Image Umbrella: Interfaces

david.atwell

• 3 weeks later...

I love it Sozo, but instead of taking the icons from a screenshot since it looks like there are edges on the icons use the ones from the forum like the smilies. :EllipseTool: <-- Perfect cut :D

(Just some advice don't have to take it >.<)

swsig2.png

Gamertag 360: xX 8 Balll (Three L's)

Free Web Hosting

Wow that is really nice, i'd love to see that inside one day

Thanks. :)

...it looks like there are edges on the icons...

I just outlined them to make them a bit clearer. I hadn't thought about using the ones from the forum though...

...it looks like there are edges on the icons...

I just outlined them to make them a bit clearer. I hadn't thought about using the ones from the forum though...

Don't even use the ones from the forum, use the ones found in the src. Perfect cut outs ;)

signature.png

• 2 weeks later...

@Sozo: I dunno if I'd want that color in Paint.NET. Maybe if there were some different color schemes, it would be kinda cool.

What would be cool would be to combine all windows (tools, colors, layers, history) into one window that makes it look good. That would be awesome.

NEW INTERFACE PIC

I got bored in PdN and made part of the slider part from the iPhone and iPod touch UI. I think it looks pretty cool. I know it's missing some stuff, but it would be cool to attach this to the bottom of Olli's PdN touch or something.

animation.png

drew-10.png

I'd move the color wheel 2 or 3 px to the left in that case, otherwise people might accidentally click on a color instead of the nub.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I got bored in PdN and made part of the slider part from the iPhone and iPod touch UI. I think it looks pretty cool. I know it's missing some stuff, but it would be cool to attach this to the bottom of Olli's PdN touch or something.

animation.png

drew-10.png

• 2 weeks later...
I know it's missing some stuff, but it would be cool to attach this to the bottom of Olli's PdN touch or something.

It's nice and clean, the way an interface for a small device should be.

Here are some screen captures of the same page of my website. Each one is shows a different skin via a user-selected style. These are all live and you can check them out in greater detail at my site (but why would you want to?). Note: the default style was done in PSP, although some of the images have been edited in PDN.

sct_Computer.png

sct_Nature.png

sct_ArtDeco.png

sct_PinkFlowers.png

sct_Apocalypse.png

signature_SW.png

Do not click the picture above. It will take you to my site, and I don't need the anxiety.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I wish to implement as the log on screen in the Operating System I'm designing.

hloginblue.png

First is the unique Username.

Then the real name.

Standard User, Administrator User and custom user groups.

Password protected or not.

Parental Control restriction (this user is allowed, otherwise you would see restricted, and a time they could log on.)

The user should be able to return to the previous menu and select another user (if there are multiple) but in this case there is only one user, so this is what you see after booting.

Feedback Greatly Appreciated.

How about (instead of a return button) you have pictures on the left of the current user selected so it's one click away from changing. Have the accounts that are not in use smaller than the current one until an unactive-account is clicked on, then they rearrange so that the account that was clicked on is now the account in focus. Like this:

7b8e896b.png

If there was more than 3 accounts I think fading the outside (smiley face) account would indicate that there are more accounts (scroll to go through them). Then when there's more accounts to the right fade the (non-active) account that's closest to the right. If both sides have accounts on the outside have both sides faded.

Is this actually going to made into an OS or are you just making a few pictures?

Your idea is nice... I'll see about it.

Anyway, I am creating an OS, but it'll be really hard to implement this, considering the low flexibility of it. (There is a GUI, API's, executable format, bootloader, installer... but it will take a LOT of work to implement that. Oh, by the way, I'm not allowing sneak-peeks of it! :P ) View my Gallery for the proposed GUI. Of course it doesn't look like that as yet, it more looks like Windows 95.

All my Center based Effect GUI Ideas. You can click on them to make them full size.

Idea1

th_7be7b8e8.png

Idea2

th_fa299245.png

This idea (and idea3) would have this in the statusbar

c3d1e77a.png

Idea3

th_7e9b10f5.png

Idea1 was to make the sliders positioned more logically. Notice the Horizontal increase/decrease arrows are flipped 90degrees making it easier to know which way it's going to move. I've put that on all three of them.

Idea2 and Idea3 remove the sliders but retain the functionality of them, look at the status bar and you'll understand.

Personally I like 1 and 3 the best. Idea1 because of the naturalness of it. It does what you think would work like if you knew nothing whatsoever (or very little) about computers. And I like Idea3 because it allows greater accuracy and is still sort of natural (though not as simplistic as Idea1 (because you'd have to hold buttons instead of move sliders)). What do you guys think?

@j2k: That's hawt.

@jerkfight: Looks nice, but a little to rounded to me. Maybe that's the look you were going for...

---

Two interfaces of my own, one of Google, and the other Paint.NET. (Both for the Monthly Skinning Competition.)

th_google-mock.png th_blue-aura.png

Also can be viewed in my gallery.

o wow i like both of those they look awsome and i love the pdn one i like that it has less clutter of toolbars and that its stored niceley at the top :D

Wooow, i like your paint.net interface, may i download it or what should i do to get the same look

Sig.jpg

Here's a web interface i designed for my school club.

I'm still not quite happy with it though, there's this feeling that something's not right, so i thought i should get more ideas & suggestions on how to make it look better.

Hope you guys can help :D

Interact_Club_v3_by_graffyty.jpg

Click for a larger view and more details.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

iSEARCH - the next gen search engine

iSEARCH.png

I had nothing to do :lol:

im not done yet.. don't know if i should work more on it, what do you think? (:

FireejiZer.png

Simplicity ftw!