pyrochild

• 6 months later...

Getting this error:

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\ScriptLab.dll
      Name: pyrochild.effects.scriptlab.ScriptLab
      Version: 4.0.5146.23014
      Author: Zach Walker, a.k.a. pyrochild
      Copyright: Copyright © 2007-2014 Zach Walker
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
   at PaintDotNet.ControlExtensions.QueueUpdate(Control control) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\ControlExtensions.cs:line 67
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.LevelsEffectConfigDialog.InitializeComponent() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\LevelsEffectConfigDialog.cs:line 432
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.LevelsEffectConfigDialog..ctor() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\LevelsEffectConfigDialog.cs:line 66
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.LevelsEffect.CreateConfigDialog() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\LevelsEffect.cs:line 20
   at pyrochild.effects.scriptlab.ScriptLab.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 163
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 143
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 135
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 233
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 431
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.DoEffect(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, PdnRegion selectedRegion, PdnRegion regionToRender, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer, Surface originalSurface, Exception& exception) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 1527

I am first adding an 'Invert Colors' step and then a 'Levels' step.

I'm on Windows 10.

• 4 weeks later...

What version is your plugin pack? Because I have Paint.NET 4.0.6 and the Smudge tool keeps crashing Paint.NET. I love this plugin pack and it really sucks because now I have to put my work on hold.  :(

Roos-Skywalker%20close%20up.jpg

Getting this error:

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\ScriptLab.dll
      Name: pyrochild.effects.scriptlab.ScriptLab
      Version: 4.0.5146.23014
      Author: Zach Walker, a.k.a. pyrochild
      Copyright: Copyright © 2007-2014 Zach Walker
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
   at PaintDotNet.ControlExtensions.QueueUpdate(Control control) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\ControlExtensions.cs:line 67

I am first adding an 'Invert Colors' step and then a 'Levels' step.

I'm on Windows 10.

This reproduces for me. I'll look into it.

What version is your plugin pack? Because I have Paint.NET 4.0.6 and the Smudge tool keeps crashing Paint.NET. I love this plugin pack and it really sucks because now I have to put my work on hold.  :(

Did you try downloading the current version of the plugin? What's the error? What are you doing when it happens?

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 3 months later...

Updated:

ScriptLab

- Works with Levels effect

- Can script another ScriptLab instance. I don't know why you would want to do this, but now you can. Scriptception!

- Fixed progress bar not filling for certain effects like Red Eye Removal (effects using SingleRenderCall)

- Changes begin rendering as soon as the currently rendering effect can be cancelled instead of waiting for the whole script to render before starting over

- Fixed some crashes when moving/changing effects while rendering

- Cancel now cancels as soon as possible instead of waiting for the whole script to finish (or hanging Paint.NET...)

- OK no longer rerenders the whole script

- Fixed some load errors while loading scripts w/ missing effects

- Load/save errors now show detailed exceptions for easier troubleshooting

- Fixed color window showing alpha = 0 when a color is opaque black

- Misc performance improvements

Gradient Mapping, Grid Warp, Liquify, Smudge, Splatter, and Twist

- Fixed color window showing alpha = 0 when a color is opaque black

• Upvote 5

xZYt6wl.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friends, I have for you a minor update to fix some major bugs in ScriptLab:

- Fixed: Clicking in the Available list when there are no results for the search term would crash ScriptLab

- Fixed: Clicking Cancel while rendering would sometimes hang Paint.NET

Hooray

• Upvote 2

xZYt6wl.png

• 3 weeks later...

Update!

ScriptLab and Curves+ are now on GitHub! More to come as time allows.

Some changes in ScriptLab:

- Improve horrible UI decisions - give me a break, I was in high school.

- Fix hang when close button clicked while rendering

- Individual progress bars for each effect

- Change multiple step's colors at once

- Fix: sometimes selection highlight would remain in script after an item was no longer selected

- More robust script-saving

• Upvote 1

xZYt6wl.png

Borders N' Shapes and Gradient Bars are now on GitHub. I'm just going down the list but if anyone would like a particular plugin open sourced I'll certainly take it into consideration and do it sooner.

• Upvote 2

xZYt6wl.png

Thank you for publishing the source to these plugins. I do enjoy poking around in other peoples code.

I've always wondered how Liquify works. For all its complexity it has never crashed or needed an update. Stunning bit of work IMHO. If you plan to release them all, Liquify would be my request.

... I'm just going down the list but if anyone would like a particular plugin open sourced I'll certainly take it into consideration and do it sooner.

If it's possible - Smudge & Liquify, please.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,
i have downloaded the pyrochild plugin pack and i have an issue. Everything works fine in effects besides the most important effects for me- objects. Neither outline, nor trail. I have tried to change the values, but without result, the whole text remains the same and nothing changes. And as i said, everything else works on the text without problem. Somehow i don´t see any logical explanation to this issue. Don´t you have any idea what could be the problem?
Thank you for your answer in advance.
(i apologize for my English)

Best regards

SzPeto, one thing you must remember about effects in the Object menu:

An "object" is a group of pixels on a layer that is completely surrounded by transparent pixels (or the edge(s) of the canvas). These plugins are useful when doing "cutouts" or with text on a new layer.

• Upvote 1

SzPeto, one thing you must remember about effects in the Object menu:

An "object" is a group of pixels on a layer that is completely surrounded by transparent pixels (or the edge(s) of the canvas). These plugins are useful when doing "cutouts" or with text on a new layer.

Thank you for the answer, it helped me. The issue was that i din´t created a new layer with the text that i wanted to have "shadow". It works now fine (y)

Thank you for publishing the source to these plugins. I do enjoy poking around in other peoples code.

I've always wondered how Liquify works. For all its complexity it has never crashed or needed an update. Stunning bit of work IMHO. If you plan to release them all, Liquify would be my request.

Liquify is on GitHub! Go check it out! https://github.com/bsneeze/pdn-liquify
  • Upvote 2

xZYt6wl.png

If there are any other requests I'll do them as soon as I can, otherwise I'll get to the rest, like, whenever, man.

• Upvote 2

xZYt6wl.png

• 2 months later...

successfully download plugin pack in effects folder in program section. works great. first time for me.

• 1 month later...
  • BoltBait featured this topic

I hope I didn't miss this if it was mentioned already, but I just installed Object Outline and see that you can easily change settings or revert back to the defaults. My question is if I can change these default values (i.e. width, color, etc.). Thanks for any help!

PS Thanks for the easy-to-use plug-in. Keeps me using paint.net! :)

Edited by bobatismo