Sig-Of-The-Week Discussion - 17 is on!

It is. Look at the very bottom.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

+invert colors. Plus, I used my least favorite font. :-P

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Jokerman only loses out to Papyrus and Comic Sans as my most hated fonts. EDIT: Oh, and Curlz MT.

Jokerman only loses out to Papyrus and Comic Sans as my most hated fonts. EDIT: Oh, and Curlz MT.

Papyrus is a good font, just... severely overused by people who have no idea what it means to choose the right font for each project. Hmmm... kinda like ... Polar Inversion, maybe? ;)

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Aaaah! Papyrus!!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

thanks god I didn't use one of those fonts, although I was tempted.

my worst area is fonts and text. colors and combinations of swirls and arcs I find come easier, fonts I just don't have that artistic harmony feel with them.

:D

That's the thing, fonts don't really have an art to them. You just choose something which goes with your sig/av/piece of art.

How has that got polar inversion in it?

It uses a bit of every corner in this:

aheadbyusedhondanh1.jpg

It was originally a typical-looking polar inversion until I cut and pasted the corners in a new layer and flipped them all so they're all in the top-left corner, then I used layer blending to make the colorful fractal-like effect you see. Then I added the border, text, and Dark Samus to make it a little more exciting.

Maybe later I'll try to recreate it and post the polar inverted wallpaper before I flipped and cropped it.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Good luck!

Edit: I'll see if I can enter this one. I have nothing yet, but I'm sure I can whip something up.

It's an enticing idea for a SOTW, open to lots of interpretation!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Of course it's fun! Why else would an entire page of entries be submitted in the first 1.5 days of competition? :)

BTW, I updated the WIP [work in progress] by adding another version of the photo (the end result you see in my off-topic mini-tut) into the mix, also heavily tweaking the right side for more eyecandy. Oh, and now it's my signature.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Aw, carp! Helio is entering. There goes the neighborhood... ;-)

EDIT:

meh:

polerinversionsigci9.png

You do realize you spelled your name wrong, right? ;-)

thanks god I didn't use one of those fonts, although I was tempted.

my worst area is fonts and text. colors and combinations of swirls and arcs I find come easier, fonts I just don't have that artistic harmony feel with them.

:D

That's the thing, fonts don't really have an art to them. You just choose something which goes with your sig/av/piece of art.

ahhh so then I think I did pick a good clean font one that doesn't compete with the very detailed background. one that didn't distract from the polar, which was the intention of the piece. thanks Andrew I've just raised my happiness with this one to 95%

:wink:

I disagree wholeheartedly. I think that there IS an art to fonts. A huge art. I think fonts can evoke emotions, feelings, etc. I love fonts. :-)

Of course it's fun! Why else would an entire page of entries be submitted in the first 1.5 days of competition? :)

My guess is because of the 15-day delay between the choosing of the topic and the creation of the submission thread... I was a bad boy. :(

*CMD takes a time-out in the corner*

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype