Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

david.atwell

I agree. That picture has improved significantly. Looks much better ^^ I'm just being really picky now...could you move the fuse so that the end is connected in the center of the top of the bomb? If you were to put things in perspective, that would mean slightly higher and to the right of the center of the ellipse that makes up the top. Once again, huge improvements! Nice work!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 3 weeks later...

add new layer. Use pen at a large size and make a white dot in the middle of the image. use outline object plugin to give it a blue outline. Gaussian blur at around 10-20 pixels depending on the size of the dot.

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

add new layer. Use pen at a large size and make a white dot in the middle of the image. use outline object plugin to give it a blue outline. Gaussian blur at around 10-20 pixels depending on the size of the dot.

what about like little lightning around it and the light emitting from it?

lighting: draw jagged white lines with the pen tool, duplicate layer, blur both layers using gaussian blur. Amount depends on size of lines. Make the blur on the top layer less than the bottom. On the top layer, run glow (Effects-Photo-Glow) at default settings (if lighting is small, use smaller radius). Duplicate the bottom layer and reduce the brightness (adjustments, brightness and contrast) to -100, change color to blue using curves, and adjust the layer properties to your liking.

Light: Find Light rays plugin and use it with one color transparent and the other as white. Erase rays as needed. Go through the same steps as with lightning and make sure curves are EXACTLY the same. Use a radial gradient to make it fade out (transparency mode). Do it separately on the different layers, making the blue layer extend a bit farther than the white ones. If it fades too quickly, duplicate the layers until it looks right.

NOTE: all blue colors must be exactly the same or it won't look right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently took this photo at a beach in California, can anyone suggest any ways to improve it? I'll link. (It's a huge image)

http://fc00.devianta...by_KevoDevo.jpg

EDIT:

Messed around a bit and found a tutorial, made this:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/242/9/6/the_frozen_sunset_by_sylentlurker-d2xnwyb.png

Edited by ConfuzzledManiac
MXP3i.png

@ SedatedRaccoon: Well, there's a lot of ways you can go from there. Depends on what you want to make of it.

You could add more symbols or something and make something like in this tut: LINK

The four parts of the big circle makes me think you could fill each of those sections with something representing one of the four seasons. (Or you can fill the top two sections with red and the bottom two with white and then you'll have a pokéball ;) ) You could also add some texture outside the big circle, maybe something like this: LINK, but keep the smaller circles black inside.

It's up to you really, that's just some ideas. Good luck :)

@ ConfuzzledManiac: It depends what your aiming for; just doing some adjustments or more in the photo-retouch area. If you just want to make that picture look better you should try adjusting the levels, brightness/contrast and/or hue and saturation, all in the Adjustments menu in Paint.NET. You could also try cropping the image, in that case you might find this tut useful: LINK

To be honest I don't really like you edited image, the two images are not blended together very good, you can even see the horizon through the mountains (or the other way around...). If you want to combine those two photos you can spend some time cutting out the snowy mountains and working them into the sunset picture. That will require some work, both cutting them out and adjusting the colors and lightness to fit the sunset picture, to make it look good and realistic. Good luck :)

dragonseyesig.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Can someone be nice enough to help me with this picture. A friend is restoring the car below but wants to see different colour schemes I have managed to do all of them except a black body and red roof, how can I change those I have tried conditional hue and saturation but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks in advance.

abbdb01db4.jpg

Quite possibly showing my ignorance here as to the true nature of PDN ... IE - an image editor

Have you tried Colour Flip/ Rotate to get the roof black, then use Conditional Hue and Sat' to get the car red ?

Just a thought. Not sure if it'll work

*** Just tried that :|

Whilst it sort of works on the car, it totally alters the shadows and surroundings :| :|

Thanks for the reply, I tried colour flip/rotate but also had no joy. Can do anyother colour combo just not black body and red roof.

Edited by minners71

Can someone be nice enough to help me with this picture. A friend is restoring the car below but wants to see different colour schemes I have managed to do all of them except a black body and red roof, how can I change those I have tried conditional hue and saturation but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks in advance.

abbdb01db4.jpg

You have to cut out the parts into separated layers. It will allow you to change the colors by any way (curves, flip, etc) without changing the background.

You could search for some tutos for this:

You have to cut out the parts into separated layers. It will allow you to change the colors by any way (curves, flip, etc) without changing the background.

You could search for some tutos for this:

http://forums.getpai...-re-color-cars/

Yeah thought I might have to resort to cutting it out, but Barbieq came to the rescue and recoloured it for me. :) Thank for help guys and thank you Barbieq.

:P Yes, I did do it, mostly to see how. Whilst it seems easy enough, it is more than a 2 click job.

Madjik was right - the parts need to be separated & then coloured. The job I did was very rough. If I had to do this well, I'd be using Alpha Masking.

If ever you want to change colours, never start off with black & white. There is an explanation somewhere but suffice for you to remember that black & white are not colours & therefore cannot be changed. (Over simplistic I know.)

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 4 weeks later...

@miners, your picture is down/deleted, which you probably already know, so I can't say much :P I am curious what kind of car it is?

@ grayscale, wild image man. Did you make that or are you just editing it? Anyway, about the eyes; you could darken the white parts above them so they better match the rest of the gray in the picture. For the teeth, I don't know. I feel they don't really fit in with the rest of the style, but maybe that's what you're going for. They just don't have the "liquid flow" everything else does. I was trying to mess with the teeth but my pdn crashed and I lost the stuff I was working on :( Try lasso-ing the teeth and copying them to a new layer, then delete them on the original layer. Reselect them in the new layer with the magic wand and then delete. This should remove the whitest part and leave you a gray semi-outline of them. Then use the effects-distort-crystalize and see what you think.