How to Install Plugins ×

Curtis' Plugin Pack (Update for 3.5.4)

Curtis

Its a shame these plug ins don`t have their own separate dll file so we can pick and choose which one we want to install. I never use the Effects Lab and when I just did try it , it made PDN crash and I had to restart the program.

I used my bricks plug in through Effect Lab first but it would not render properly so I cancelled that and tried the Fire plug in and this is when I was forced to close PDN. I enjoy using the other effects but have no use for this one and I rarely use Displacement and Blur Maps or Channel Mask.

Unfortunately I can`t remove them without losing the others as well. Maybe a pack along the lines of Madjic, Boltbait or Pyro would be better.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Its a shame these plug ins don`t have their own separate dll file so we can pick and choose which one we want to install. I never use the Effects Lab and when I just did try it , it made PDN crash and I had to restart the program.

I used my bricks plug in through Effect Lab first but it would not render properly so I cancelled that and tried the Fire plug in and this is when I was forced to close PDN. I enjoy using the other effects but have no use for this one and I rarely use Displacement and Blur Maps or Channel Mask.

Unfortunately I can`t remove them without losing the others as well. Maybe a pack along the lines of Madjic, Boltbait or Pyro would be better.

This a million times. I've been wanting something like Selective Palette for ages, but I'm not interested in any of the others at all. I'd rather not have to install a dozen plugins if I'm only ever going to use one.

This a million times. I've been wanting something like Selective Palette for ages, but I'm not interested in any of the others at all. I'd rather not have to install a dozen plugins if I'm only ever going to use one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm excited to get my hands on this pack of plugins. Thanks, Curtis!

The reason I found this in my search is that I was looking for an easier way to get rounded corners. When I first installed it, it crashed when I tried to use rounded corners. Then I realized I was using only .NETframework 3.0, so I installed 3.5. I'm on Paint.net 3.36.

Now after finally getting .NET installed, I'm still having the crashes when I start to use the rounded corner utility. I've tried 4 or 5 of the other utilities in this plugin pack, and they all seem to work fine. Here is the error log:

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CurtisBlack.Effects.dll
     Name: CurtisBlack.Effects.EffectsLab.EffectsLab
     Version: 1.1
     Author: Curtis Black
     Copyright: Copyright ©  2008 Curtis Black
     Website: http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22521
     Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Object is currently in use elsewhere.
  at System.Drawing.Graphics.set_SmoothingMode(SmoothingMode value)
  at CurtisBlack.Effects.RoundedRectangle.RoundedRectangle.OnSetRenderInfo(PropertyBasedEffectConfigToken newToken, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at CurtisBlack.Effects.EffectsLab.EffectsLab.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderImpl()
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join()
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort()
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start()
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClassb.b__8(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I'm not a programmer, so I have no idea what could be going on. Does anyone have any suggestions that I can try?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He was on today. Which is why I'll post this request.

Your Selective Palette plugin is pretty awesome, but what would make it awesomer is for it to dither the results rather than just using a nearest to color. I've tried a combination of the Dither plugin from whoseits (sorry, I can't remember and I don't feel like looking it up) and this one, but none of the combos work nearly as well as the color reducing functionality I got to know and love in PSP.

Just a thought. Thanks!

signature_SW.png

Do not click the picture above. It will take you to my site, and I don't need the anxiety.

Yeah, sorry guys, haven't been on these forums all that much but I have made a couple of updates to my plugins a while ago that I haven't gotten around to posting yet.

what would make it awesomer is for it to dither the results rather than just using a nearest to color.

This is one of the updates that I've done, there are now 4 different dither methods to choose from as well as the ability to rearrange colours in the colour list (I'm pretty sure I've had requests for that) and you can now add predefined colour palettes, like for example 6 or 8 bit per pixel palettes.

but just so it is known Equations is broken on v3.5 alpha / beta builds of Paint.NET.

That's strange Mike, it's working fine for me on the 3.5 builds, what types of errors are you getting.

Anyway, I hopefully will be able to post an update some time in the next week or so.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I've made some updates to make my plugins compatible for v3.5, some bug fixes and Selective Palette has been updated with dithering modes. I haven't had a chance to look at the bug in Equations yet, if it's still there please let me know, any crash logs or error messages would be helpful.

New File>Effects>Collage and this happend

Archivo: C:\Archivos de programa\Paint.NET\Effects\CurtisBlack.Effects.dll
     Nombre: CurtisBlack.Effects.Collage.Collage
     Versión: 1.0
     Autor: Curtis Black
     Copyright: Copyright ©  2008 Curtis Black
     Sitio web: http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22521
     Mensaje de error completo: System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
  en CurtisBlack.Effects.Collage.CollageConfigDialog.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
  en System.ComponentModel.Component.Dispose()
  en PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) en D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:línea 890

1526240352_bbfa11b19e_o.gif

bmoadul1.jpg