Photo-Manip Discussion Thread (#4 VOTE)

jerkfight

What do you want as the next theme?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want as the next theme?

• Dogs into Dawgz.
    • Male makeover.
    • Ultimate bedroom.
    • Pimp My Ride.

I've got another suggestion, if anyone's interested - what about skinning a car?

There was a competition last year on deviantART - Skin a Scion

The details page is still available with download links to the cars you could use.

Also, take a look at some of the entries - including the winning one - to get an idea for the kind of manipulation I have in mind.

We could choose one of the stock images provided in the competition page, or choose a completely different car (but perhaps steer clear of BMW's - we don't want to upset anyone, if you know what I mean :lol: ).

I think it would be fun and challenging to do a 'Pimp my Ride' type of manipulation.

If we are going to stick with the model-makeover theme, how about this picture of Sophie Dahl?

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

If we are going to stick with the model-makeover theme, how about this picture of Sophie Dahl?

I clicked on that link and the following error came up:

You have attempted to visit a page that poses a security risk to Intel.

Information Technology (IT) blocks pages that use Social Engineering attempts to gain access to the Intel network.

I clicked on that link and the following error came up:

You have attempted to visit a page that poses a security risk to Intel.

Information Technology (IT) blocks pages that use Social Engineering attempts to gain access to the Intel network.

Here's the image...

th_SophieDahl.png

I've also updated the link in my previous post, just in case it does pose some sort of security threat.

PKRM.png

Wow! - Madjik you've really set the bar high for this competition, amazing work.

Agree'd Madjik has done a really good job

omExTE6.png

I do these contest because it is such great practice and a good way to learn. I want to say how wonderful I think everyone did on this one. So many were so creative. Voting will be tough.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

What better place for me to post my question but here.

Your dealing with layers right? Your first layer is set at 100 dpi, if there away for all other layers that are imported for their dpi's not to be changed? I am running into a problem as I am importing several layers & they all have different dpi's. Some of the imported ones look as those they are being down graded to 100 dpi as they will not print well.

Other imported files are set at 100 dpi with first layer set at 2-300, the imported ones of 100 dpi will not fit filling up the first layer as it should & appear to only cover first layer about half full.

Is there anything I can do to get everything to fit as it should...fill the first layer up, without stretching graphics with mouse? If I stretch or shrink graphics with mouse, pic prints blurry.

What better place for me to post my question but here.

Your dealing with layers right? Your first layer is set at 100 dpi, if there away for all other layers that are imported for their dpi's not to be changed? I am running into a problem as I am importing several layers & they all have different dpi's. Some of the imported ones look as those they are being down graded to 100 dpi as they will not print well.

Other imported files are set at 100 dpi with first layer set at 2-300, the imported ones of 100 dpi will not fit filling up the first layer as it should & appear to only cover first layer about half full.

Is there anything I can do to get everything to fit as it should...fill the first layer up, without stretching graphics with mouse? If I stretch or shrink graphics with mouse, pic prints blurry.

No, This is not the "Better place" to ask this question.

Don't derail other people's topic, it's rude.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

We could repeat a "change look" contest on a male subject. For example, given a whiskered man, the goal is to shave him.

As previously stated in the contest thread, I think we should use this thread to comment the entries and exchange ideas and suggestions.

For example, about MadJik's entry in last contest: I think that the best thing here is the makeup under the eyebrows. It is very realistic. How do you did it?

And about Ash's entry: it reminds me the picture I proposed as an example of use for the power stretch plugin:

MonaLisa.jpg

Did you use the same plugin? What else?

My entry in the makeover contest was quite simple (as well as aile's entry, that received many votes, too: simple and beautiful). I'll briefly explain how it was done, hoping that this can be interesting to someone.

First of all, I did a strong "reduce noise" on the original photo.

Then, selecting with the lazo tool the bottom lip and the chin, I opened the mouth with the power stretch plugin. I also used Hue/Saturation to adjust the color of the lips.

The eyelashes were emphasized with the antialias plugin in grow mode.

The teeths and the (light) skin and eyes makeup was done with paintbrush and gaussian blur.

The glasses and hairs are a simple line/curve work, with a bit of gaussian blur.

Bye

Pyjo.

or we could manipulate a dog! lol

sadDog.jpg

this for instance like change its color?

sig.jpg

~97% of teens won't stand up for Anything. Put this on your sig if you're one of the 3% who've fallen down trying.

Oh, and there's 3 types of people in this world...

Excuse me for bumping a previous post, but thought I'd put it out there again...

I've got another suggestion, if anyone's interested - what about skinning a car?

There was a competition last year on deviantART - Skin a Scion

The details page is still available with download links to the cars you could use.

Also, take a look at some of the entries - including the winning one - to get an idea for the kind of manipulation I have in mind.

We could choose one of the stock images provided in the competition page, or choose a completely different car (but perhaps steer clear of BMW's - we don't want to upset anyone, if you know what I mean :lol: ).

I think it would be fun and challenging to do a 'Pimp my Ride' type of manipulation.

PKRM.png

• 2 weeks later...