Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

david.atwell

Nice pic Juraiko, I wish my camera had such high quality capabilities :P

Nice and sharp, I like the color and hue variations

Here's a wallpaper I made from a set of pics I took looking out from my front yard a while ago:

FrontYardcustomPanoramiceditpdn1-1.jpg

^Click for bigger version^

Taken with a Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd = reason for horrible noise (no tripod). Initial panoramic stitching done in Ptgui, fake exposures in Adobe Photoshop CS3, HDR processing in Photomatix, and final processing in Paint.NET.

If you would like to see the original frames, composite, or simply the full sized HD versions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Feel free to leave comments and use for private use.

EDIT: Seriously? A week with no replies? Man, my photo must be really good :|

:P

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

• 2 weeks later...

Yay someone responded (and it only took 2 weeks :P )

That's awesome Starkut - looks like you made good use of the negation or difference blend modes - I would try to add some highlights as well as differentiating the right and left sides (it's too apparent it's the same image flipped)

Oh, and cool new avatar by the way - I thought it was a forum glitch at first :)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Sarkut -Garden? It looks more like a jungle. And I love it, its got a very children's book feel to it its really nice. What were the images that you used?

@ 007 Nab - I PM'd you so it must be good :) .

cowxm.th.jpg

Here's a photo that I took towards the end of the Mt Barney trip I took with my father. I was on top of that mountain in the morning, and it was about 2 - 3pm when I took the photo, and the cows were all over the track. The bush is a lot less green and the grass is a lot less orange. and the mountain is blurred to make it look taller. I'm proud of myself for using some photography rules after spending 8 hours walking. :D

Looks like you got lazy with the mask there LJXD :P

Try to get the blurring closer to the main tree, and farther from the tree to the left.

Otherwise awesome job man, very nice picture. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while didn't visit this thread.

@007 Nab, your photo manipulation is awesome, I like the panoramic view, how many photos did you use to make it? Excellent work.

@Sarkut, that is nice vegetation texture :) I can see some hidden animals and faces in it.

@LJXD, and this is nice also, I hope if you guys could link also the sources ( photos) that you used to create your image, so we could figure out how much work and what tricks you made for you final image to be like that, good job.

Here in my image there is no real photo been used to make it, all sources I made them myself:

Warning: the full size is 800 KB

spacescape500.gif

I used these 4 images to create the top one in PDN:

This made with PDN:

th_planet-2.jpg

This made with Google SketchUp:

th_GSbuilding.jpg

And these two rendered with Terragen:

th_terra1.jpg th_terra2.jpg

Wow very nice job. Nice use of the terragen renders. If I may point out a problem, the ground is awfully well lit to be floating is space, to a point where it takes a while to realise the building is on a planet. Also the horizon (?) or the bit where the space meets the ground is a bit sharp and looks unrealistic, mabye a bit of blurring would do it good.

All up I think it looks really great and the building looks superbly designed and very futuristic. Oh and in response to this

I hope if you guys could link also the sources
I just want to clear up that I took the photo myself as it says in my post :D

Good well awesome done! (?) :D

Yellowman, my resources are zipped up here (30+meg download warning) (yes I'm making you view my gallery post in the process :P )

They're all original, like LJXD's.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I wasn't quite sure if it was you or not :P

So, have you been continuing to use PDN, or have you been up to other stuff?

What kind of equipment did you use for that original shot?

Have you thought about using some kind of reflector on the right side? (I realize it's supposed to be harsh lighting, but I think it could still look good with some of the right visible)

Did you just get a big lamp, or was it a flash? That must have been a pretty low exposure to get that kind of sharpness on the water - what kind of camera did you use?

[/lots of questions]

I use PDN every once in awhile, I be using it to design my business card here in a few weeks.

I shoot with a Nikon D40 and I had two flashes for the shot, one camera left in a reflective umbrella close to my friend and the other was camera right further off behind him to give separation from the background and help freeze the water. It was just a spur of the moment shoot so I didnt work too hard on getting the light perfect.

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

• 2 weeks later...
Just changed the colours and got rid of the backround. Im sorry i cant post the original pic, i pressed delete by mistake so i dont have it anymore

pom23.jpg

I definitely like the picture and the tree, but I'm not feelin' the field. It kinda feels like the color was just plastered on, since the field's redness doesn't really go on to the entirety of the field. It doesn't really...seem right IMO. Good job though. :D

Here are my latest edits...I only like the Taylor Swift one TBH tho. :D

Taylor_Swift_Edit_by_Artiiste.png

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/ ... tiiste.png

Chris_Brown_Edit_by_Artiiste.png

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/ ... tiiste.png

Kanye_West_Edit_by_Artiiste.png

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2009/ ... tiiste.png

Me_Signature_by_Artiiste.png

Lego's deviantART.

La De Da...