Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

david.atwell

The Image Hospital

Problems with your image? Get advice here!

Welcome to the Image Hospital!

We're here to help! Have you ever been stuck with an image? Have you been certain that something just wasn't quite right, but you couldn't put your finger on it? Well, this is the place to ask questions about it!

Things to keep in mind:

- The purpose of this thread is mostly just to help with aesthetics. If you're looking for technical help (that is, if you don't know how to do something) use search to try and find the answer to your question; or, if you can't find the answer to the question, post the question in this forum.

- Most of us aren't professionals, so keep in mind that our opinions aren't necessarily coming from an "expert." If you disagree, don't take it personally.

- Try not to post your image right after another user's. Allow some time for people to reply (or give an opinion yourself!)

- Utilize constructive criticism. Being mean is not welcome or tolerated.

- By the same token, keep the rules in mind. They will be enforced here just as much as anywhere else.

- Only one image per person per day. This is absolutely essential, or no one else will get a turn! :-) Be courteous to other users.

Anyway, good luck; and happy healing!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 1 month later...

wow david@well this is a brillant idea very helpfull but you should tell people the limitations

so you dont get noobs(like me:P)sending you every pic they have and asking what they can improve and whats missing and etc.

punisherjb

recently converted from photoshop

punoutofboundsnorm12.png

wow david@well this is a brillant idea very helpfull but you should tell people the limitations

so you dont get noobs(like me:P)sending you every pic they have and asking what they can improve and whats missing and etc.

There is a thread to post your concerns about the new pictorium. IMHO its best to keep this thread for actual image hospital patients.

KaHuc.png

sabrown100: you're right, mostly. But just to clarify: You can post anything you think has SERIOUS problems here. If the image isn't quite working, post it here. For more minor problems, post it in your personal gallery and ask for feedback there. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

jwsig.png

I started out with a cool idea, but now I'm not sure. It's just boring imo, and I can't get the lines smooth -_-

any suggestions? I may just start a new one

Pachuco, what about adding some shading to the face? It would make it less "boring" and darkening it a bit would help it blend with the rest of the piece.

jwsig.png

I started out with a cool idea, but now I'm not sure. It's just boring imo, and I can't get the lines smooth -_-

any suggestions? I may just start a new one

Looks fairly good actually. I would move the face over more to the left to lessen the empty (red) space. I like the way you integrated your name into the sig.

thank you for comments! I was actually trying to avoid shading, and keep it as simple as possible... As for the red part, that can be done easily enough :)

I don't think I'll use it as a sig, but it was fun to make

Color always helps. The depth is great this way, but you could tinge the clouds with blood red, to make them contrast with the fist, and make the almost invisible text stand out.

Hidden Content:
Color to make text blend with forum background is: #ECECEC for the light posts, and #DCE1E5 for the dark posts. You're welcome!

Im working on a sig, i found a cool stock of a viper and im trying to work with it, but im just not sure how i should use it. what i did looks terrible.... im stuck. I wanted kinda a dark color scheme for the background, then the car to be the main focal point.

CAR.png

edit:well..this is much better, but still not right...iono what it needs.

car1.png

edit: alright im gona edit this one more time, im not sure if im going down the right path, input please :P

car2.png

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

You don't want a thick border. Add some special things to the background layer, and make sure it looks like the viper is way in front of the background.

thanks for the advice, how can i make the viper look further in front?

japannese.jpg

I think he's saying that because it's a stock image, you want it to be clear that it's completely separate from the background.

In my opinion, that's a personal choice. You're doing a great job, and the red that was incorporated to the background is a nice touch, I think. Remember that you don't necessarily have to go with all red, Condidtional Hue/Sat is really useful for recoloring the car to whatever you want it to be. (I say this because if you have made a specific background already following a color scheme, you can adjust it, or the car, so that they look nice together)

You might also want to go with a bit more contrast in the background, color difference. Just to distinguish certain things, as to not make it appear boring (not that it is, right now)

Hope I helped, I personally think you're doing a great job with it,

Nab

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I think he's saying that because it's a stock image, you want it to be clear that it's completely separate from the background.

In my opinion, that's a personal choice. You're doing a great job, and the red that was incorporated to the background is a nice touch, I think. Remember that you don't necessarily have to go with all red, Condidtional Hue/Sat is really useful for recoloring the car to whatever you want it to be. (I say this because if you have made a specific background already following a color scheme, you can adjust it, or the car, so that they look nice together)

You might also want to go with a bit more contrast in the background, color difference. Just to distinguish certain things, as to not make it appear boring (not that it is, right now)

Hope I helped, I personally think you're doing a great job with it,

Nab

Thanks for the advice nab, i think illl try a couple things you said.

Thanks

Kevin

japannese.jpg

so I'm stumped drawing stairs not my strong point ...for some reason I just can't get my head around this.

I know I've to match bottom to top in perspective cross centres, but I keep ending up with the top of the bottom step too deep in order to get them steeper do I raise up the perspective line above eye level? widen side perspective? need to do 5 steps fairly steep. must start in same position as current bottom one in example below and end on platform just below the skull. and that's the next question how do I work that platform in at top? is it add another step above top one and erase out everything escept the top of that step?

sure hope that's clear.

perspectiveproblem.png

Oma,

This is just my opinion but...

The steps don't make too much sense.

Look at the bottom step.

Wouldn't it make more sense to place this step under the orange line?

Also, (again my personal opinion) the two lines that connect the steps need to be a little farther apart,

Just to give the picture a little more depth and the ladder the look as if it is a little more stable.

I hope you get what I mean, and that this answers your question.

(you were a little unclear.)

Sig2.png