Image Umbrella: Desktop Art

david.atwell

I agree with Nab, the third one is my favorite, but I also like the second one. I'm not so sure about the flower on the first one, though. Everything looks good. 8)

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

@Rocknroll: It's nice, but a little simple for my tastes. Also, the thing in the bottom right hand corner is a little blurry. Other than that, pretty good! :)

Well, I decided to attempt to make a wallpaper for the PSDTuts Audio Jungle Wallpaper Contest. It's going pretty well so far, but I'm not sure if it's done yet. So, I turn to my trusty advisors: the people of the PDN Forums. :) Now, the file size was >1MB, and the image host I used has horrible thumbnails, so I'll just post a text link.

Click here!

I used three stocks, which can be found here, here, and here.

If you want to see the other submissions, go here.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

:D I really like it, -Expiration-! The one thing you might want to watch out for would be the way the jaguar's ear might be folded if you did manage to get headphones on a jaguar. :D

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

Really nice -Expiration-!! It seems as if the jaguar is walking towards you :lol:.

Yes, it was an awesome shot to begin with, made working with it a lot easier. :)

The way you closed the jaguar's eyes (yes i did notice that :)) really clever.

Thanks. I had to look at another image to see what it would look like with his/her eyes closed, because my previous attempts had failed. :P

Excellent work, but needs a bit more foliage.

I was thinking about putting more in the upper right hand corner, just to make it look like the light was shining through the foliage. And maybe some more around the bottom too.

:D I really like it, -Expiration-! The one thing you might want to watch out for would be the way the jaguar's ear might be folded if you did manage to get headphones on a jaguar. :D

Yeah, I know. I'm satisfied with the right ear (our right), but not the left ear. However, that would take serious editing of the jaguar, something I'm not sure I'm ready for.

On a separate note, do you think the wallpaper is too dark? I was trying to go for deep, mysterious jungle type setting.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

its Not exacly all Pdn its part photoshop but here u go :D

hpwall3hh2.th.jpg <----- click for full image

I don't know what to say about this one because I don't know what you did in PDN and what you did in PS. :|

heres another one sorry if i broke any rules im new

[image]

Looks very nice, simple and modern, but I think this would more appropriately belong under "Interfaces." I think.

My turn! :)

So, I took you people's advice, and tried to improve my wallpaper. I added more foliage in the background, while making the light source better. I tried to fix the headphone/ear thingy, but I couldn't. :(

I also connected the headphones to the AJ Logo with a wire, so it's kinda like a mp3 player. :P

Tell me what you think!

Clicky!

The stock for the foliage is here.

Please, I need constructive criticism. Lots of it.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Its nearly there as an excellent wallpaper, its only very good now. 8)

This is only because the huge space on the left is really empty and plain, compared to the other entries. Something needs to fill that gap. Once the right thing is put there, it'll be worthy of entering! Good luck!

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

I think I'll just add some minor decorative details on the left ...

But I also left that space empty because I was positioning the jaguar based on the Rule of Thirds.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png