How to Install Plugins ×

pyrochild plugins (2020-11-21)

pyrochild

I am sorry, but I have to say I haven't had time to try enough PDN-4,

I downloaded it and rolled back to V-3.6  after few days, because most of the plugins weren't working with me, but I really like v-4 and its new amazing features.

I came here to say thank you very much pyro for the update, I really appreciate your hard working on the excellent plugins,

And also to all our great plugins creators, thank you so much everyone. :)

I am wondering pyro, if all your plugins are now compatible  with v-4?

Thanks again.

All of my plugins are, to the best of my knowledge, fully compatible with Paint.NET 3.5.11 and 4.0α

As always, please report any issues you may find in either version, and I'll do my best to address them (in less than a year this time!)

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Updated Gradient Bars:

6 years, 7 months, and 2 days later, in what is probably a forum record between feature request and implementation:

May I suggest another option?

A selection for horizontal/vertical or maybe an angle dialog...

Added.

Also added color choosers, gamma-adjusted color blending, mirrored bars, and repeating bars, and tooltip info for Paint.NET 4.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I'm not sure if I am using Gradient Mapping wrong or if something is wrong with the plugin, but paint.net crashes any time I try to double click the gradient bar or change a color.
I am using windows 7 32bit and the v4 paint.net. When the problem happens a window pops up saying, "paint.net has stopped working" and forces me to close paint.net.
The pop-up window does offer problem details, I have copied/pasted them below.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PaintDotNet.exe
Application Version: 4.0.5152.40811
Application Timestamp: 52f6b280
Fault Module Name: clr.dll
Fault Module Version: 4.0.30319.18444
Fault Module Timestamp: 52717e84
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 0001b8ba
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fdd5
Additional Information 2: fdd526cceeffc81355dc1282f1212b61
Additional Information 3: 4128
Additional Information 4: 412867892d82e9d237f2d42773446055

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

As far as I'm aware, this effect should be working with v4.0.  Please try to download and install it again to make sure you have the latest available version.

If the problem persists, please let us know.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I tried to uninstall/reinstall both paint.net and the pyro plugin pack some-what recently, as well as tried to update some other plugins too, so I thought everything was up-to-par.

However, taking your advice, I uninstalled paint.net again. During the uninstalling/reinstalling process this time though, I found out there were old installations and plugins I missed from the first time I tried to uninstall/reinstall. Going back through and making sure nothing old was left this time around, I have reinstalled and have the plugin working successfully now. So, again, thank you.

You're welcome Cc4FuzzyHuggles. Welcome to the forum :D

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Save it to your desktop, then unzip it and move it into the effects folder.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You could just click and drag the files from the zipped folder to a folder on your desktop...

You don't need WinRar to unzip standard zipped folders

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Yeah, zipping has been included in Windows since Windows 98.

Incidentally, if you want a really good compression program, I recommend 7-zip.  It opens a lot of different compressed formats.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 2 months later...

I was pretty excited to see that you created a smudge brush as I use it often in other programs. However, I felt that the effect was rather intense, even when setting it to #1. As a result, it works more like a "push" brush set at low intensity rather than a "smudge" brush...at least for my purpose. I use "smudge" to smooth out skin and wrinkles and to softly blend inconsistancies in skin complexion, so if the effect is too strong it's not going to look natural. Just giving my feedback, in case you decide to make any adjustments in the future.

Thank you for creating those plugins. You and all the other contributors are simply amazing.

-deejay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Check the date stamp of this post - it worked fine for me just now.

• 2 months later...

I apologize if this was 'answered' somewhere in the 40 pages of this thread, but I cannot find the answer.

I love(d) the pyrochild smudge effect.   I used it on almost all my projects - up until the PaintNet 4.0.3.

After that update (summer 2014ish), the smudge effect is not recognized.   :(

I see inside the PaintNet program (settings>plugin errors) that the smudge.dll is the only plugin that is listed as an error.

The error log has a wall of text about the smudge versions, could not load file or assembly and on and on.

Then at the very end it says something like
"This plugin is incompatible with this version of PaintNet.  A mandatory update is available."

Okay, so what is a "mandatory update"?

I have the latest PaintNet update (4.0.3) and I am not going to try and figure out how to go back to an older version - or is that the solution?

btw, all the other pyrochild plugins still work fine in PaintNet 4.0.3.   So what is the issue with smudge?   Makes no sense.

I looked all over the place and find no 'updated' smudge to download - yet it seems like some people are still able to use it in PaintNet 4.0.3.   How?

I re-downloaded every smudge download available from pyrochild's plugin links and still have the same result - it does not work.

Can anybody please explain is step-by-step instructions where to get this "mandatory update" and how to install it?

Thank you for any help.   It has been driving me crazy for over 3 months now.   I have found no work-around effect to use in place of smudge, so I finally

decided to post in this forum and get the straight answer(s).

If smudge is a dead plugin, then I understand and would like confirmation of this (although it seems like people are able to use it in 4.0.3).

If it is a dead plugin, will there be a new version available soon?   Does anyone know?

Again, thanks for any help!

Hi @Colorola - Smudge is working fine for me in v4.  The Plugin download on page 1 is current and, as you probably already know, after un-zipping should be:

Copy any desired plugins to C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\

It would probably be very helpful to @Pyro if you post the actual error log on here, as well as what system you are using ..... Windows 7, or such!

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

hi Pixey and hi pyrochild -

thank you for your prompt replies - as this issue with smudge has been driving me crazy!

Yes, I did download the new version of smudge multiple times (in my first post I mentioned that I re-downloaded smudge from every link of pyrochild's - which basically was the link

in the first post in this thread.   The date of the smudge file from the link was always 09/16/12, so I thought the file was current, but PaintNet 4.0.3 came out in 2014, so was thinking

there was even a newer version of smudge somewhere?)

What was really frustrating is that all the other effects and tools worked, just not smudge.

Mind you, since smudge did not work for me, I would only keep trying to repair smudge and not any others (since the others all worked in 4.0.3).

So today, I decided to empty the whole lot of pyrochild's excellent work and install them ALL.

I am Win 7, Home Premium.

Again, all worked but not smudge.

So I closed PaintNet and started PaintNet up to try one last time.

Ha - this time smudge was working and pyrochild's ScriptLab was showing too (first time I could finally see ScriptLab - was wondering what people were talking about regarding SriptLab!).

So thanks so much for your hard work and for the response(s) - as this gave me motivation to re-download and try again!

Still not sure what was going on, but maybe I only had pieces of something installed?   Now it all seems to work, so a big relief!

Thanks again! 

(ps....I actually started to consider Gimp, but never downloaded or used that.   Very glad I decided to post here and now am able to stay with PaintNet!)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...