How to Install Plugins ×

Curtis' Plugin Pack (Update for 3.5.4)

Curtis

Ok, so yesterday I was fiddling around with the CodeLab source code trying to build my own C# syntax coloured text box, and, well, I have nearly finished that and the results are pretty good, you can check it out here if your interested. It does still have some problems though, I bet if you look at that image long enough you'll find them.

code_lab_.png

So, Your thoughts?

I see the issues... ;)

But, I still like it.

I've been working on CodeLab again and would like to see your changes for possible inclusion in the next update.

Would you be willing to send me your code?

Well, I wrote it specifically for codelab (well, at least my own copy of it, I never expected you to put it in the official plugin), so yes, when I have finished a final version, I will send it to you to add in if you want. :)

A little update, the problem I spoke of before has been fixed (the colouring of numbers in variable if you didn't spot it) it now also detects all number formats, ints, doubles, hexs, along with numbers like 5.67e-8 and numbers with casts on the ends like 3.14f. It also now detects strings and chars, and at the time I posted that picture, it would flicker a bit when you type, thats now gone and for the most part, its nearly as good as the one in VS (even if I do say so myself :wink: ). I've also managed, to some extent to get an auto indent feature into it, but it's not perfect, so thats what I want to finish before I send it to you.

Just one last thing, multiline comments, like

/*
this is a comment
*/

do not work, and probably never will due to the fact that my colouring function formats each line separately so that it is only formatting the current line. I have tried to compensate a bit by colouring the start and end tags green to distinguish them from operators, but colouring whole comment blocks is currently beyond what my code is capable of.

But anyway, BoltBait, when I have a release version ready, you'll be the first to know. :)

That looks really good. If you two start collaborating on plugins, I'd better start watching out for my award :D

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Oooooh... Me likes... :shock:

Perhaps SharpDevelop's source code can help? (Since it's open source, you can even copy their code!)

Visual studio inside Paint.NET

Thanks, I will have to have a look at that later when I get the chance.

Anyway, I have updated the first post with my latest plugin pack, I have fixed and changed all my old plugins and added a new one. As always, if you find any bugs, have any feature suggestions or anything just let me know.

Would you be willing to add parametric equations to the equations thing?

xZYt6wl.png

Curtis, your new plugin is so helpful I cant even thankyou enough. I mean, honestly. Pyro, I think you might just lose your award and less you manage to create a great plugin.

signature.png

Misksmisk wiminkissk.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Both of you! *slap*

(Sorry for hijacking your thread, Curtis. It's not my fault that d.a and M.R are the worst secret-keepers EVAR!)

xZYt6wl.png

Err...edited it?

'S'quoted by d.a.

Curtis: If you add the ability for 3D equations, I will send you a hug via mail.

Mods: should this be stickied?

xZYt6wl.png

Eh? Secret? About what?

;-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I'm sorry for hijacking your thread, too, Curtis. In repayment...

You're sticky'd!

You mean like whats in the second equations tab? :wink:

Curtis: If you add the ability for 3D equations, I will send you a hug via mail.

The code (and the UI for that matter) for the equations plugin has gotten way out of control, to the extent that I don't want to change anything incase the thing I change affects some other part of the plugin I have forgotten about and break it, so adding any kind of new feature that big would be a disaster waiting to happen. Plus I have no idea how of how I would implement something like that, so thats also a problem. :wink: I was considering doing a rewrite of the equations plugin for this update to clean it up a bit, both inside and out, but then I got lazy, and sidetracked by my code text box thingy, so I might do that some other time.

I'm sorry for hijacking your thread, too, Curtis. In repayment...

You're sticky'd!

Thanks! :)

You mean like whats in the second equations tab? :wink:

That, my friend, is called a brain fart. I completely skipped over than when skimming the interface, simply because it did not have a capital T in it. (I've never seen parametrics w/ all lowecase...). Thanks for the slap-in-the-face; I do need those fairly often ;)

xZYt6wl.png

Can you make 2 zip for download?

1 is the all in one dll

another is the separate dll s

Thanks!

Well, I put them together so that they're easier for me to work on, and so that its easier for everyone to use, currently, If I make a fix or add an extra option there is only one file for people to have to get, meaning that I can also sneak small fixes and other things that aren't important to the user in with each new update without making people have to bother redownloading all of them for small things like that. I will think about it, but I'm not promising anything.

BoltBait, and anyone else who is interested, here is a demo app of what my code text box can do, let me know if you think its Code Lab worthy and I'll clean up the code and send it to you. Also let me know if if you find any bugs or colouring mistakes so I can fix them. I think I have the automatic indentation thing working right.

CodeEditor.zip

well right now i'm at college so i can't actually try your Effects Lab, but i'm just o.O...

who are you? come on pyro reveal yourself, we all know for now that you are curtis too...

:D but man i'm still wondering on the power of ELab multiple effects open, and probably the means to alter the definitions like color that we needed to change with the plugin closed...

is this what it can do? i'm sorry for posting after actually trying, but from what i'm certain, you deserve a great applause (is there an emoticon for that?) for ELab.

i'll try it once i get home :D:mtdew::mtdew::mtdew:

so... :Applause: :Applause: :Applause: :Applause: :D:D

Effects Lab is sweet!

Can you add an option to change the blending mode of the effect?

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Can you make 2 zip for download?

1 is the all in one dll

another is the separate dll s

Thanks!

I strongly support this request for one simple reason. I always remove plugins I don’t use, to avoid cluttering up my menu. I think it is d… irritating when the menu has to scroll.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

BoltBait, and anyone else who is interested, here is a demo app of what my code text box can do, let me know if you think its Code Lab worthy and I'll clean up the code and send it to you. Also let me know if if you find any bugs or colouring mistakes so I can fix them. I think I have the automatic indentation thing working right.

Looks good to me. Send it over.

I've already started making changes to CodeLab, so the source on my site is a little out of date. I'll plugin this in and make it part of the next update.

Now, if you could get the multi-line comment thing working... :D