How to Install Plugins ×

Curtis' Plugin Pack (Update for 3.5.4)

Curtis

OK again I'll ask can I have individual dlls. as I don't need all of them in pkg form. :wink:

But is it really necessary to provide to different sets of the set? Doing so only creates an extra hassle for Curtis, as well as possible confusion of people who don't understand that DLL A does the exact same as DLL B + DLL C + DLL D.

Put it this way. Having all of them in one dll certainly does no harm to you. If you don't want to use the other plugin, so be it, but they'll be there in case you change your mind.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I didn't say it wasn't a problem, I said it's no longer a big problem. It was a big problem when it was the entire Effects menu spanning 3 screen-heights. This is very minor in comparison. Certainly not worth the hassle (in my opinion) of splitting apart a perfectly fine plugin package. Imagine asking Ed Harvey to do that. He'd just roll his eyes. Why should Curtis' package be any different? In fact, I'm probably going to be merging all my plugins soon, too, and if anyone request the separate versions, they will be rewarded with a footprint on their behind.

xZYt6wl.png

Uncluttering is good and all, I'm all for it.

BUT, not at the expense of plugin makers time and energy.

They don't charge us $$, and using their own free time to do this.

sabrown100, You should know.

Remember when you made custom brush.

All the whining & crying?

Anywayz, lets keep on topic.

Thanks.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

its just I don't want to have selective pallet, it drags my system to near slow melt. I see no point in that one at all. I can easily make a custom pallet if I need one as it comes already built in. why should we have duplication of things already there?

Selective palette is not just to build a palette. It makes your image fit within that palette by basically rounding every pixel in your image to the nearest color that is in the palette.

xZYt6wl.png

its just I don't want to have selective pallet, it drags my system to near slow melt. I see no point in that one at all. I can easily make a custom pallet if I need one as it comes already built in. why should we have duplication of things already there?

I thought custom palette did a different thing to allowing you to create a custom palette - I though it allowed you to select several colours into which the image would be transformed. Am I missing something?

KaHuc.png

I don't know? if that's the case I've never gotten it to work properly. and i can more than easily do that with most of the built in features under adjustment already.

edit ok so I just went back and re read that portion I really really need a step by step tut showing what that plugin can do and can't do. before and after shots would be nice. I think part of my problem is maybe I've loaded too many colors. tut with use of this would be nice.

thanks

its just I don't want to have selective pallet, it drags my system to near slow melt. I see no point in that one at all. I can easily make a custom pallet if I need one as it comes already built in. why should we have duplication of things already there? unless i'm totally missing the purpose of it.
It could only possibly do that if you have it open, it can't slow down your computer if you don't use it. Like pyro already said, its not specifically for making palette files, I just used that format for loading and saving to make it compatible with peoples existing palettes.
I don't know? if that's the case I've never gotten it to work properly. and i can more than easily do that with most of the built in features under adjustment already.

edit ok so I just went back and re read that portion I really really need a step by step tut showing what that plugin can do and can't do. before and after shots would be nice. I think part of my problem is maybe I've loaded too many colors. tut with use of this would be nice.

thanks

If you can get things done with other effects than by all means go ahead, but no other plugin that I know of does exactly what this does. Yes, too many colours is not a good idea, I have tested it with a couple hundred colours, even up to about 1000, before it starts going really slow, but having that many colours on the list defies its purpose as its there to minimise the amount of colours used in the image.

Anyway, I will add the fern plugin in the next update.

think its just me, i was totally trying to do something that the plug in wasn't made for. I had the wrong idea of what it was for. Must be a senior moment.

I certainly am not using it to the full potential

a wee short tut would be lovely.

ciao I'm off to bed now its midnight and I've had enough play time tonight.

big yawn and a stretch.

There's a bug on Fern Fractal, I press Ok I see it rendering and then it disappears :? :shock:

Same here, it made a cool looking fern before it disappeared. Thanks curtis.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE