Paint.NET v3.22 Beta 2 now available

Rick Brewster

This release fixes a few minor bugs and adds a new, much-needed Reduce Noise effect. You can get it from the website (http://www.getpaint.net/) or via the built-in updater by going to Help -> Check for Updates. (Make sure that "Also check for beta releases" is enabled, by clicking on the "Options" button after clicking the "Check for Updates" menu item).

Changes since Beta 1:

* Fixed: Some uncommon installer bugs
    * Fixed: Very poor performance during installation or updating, sometimes causing the removal of the previous version to take 20 minutes

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Yay getting closer... Good for everyone now that we have nice installer algorithm, Nice work man :mtdew::mtdew:

David.Atwell I Beated You

EDIT: Er... A bug it only updated via the built in updater when I searched for it, it wasn't automatic, is it a delay on the web site? 'cause the manual searched worked...

Thanks for the update, Rick. Lightning fast installation for me, certainly under 5 minutes, easily under 3 & possibly under 2.

One mega thumbs up from me :mrgreen:

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

Beta 1 only took me about 2-3 min to uninstall the previous version.

Is there any updates or fixes in the program itself in Beta 2?

FordMustang.png

David.Atwell I Beated You

Easy to do when I'm not online. :-)

Awesome work, Rick. Lightning quick -- it finished installing before I finished typing this message. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Let's hope this one goes fast. :P

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

wow, you get updates out fast, nice work

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

May I enquire, is there a reason for the glut of installer problems now to say there has been next to nothing before?

By the way, I had no problems again, took under two minutes as usual.

I turned on verbose logging for Windows Installer in order to help troubleshooting efforts going forward. However, as it turns out it likes to print out a LOT of information (most of it useless). For integrity purposes you need to make sure that the log it flushed after every line of text is written to it. So, there was just a ton of disk I/O happening which made it look like it was "freezing" or "locking" up.

There was also a bug that's been in there for awhile that was never really reported or properly diagnosed. If you install normally, but then go to install again but choose a different installation directory, it wouldn't work and things would get overwhelmingly confused. So that's fixed now.

They're just bugs. Nothing special about them really.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Rick squishes all bugs.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Are we going to see a Alpha 1, Alpha 2, or Release Candidate 1?

Just curious.

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

You're selling Paint.NET?

Like a house, no less?!

*starts rumor*

Just kidding. :-) But what is escrow? Is there some sort of upload delay?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Are we going to see a Alpha 1, Alpha 2, or Release Candidate 1?

Just curious.

Alphas come before Betas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_r ... life_cycle

Yeah I know, but for PdN 3.20 I could have sworn it went in this order for some reason: Beta, Beta 2, Alpha 1, Alpha 2, Release Candidate 1.

It didn't.

Yeah I know, but for PdN 3.20 I could have sworn it went in this order for some reason: Beta, Beta 2, Alpha 1, Alpha 2, Release Candidate 1.

Your imagination is running away with itself...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Don`t know if this has something to do with this version, but Paint.NET initializes veeery slowly,

last it took almost 30 seconds to run the program, maybe it`s because i almost haven`t got space on system disc, but before in 3.20, there were same amount of free space and it run fast.

Do you know what is the reason?

Logo-1.gif

The Asmageddon is coming.

You better prepare... or you won`t survive