How to Install Plugins ×

pyrochild plugins (2020-11-21)

pyrochild

23 hours ago, bobatismo said:

I hope I didn't miss this if it was mentioned already, but I just installed Object Outline and see that you can easily change settings or revert back to the defaults. My question is if I can change these default values (i.e. width, color, etc.). Thanks for any help!

PS Thanks for the easy-to-use plug-in. Keeps me using paint.net! :)

The default color in Outline Object is whatever your primary color is in the main Colors window, so you can change it that way.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

16 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

ScriptLab definitely has an issue in the latest version of paint.net. It's crashing a few seconds after adding an effect.

Reveal hidden contents

Fixed

• Upvote 1

xZYt6wl.png

On 5/28/2016 at 11:52 PM, toe_head2001 said:

Bug report: An empty string in the "Save current as preset..." dialog will crash paint.net.

Fixed in Curves+ and Gradient Mapping

Gradient Mapping also now on GitHub! https://github.com/bsneeze/pdn-gradientmapping

xZYt6wl.png

On 9/20/2016 at 3:33 PM, pyrochild said:

The default color in Outline Object is whatever your primary color is in the main Colors window, so you can change it that way.

To clarify my question: I have to post screenshots to multiple people using red text. One recipient is color blind and requested yellow accents on the red text, saying it allows him to read the text easily against any background. I also modify the softness and thickness to the same specific values. I can leave paint.net open so that the extension and the program both look exactly as needed. But each time I close the program, I need to re-set things to these specific needs. This is why I wondered if there were defaults I could set. But anyway, my problem is minor, and your extension is awesome. No complaints! :)

6 hours ago, bobatismo said:

To clarify my question: I have to post screenshots to multiple people using red text. One recipient is color blind and requested yellow accents on the red text, saying it allows him to read the text easily against any background. I also modify the softness and thickness to the same specific values. I can leave paint.net open so that the extension and the program both look exactly as needed. But each time I close the program, I need to re-set things to these specific needs. This is why I wondered if there were defaults I could set. But anyway, my problem is minor, and your extension is awesome. No complaints! :)

You could try my ScriptLab plugin. It allows you to save the settings of an effect (or sequence of effects) and run them again later.

1) Open ScriptLab

2) Run Outline Object from within ScriptLab and set the colors, width, etc. as desired

3) Save the script file

Later, when you want to run it with the same settings just:

1) Open ScriptLab

2) Load the saved script

xZYt6wl.png

Updated to fix 2 bugs in Curves+:

• Smooth curve smooths all curves, not just the selected one(s)
  • Smooth curve does not eventually give a straight line
  • Upvote 1

xZYt6wl.png

• 1 month later...

@pyrochild, Thank for the ScriptLab and other Plugins. I recently stopped using Picasa as Google stopped their updates. I was looking for an alternative to auto-enhance my photographs and batch the process just like Picasa. Basically, I want to load more than 2 photographs, have their levels auto adjusted, and save all of them together. That's my requirement. Is there any way I can do that in paint.net with your ScriptLab Plugin? Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings All - With the intro of WIN10 and newer faster computers - we are entering into a new age of computing. Genius - Pure Genius is all I can say about my first plug-in download. Zach Walker - words cannot express the kudos you deserve. New Install 4.0.13. Reminder - when everything works - do not change a thing LOL. As a final edit - thought I would show everyone what I learned from this PlugIn set

ab283f3b-801d-4b89-a5f8-7e9485a484b8_zps

Edited by AndrewDavid
Added lesson learned
  • Upvote 1

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

• 6 months later...
20 minutes ago, welshblue said:

Had a crash with GridGrad ... it happens with me if I move the size slider too fast at the smaller end of the scale

What is GridGrad?  It's not in pyro's plugin pack.  I've never heard of it.   :/

6 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

What is GridGrad?  It's not in pyro's plugin pack.  I've never heard of it.   :/

You find Grid Gradient in this post:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/21602-wotw-theme-discussion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=357499

• Like 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

1 hour ago, toe_head2001 said:

Thank you toe!  Never knew that plugin existed.  It's pretty cool!  I just spent the last 10 minutes trippin' myself out!   :lol:

Thanks @welshblue for mentioning the plugin!  :P

6 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

Thank you toe!  Never knew that plugin existed.  It's pretty cool!  I just spent the last 10 minutes trippin' myself out!   :lol:

Thanks @welshblue for mentioning the plugin!  :P

8 hours ago, welshblue said:

@toe_head2001  Ahh  thanks .  I forgot it came from there.  

Maybe I'll just be gentle with it

8 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

GridGrad was just a quick throwaway CodeLab script. I seem to recall someone made a better version so I never fleshed it out into a full plugin in my pack. @Ego Eram Reputo would probably know. If not, I can try to find the source or write it again and put it in the pack...

• Like 1

xZYt6wl.png

Sorry, but I don't recall anything like GridGrad except possibly Gradient Blocks  ? ( :lol: yours!)

Nothing I have seen comes close to combining a grid with gradients. This was a valuable find and shows great potential in designing geometric shapes and patterns with the gradients built in. @lynxster4 and @welshblue both liked it and so do I. I think @welshblue will be incorporating it into something very soon. Worthy of its own release. It gets my vote.

Edited by AndrewDavid

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

@pyrochild If you write it again, perhaps you could add a few more features :

1. A slider to  adjust how far the gradients go as in the first line.

2. A gradient around the edges as in the second line.

gridgrad-options-52d443b.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pyrochild said:

If not, I can try to find the source or write it again and put it in the pack...

I vote for writing it again and incorporating Eli's suggestions.  I already have ideas in my head!  :)

4 hours ago, Eli said:

3 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

Also, I should not putter around with new plugins when I have barely slept all week.

LD....you need to sleep; though I do like your rug!  <3

• Like 1

On 8/8/2017 at 11:47 AM, welshblue said:

Had a crash with GridGrad ... it happens with me if I move the size slider too fast at the smaller end of the scale

Reveal hidden contents
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Fleshed out into a full plugin, Gradient Grid: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/111660-gradient-grid

• Upvote 1

xZYt6wl.png

On 8/9/2017 at 2:45 AM, Eli said:

You should be able to achieve this with the Range sliders

xZYt6wl.png

Thank you so much for developing these plugins, especially Curves+!

I want to request a few features for Curves+

1. A way to make vertical and horizontal curves like this much more, easier. Perhaps the ability to snap and align 2 points on a vertical or horizontal axis. Also the ability drag a segment between two points at the same time. And the ability to drag both points and segments along a straight horizontal and vertical axis with Shift+Drag key

COrfQ5f.png

2. Vertical and Horizontal scales. It'd be really useful to add a number scale of 0 to 100 on either sides of the curve.

3. A Preview Toggle. A way to quickly toggle the preview of the changes we make, so that we can compare the difference before and after the adjustments

Edited by Gelicider

I'm getting this error message when trying to install your gradient grid using your updated installer from yesterday.

---------------------------
Package Error!
---------------------------
The file Gradient Grid.dll was not built into this package.

Please contact pyrochild for an update.

In the end i downloaded the zip file version and added it manually to effects.

Edited by Jimez

jimex2.png