Image Umbrella: Interfaces

david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Interfaces

Post websites, programs, and other computer items you've created or edited here!

Things to keep in mind:

- Try not to post your image right after another user's. Allow some time for people to reply (or give an opinion yourself!)

- Utilize constructive criticism. Being mean is not welcome or tolerated.

- Try for criticism that's more helpful than "looks good" - say why. Say what works, say what can be improved. It'll make everyone's skills better (including yours)!

- By the same token, keep the rules in mind. They will be enforced here just as much as anywhere else.

- Skins are allowed, but please note what program or site you've skinned. We don't want any copyright problems.

Now, show those programmers who's boss!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 1 month later...

Post websites, programs, and other computer items you've created or edited here

would my avatar count?

also nice pic sab is there a gif one as well?

recently converted from photoshop

punoutofboundsnorm12.png

Logon Screen Reskin

Logon_Screen_Reskin_by_sabrown100.png

IMO, i think the overal combination is hard to see, due to the lack of text/background contrast.

It's a computer item, and I had to create the inteface from scratch...

The_zPhone_preview_by_usedHONDA.jpg

Overall, what you see in that picture isn't too difficult, but the text styling was an absolute pain! If i have to duplicate a text layer one more time tonight, my head will certainly leak fluids and my spleen will emit CO2.

The wallpaper is mine and the Zune picture is from Microsoft's website. Oh, and the UI is inspired by the Zune's, but because I'm not legal to install and use the font Zegoe Light, I used Geosans Light.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

A zune 80 template:

zune80templatete1.png

Click the pic to download the template (.pdn)

EDIT: wow what are the odds of two zune related posts haha

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

@jerkfight the idea is cool, but the shape of the phone doesnt llok right to me. Its to wide, and the bottom curves to much, the bottoms of most phones either have a slight curve or there flat. look above at the phones i just posted, i think you know what im saying.

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

@jerkfight the idea is cool, but the shape of the phone doesnt llok right to me. Its to wide, and the bottom curves to much, the bottoms of most phones either have a slight curve or there flat. look above at the phones i just posted, i think you know what im saying.

I agree, i might make a new phone concept in the future and i forgot to add my opinion about yours.

Your 2 phones are nice but due to the free hand... it looks a little sloppy, but overall good work

omExTE6.png

I agree, i might make a new phone concept in the future and i forgot to add my opinion about yours.

Your 2 phones are nice but due to the free hand... it looks a little sloppy, but overall good work

'Thanks for the comment. Yeah unfortuantly i free hand most my art, therefore it always looks a little rough, but iono of any way around it. I could AA the lines, but then its a pain the color, for this project i was happy with it :P

japannese.jpg

@j2k: That's hawt.

@jerkfight: Looks nice, but a little to rounded to me. Maybe that's the look you were going for...

---

Two interfaces of my own, one of Google, and the other Paint.NET. (Both for the Monthly Skinning Competition.)

th_google-mock.png th_blue-aura.png

Also can be viewed in my gallery.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

@j2k: That's hawt.

@jerkfight: Looks nice, but a little to rounded to me. Maybe that's the look you were going for...

---

Two interfaces of my own, one of Google, and the other Paint.NET. (Both for the Monthly Skinning Competition.)

th_google-mock.png th_blue-aura.png

Also can be viewed in my gallery.

o wow i like both of those they look awsome and i love the pdn one i like that it has less clutter of toolbars and that its stored niceley at the top :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

I'm working on template for my band website, I'm having a hard time coming up with one that I really, really like. Here are a couple I drew up, Let me know what you think!

th_layout11134.jpg

th_webtemp3.gif

th_templateweb.gif

th_webtemp4Flat.gif

They all need touch ups. But for the most part there done. Feed back please :P, also please tell me which one you like the best :P.

any comments?

any comments?

please? lol

japannese.jpg

Well here's a couple Layouts I made for my web page.

Home Page

Final.gif

Photos

PhotoTemp.jpg

Discography

Discographypdn.gif

*Note I left out the content, just posted the layouts.

Let me know what you think. I decided to make the home page different from the others, im not sure if that was a good idea or not.

japannese.jpg

Hmm, I'm not really liking the navbar and footer on the homepage. They look kinda ... cheap to me. :|

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Hmm, I'm not really liking the navbar and footer on the homepage. They look kinda ... cheap to me. :|

Do you think i should make the home page look more like the other two pages?

japannese.jpg

Yeah, I think that would look better. A more consistent feel.

I also suggest using a horizontal navbar under your banner, instead of the vertical navbar on the side. But that's just my opinion.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Yeah, I think that would look better. A more consistent feel.

I also suggest using a horizontal navbar under your banner, instead of the vertical navbar on the side. But that's just my opinion.

thanks for the advice expiration, i was debating between the two. Ill try it out and see how it looks. I was thinking of just doing drop downs on all the other pages so it didnt take so much room, but well see.

THanks

Kevin

japannese.jpg

Well....still working on the band page...lol, i have it basically up and running, but for some reason i still wasnt quite happy with the layout of the site, i felt like it restricted the amount of material i could put on the page. I made some major changes to the layout of the page, here's where i am so far, leme know what you think, I'd love to get some feed back, everything is 100% PDN.

LayoutPerfected-1.gif

edit: the banners at the bottom of the page are 100% pdn, i used a stock photo, and rendered it beyond beleif for the tiger head, the background etc was all me :P, anyways i was really happy with these banners :P

japannese.jpg

here's another web template, would love some feed back on this one! this one's a business page for one of my clients, the color scheme etc. will most likely change.

Bussiness3.gif

enjoy!

-Kevin

edit: i no the text is misaligned ill fix it later :P.

Also sorry bout the doulbe, wow i mean tripple post. Its been like a week lol.

japannese.jpg

• [*:2ljghpkh]I don't really like the background.
    [*:2ljghpkh]The three-point gradient looks a bit unprofessional to me.
    [*:2ljghpkh]I think the white part joined to the header image should be part of the header image rather than white.

KaHuc.png