How to Install Plugins ×

RawReader

Ivn

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I linked to an illegal plugin pack. That was never my intention.

However the plugin pack solved this particular problem. I have therefore isolated the plugin that decoded the RAW-files in question (CR2). It was the RAWFile.dll version 1.0.0.1

Again, I'm sorry, EER.

No problem boltbait.wink.png.

Thanks for supplying the details to the plugin that helped resolve the problem (which Sarkut has helpfully linked to above).

Please do take my recommendation (about downloading from this forum, or from links given by the author themself) seriously. It will save you no end of problems in the long run.

• 2 weeks later...

RAWFile.dll version 1.0.0.1 is available here:

http://forums.getpai...15611-raw-file/

Hi all,

Thanks for the hints, unfortunately I already tried this dll and it still didn't work.

HOWEVER: By accident I came across the "rawreader_bin_0.9.zip" file found at <snip>

This works for me. unfortunately all pictures are loaded with a changed white balance (do not know why, does anyone?). However, you can easily adjust this later on.

cheers,

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't seem to work correctly with the .nef files from my Nikon D5000. They get loaded really dark and with a green tint on the bits I can see. If you'd like, I can send you some of these D5000 .nef files for your testing purposes! If so, PM me where to send them.

Doesn't seem to work correctly with the .nef files from my Nikon D5000. They get loaded really dark and with a green tint on the bits I can see. If you'd like, I can send you some of these D5000 .nef files for your testing purposes! If so, PM me where to send them.

I get the same problem with my .cr2 files (canon 500d).

i'm using Paint.NET v3.5.5

Does anyone know of any other good plugins that i can use to open raw files with???

Try searching the Plugin Index for other RAW Readers. There are a few available and some seem to work in different situations.

.cr2 seems to be a particularly troublesome format. If you find a plugin that works please post the details.

• 11 months later...

anyone tried this and get it to work?

Well, yes! I just extracted this to the files folder - only have paint.net for an hour - and it was able to load DNG files made by my Pentax K-r. This was after installing another plug-in that gave me the same headache you have with this one. Sorry I can't say why it didn't work with your configuration, I have Win 7 64 bit.

• 5 months later...

See post #31. Trying the other RAW readers might just solve the problem.

• 1 year later...

You know after trying this plug-in I can't help but feel it's not anywhere good enough. 

The whole point of camera raw is the ability to digitally develop it afterwards, the most likely options to change are the temperature and the exposure

But much more can be done

I would suggest you look at ufraw if you do one or two raws or better yet Raw Therapee  (and this comes in 64bit version)

There are lots of knobs to twiddle in both of these programs but I think anyone of average intelligence and keen enough on photography to own a camera that shoots raw will soon learn the colour shifting possibilities there in

Save to PNG 16 and you get 48 bits of colour depth (16bits per R,G and B)

The plugin is five years old - so it's perhaps not surprising that it feels a bit ancient.

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:32 AM

Feel free to publish your own plugin to add the new functionality you desire.

• 10 months later...