Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

@prismichelix like the borders boltbait.smile.png

Some of my new ones, have ditched renders and c4ds for 100% PDN ones.

minnersnew1.png

blackandwhite.png

minspacey.png

sony2.png

minrocket.png

Edited by minners71

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an avatar and a bunch of sig that I made a while ago...

A small avatar that I made for another forum:

shizuoavatar.jpg

A bunch of sigs that I created a while ago:

kathysignature.jpg

highwizardsig.jpg

Bad signatures are bad. To be honest I didn't know what was I doing when I was making these things, I just messed around and this is what I came up with, and if I wanted to recreate the same image after a week or two passed by I partially forgot how to make them. Is it the same for you guys?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

tophatoncube.png

I know this pic leaves a lot to be desired, but I'm just amazed at how fantastic this programme is! It's been sitting on my PC for quite a while now, and though I briefly opened it a while back, I never really looked at what potential it has with all the effect plug-ins etc.. I run quite a few websites and blogs for myself and friends, and so need a fair few logos, avatars and pics to use here and there. The one above is something I put together for a friend of my son who is a budding magician, and will be used in one of his first posts.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks, and to let you know I will be telling just about everyone and anybody about this software. Absolutely fantastic!

:)

John.

Such a lovely idea. Welcome to the wonderful world of PDN!

Prismic - love the sig esp the borders!

Minners - the fish one is fabulous & my fave of them all.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

OOOPS! So they are! I have been doing fish images for a while & I have them on the brain.

I can see how they look like both. But I'm running on sleep deprivation... so if someone said they looked like candy canes, I would probably see candy canes as well lol.

But they are pretty epic. Love em :)

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=5558

• 5 weeks later...

Nifty NN. Love the feeling of underwater observation platform like the aquariums have. Feeling nothing, thats what it looks like to me. Hope that was the idea.

I wanted to change the "mountains" backdrop of old, but still retain the blue colours and of course the logo we all recognise. I used the "Apply Texture plugin" on the text to liven up the otherwise static text by adding a cropped verson of the PdN logo.

The feeling for me is tranquilitly, bliss and relaxation, just the kind of feeling I have when I sit at my PC and try to create something on PdN. I am sure others see differently, but the feeling of nothing was not how I perceived it. :)

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

Argh I wish you hadn't pointed that out ... now all I can see is it off skew. =O

It's an easy fix though if you want it to match up at least. Only problem I've had with that darn thing is I tend to have to clean up jaggies in my trials ...

Edited by delpart

Gallery at PDN-Fans

Nice to see some of your work at last NN79 very impressive :) one little critique the paint.net.4.0 doesn't follow the perspective of the wall, try the Perspective plug in part of DPY's pack.

It's not actually following the wall as such, it's following the darker part of the water, I did try with the perspective plugin but the 4.0 became hard to read so I ended up using rotate/zoom. :)

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

That's what I saw at first. But not that somebody said Blue Elephant, that's all I can see ... Optical illusions are strange like that. Like that spinning girl that takes like 20 minutes to reverse for me ...

Gallery at PDN-Fans

That's what I saw at first. But not that somebody said Blue Elephant, that's all I can see ...

I don't see a blue elephant here, I am sorry if my "work" gives illusions of that. I just try to do the best I can do. I am not as pro as others on here sadly.

ZXCBOoZ.png

OMG. ... Okay, first I'll insert the smiley here: :lol::DB) To better illustrate that it wasn't a criticism intended at all. OMGoodnees no ... I was just stuck on a perspective which can be turned on and off. I should also note that if I hadn't been doing this and that, lack of sleep, etc I would have ensured that my often dry humor was illustrated better.

ESPECIALLY since I'm ultra-noob ... I have an eye for this and that and some base experience but I'm far from being "teh pr0z" (rule violation to illustrate point) in any far reach of even my imagination.

I just fired up my nerve to post on the main forum as a new year's resolution and I'm mucking away it seems.

Sincere apologies for any misunderstanding. I've just not gotten to point of commenting on all the great work I've seen you (and many others too folks) plug into the forum. Whether it be text or pictorial, there is layers to being an interactive human in a digital world. You're far surpassing most in your wish to communicate, help, and share ... So please dont let a silly old geek like me dissuade or discourage you.

And if that was somehow dry humor as a passive retort, point taken. I know my limitations. I just forget them sometimes when it comes to communicating in the worlds worst forum: Internet Text in an International Crowd base. 'Cause to be fair, we really dont all speak the same language. I think in flow charts and wiring diagrams a lot ... process analysis and technical writing ... but sometimes I like to wear funny hats. B)

I hope this was enough public falling on of a sword to illustrate I had no intention of slight towards your work and efforts. My first post stands. I love the feel of it and it elicited a sincere need to say something about that impression left upon me. The rest is just locker room banter for all that.

Humbly,

Gallery at PDN-Fans

logo-crop.jpg

NN, you know how often I mess up on my work, you've seen my "Gallery", so don't take this stuff too deeply to heart.

That having been said, I won't point what others already have. I love this piece. It's has a very tranquil feel to it - besides, blue is one of my favoritey (yes, I said "favoritey") colors!

Kudos to you!

NN, you know how often I mess up on my work, you've seen my "Gallery", so don't take this stuff too deeply to heart.

That having been said, I won't point what others already have. I love this piece. It's has a very tranquil feel to it - besides, blue is one of my favoritey (yes, I said "favoritey") colors!

Kudos to you!

When I saw that coin I "flipped"!. You were "mint" for this type of forum. I enjoy your work and your comments.

OMG. ... Okay, first I'll insert the smiley here: :lol::DB) To better illustrate that it wasn't a criticism intended at all. OMGoodnees no ... I was just stuck on a perspective which can be turned on and off. I should also note that if I hadn't been doing this and that, lack of sleep, etc I would have ensured that my often dry humor was illustrated better.

ESPECIALLY since I'm ultra-noob ... I have an eye for this and that and some base experience but I'm far from being "teh pr0z" (rule violation to illustrate point) in any far reach of even my imagination.

I just fired up my nerve to post on the main forum as a new year's resolution and I'm mucking away it seems.

Sincere apologies for any misunderstanding. I've just not gotten to point of commenting on all the great work I've seen you (and many others too folks) plug into the forum. Whether it be text or pictorial, there is layers to being an interactive human in a digital world. You're far surpassing most in your wish to communicate, help, and share ... So please dont let a silly old geek like me dissuade or discourage you.

And if that was somehow dry humor as a passive retort, point taken. I know my limitations. I just forget them sometimes when it comes to communicating in the worlds worst forum: Internet Text in an International Crowd base. 'Cause to be fair, we really dont all speak the same language. I think in flow charts and wiring diagrams a lot ... process analysis and technical writing ... but sometimes I like to wear funny hats. B)

I hope this was enough public falling on of a sword to illustrate I had no intention of slight towards your work and efforts. My first post stands. I love the feel of it and it elicited a sincere need to say something about that impression left upon me. The rest is just locker room banter for all that.

Humbly,

lol overly serious

same goes for that chick there

deviantART

sigs n stuff