Image Umbrella: Desktop Art

david.atwell

I seem to remember a "Post your desktop here!" thread somewhere in the Overflow ...

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Wow, every nice. I really like the Zune icon. Made from scratch? Very good.

Also, that space one is really cool CommanderSozo.

Here's my latest: (Click for fullsize - 1280x768)

th_impressive.jpg

My first spacescapes following wither's tutorial.

th_Universe.jpg

th_Universe2.jpg

This is my current desktop. I know a lot of people have made space images so I wanted to be a little different and add a bit more. I'm still fairly new at this program but I love community and the tutorials are very nice. Please comment and thanks in advance:

battlefieldspace1ul7.th.jpg

Well, I've finally made something I like enough to post. I've played around with some of the tutorials before, but this is the first time I've tried to combine them into an image I might use.

nightscape_final_800.jpg

Full size:

http://www.dragon-above.com/images/nightscape_final.jpg

The horseman and airship come from these images:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/roe_gallery/88228.jpg

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/eb_gallery/82108.jpg

The rest is 100% PdN.

Thanks in advance for any comments. Since I'm new to this, any tips you could give me for improving the image would be great :)

That's a really good planet!

Can't wait to see more! :D

wallpapersignaturezs5.png

Firefox is the best! So is Relient K!

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Bye Paint.NET!

Very nice andROLL! Glad to be an inspiration. 8)

Speaking of that picture...I recently tried to recreate it for my new 1680x1050 laptop...perhaps I'll post it sometime. :)

I am quite new to Paint.NET, and I am still figuring it out (this is my first post here!). I was just playing around with clouds, ink illustration, and swirls--this is my current desktop image:

2395428984_93cb677ace.jpg

My first serious work! Wanted to have a new style for my own desktop - not one of this boring landscape and self-shot-family-pictures, which everybody has! Original is about 1280 x 1024, per mail on demand!

inthedistancesmall.jpg

matzehsv.jpg

Hey - that's really good! You blended the face and the background really nicely together -- really great job on that wallpaper!

Here's mine: (Click for full version)

desktopmediumnr3.th.png

(almost actual screenshot*) 1280x1024

nabdesktopnoiconsmediumds9.png

(no icons) 1280x1024

*The taskbar, in case you're wondering, is actually blue, I just made it white because it goes better with the background. (I wish it were white :cry::lol: )

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Dude why not get the Uxtheme Multi-patcher and install some new visual styles, I know there are some nice white ones on DeviantArt.

The best thing about this is its not a program that takes up your computers resources, I've been using the patch for awhile now ;)

Here's my desktop right as it is now:

screenyvf0.th.png

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

[offtopic]Ooh -- Freeware

Do you know of any programs that let you create your own?

Problem: It says "Windows NT Setup Files Detected..." error message, doesn't let me open app... Is it because I messed with the start button?[/offtopic]

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

It could be, change it back to stock and try again. And btw it's not a program:

"Uxtheme Multi-patcher will allow you to use any 3rd party msstyle theme on Windows XP/SP1/SP2 or Windows Server 2003 (with Themes enabled) just by patching the uxtheme.dll (dynamic link library)."

And yes there is a program that lets you make your own visual styles, its called ResHacker but it would be kinda difficult to create a vs from scratch so you should probably open an existing one and just modify that ;)

Here's something I'm working on... it could be used as a desktop (which I probably will when I'm done.) or could be for a CD cover.. don't ask :P

It's not done yet, and I need some advice.. just anything.. what else should I do with it, what shouldn't I do with it that's already done etc. The space at the bottom is for more text.. so that's gotta stay empty. Any advice with colors or anything?

Oh, and the starscape is just a sample for now, I'm going to make a little cooler one later.. My main focus is the big planet eating ship thingy.

THanks a ton, here it is:

doomsdayxi7.png

you could throw a couple of ships flying around or maybe even make it look like Earth is defending itself with their own ships... maybe :D

EDIT: Little icon I threw together:

cautionsmilyga0.png