Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

david.atwell

Tolerance? No, no, no. I used lasso select. It's hard, and takes a while, but that's the kinda time I have on my hands. And, come to think of it, Ash, that tutorial would work really well here. I forgot about it.

Ive been creating a lot of web templates lately, trying to get a portfolio going for web design.

Any ways, im stuck on this one. Im trying to create a page for a handy man. I created an animated logo for the header that i was happy with. But the layout im having trouble with. Below is what ive come up with, anyone have any suggestions? Im trying to give it a proffesional feel but at the same time not so cut and dry.

Thanks,

Kevin

Construction1.gif

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

My Bad Attempt:

handymanns7.png

hmmm, i like the background effect you have going, simple but it gives it a different feel.

Its to late for me to get into it, but tommorow ill see what i can do, i think you may have inspired me :P

Thanks

Kevin

japannese.jpg

Working on a new sig, Im having some trouble though, I want it to look like hockey pucks are flying at you, but i want it to work as well with the background, any advice?

Hockey.gif

japannese.jpg

Working on a new sig, Im having some trouble though, I want it to look like hockey pucks are flying at you, but i want it to work as well with the background, any advice?

th_Hockey.gif

Don't use such dark background.

hmmm, i was afraid someone would say that :P. What about if i made the pucks white or something that popped out? i really like this background. or even just lighten up the background.

japannese.jpg

th_Hockey.gif

hmmm, i was afraid someone would say that :P. What about if i made the pucks white or something that popped out? i really like this background. or even just lighten up the background.

You could try lighten up the pucks.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

You could try lighten up the pucks.

Hockey-1.gif

it still looks terrible, maybe i need to take a differnt approach to this concept...

japannese.jpg

hockeynewzi5.png

oOOOooo, i like where thats going sabrown, watd you do? shape 3d?

It still needs something, but looks really good, leme no how you achieved that, id love to play with it :P,

Thanks

Kevin

japannese.jpg

watd you do? shape 3d?

Ctrl-Shift-Z

haha wow, i didnt even think of that lol. Thanks sabrown. I think i might acutally turn this into a background instead of a sig.

japannese.jpg

Once again im here for help :P, I gotta be honest, when im just messing around with PDN and im not really into the particular drawing, ill just kinda finish it up and make it look alright. Then when i think of something i really want to draw or try and am really into it I might take weeks on it.

We had a small earth quake here today, and I decided to try to draw a cracked ground. I used this pic and some others to give me an idea. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/photogalleries/earthquake/images/primary/051011_earthquake1b.jpg

Now I'm having a hard time with this. Basically right now I've been trying to combine brushes and dents to create all the textures I need. I've come up with this. I'm not happy with it. But its a starting point. Does any one have any suggestions on how I can achieve this with PDN?

Crackedearth.gif

japannese.jpg