Image Umbrella: Desktop Art

david.atwell

It's my current desktop background. I'm not reposting the description, really cannot be bothered at the moment (how lazy of me).

Yeah, highlight, copy, paste is much harder than typing out that entire sentence ... I think the word you were looking for was egotistic or pretentious. :roll:

Gallery at PDN-Fans

http://www.deviantart.com/download/291633812/simple_bliss_by_agentbunni-d4tmq38.png

Just a simple-looking abstract art I decided to throw together...

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 3 weeks later...

Uploaded this pic onto advanced critique, but haven't had a response yet, so i thought i might aswell show it up here :)

@PDNnoob - Loving the mixture of circles, im going to try that, some really big circles mixed with small ones works really well, and did you use the xor layer blend to get the circles at the point were the triangles meet? Works really well, definatly a possible wallpaper

106d5dk.jpg

• Upvote 1

eOdUjVm.jpg

Glad you brought it over here! I didn't have anything significant enough for advanced critique :P

The background is very well done. It does a terrific job of focusing the viewer's attention towards the main subject. The one problem I have is the text...it is quite difficult to read if one didn't know what it said beforehand.

(about comment on my pic) Thanks :D Most of it was actually really simple to make (the curves across the middle were the hardest part). All the circles were made either with the ellipse tool or random shape generator plugin. The circles you are talking about were done with a combination of the ellipse tool (on empty outline mode), blurs, and frosted glass and a layer opacity adjustment.

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, here's my attempt on making a cool wallpaper for a Gaming Community I've been working on lately. In my opinion the outcome is prety cool, but I'd like to hear some real feedback from you guys!!!

PNGCD.png

I'm thinking of further working on this one and adding some diamond shards in which reflections of screenshots of the games we're playing are to be seen, I'm thinking of a nice way to do that, to add some depth with that too.

Edited by chimay12321
  • Upvote 1
ParaduxSig_zps7c40fba5.png

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum MLeclerc,

Your Desktop image is very nice, all the textures on the planets are excellent, also the shapes, colors and the atmospheres are great too,

I think the angle of the highlighted parts which are facing the sun should be 180 degrees because the light is coming exactly from the left side (sun)

In my opinion the background is so simple, maybe it needs some larger stars grouped here and there leaving some empty dark spaces in between, and also some nebulae or galaxies.....

Those are just ideas, I know it is not easy to create a space image but you really did a great work on this.

MLeclerc - very nice work. I love the lines & the almost pastel peacefulness.

klyek397 - wow! I really love the textures of the planets. Really nice!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i think you got us backwards barbieq25

Ooops! Sorry :D

Nice work Daniels. Clean & simple with a nice reflection. Good font choice too. Hope we see much more from you :)

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Spartan, a very nice outcome. 

Daniels, that is a real fun image that makes me happy just looking at it. Love the way you have put all of the elements together. Just one suggestion: work with a canvas that is at least twice the size of the finished product so that on round & angled lines, your image will not be as jaggy. I work on at least 2x larger & I can Gaussian Blur to make it look smoother. 

I really like the text. Great use of a technique tute :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 4 months later...

Really nice image p0th3ad! It's a little large for the forum - I've edited it to be a clickable thumbnail.

Very nice outcome p0th3ad. I really like the way you used colour & lines on here. Please note that the rules for the pictorium state: Preview images must be smaller than 800 x 600 pixels. Hope to see more from you.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012