue render Paint.NET manipulation:

94719957.jpg

^^Click for full sized version (2560x1600!)^^

I'm not very happy with the sky, but I am quite content with how the lighting (fog / haze) came out.

Please give me some feedback! Also, if you want to see the original render straight out of Vue, just ask and I'll upload it.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

• 2 weeks later...

"The Planet Earth"

ThePlanetEarth.png

This pic was made from the following 2 images(source-Galactic Civilizations 2:Dread Lords planet maps):

Earth's map:

earth.png

And Luna's(the moon's) map:

C09.png

The clouds were made by getting a selection from a real picture of Earth's clouds and rendering the cloud effect in with some blurs.

You can find an awesome tutorial on making planets here:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31472&hilit=planets

This image is also in my gallery:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32872

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

@ 007 Nab Wow ! That's beautiful. You said your not happy with the sky, I don't know, I kind of like the way the sky looks, the colors the clouds, pretty cool looking. The lens flair is a beautiful touch. The mountains, the water, the sky, it all looks really good to me. Very nice image.

@ Sokagirl, That is great ! It looks so real ! I mean I know it's a real bottle, but it looks like the label was put on at the brewery.

@ Flip, Really nice image. The water reflection is very nice. The sky looks a little grainy in the upper left corner. Maybe if it were darker it would not be as noticeable.

I usually don't do photo mods, maybe four this year, but I wanted to try Yellowman's splinter technique on photos and I chose this little hummingbird. This is with his splinter effect, xor blending mode, and a zoom blur behind the little bird. The second two thumbs are two others I did using variations of his technique.

GlowingHummingbird.jpg

th_FinchesOnGuitarSplinter.png th_OwlSplinter.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Roadkill the bird is wonderful, Hutton fun weird I like it, Aislin bubbles are great.

I took this picture yesterday. What an amazing sight to see, such a big snowman. Those arms are made of trees and he has lights at night.

snowman4sz.png

A little ink sketch, pastel and some layering it was a fun picture to work with.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE