How to Install Plugins ×

MadJik' all plugins (last updated: 2018-04-07)

MadJik

• 1 month later...
Small bug I found...I was looking at the Panelling source, and I saw that if language is set to French there is a French UI.

Problem : My computer is set to French (fr-CH), PDN is in French, but Panelling is in english... :|

Added to TODO list...

Thanks for the report!

....Now I'm on the final (6.1.7600) Win7 version, and your plugins are in French. Weird bug. :|

• 3 weeks later...

MadJik, why does your 'Sparkles' plugin work good on some pictures, barily on some, not at all on others, and only on upper edges yet on others? I tried many pictures including those with bright and those with dark skies, but I still have the same problems. And how do you make shooting stars.

Also, your download links to 'Add Noise + (yymmdd:070914)' and 'Sine Curves Plugin (ymd:080108)' are broken (they're not working).

1.gif

I believe bliss and terror are based on a person's perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

The sparkles plugin works great, not sure what problem you're having as "the sparkle plugin doesnt work.." doesn't say much about what type of problem you're having.

if you create a new layer and place white dots on it (the smaller, the better for sizing...even white pencil works great), then run the plugin and try the different settings based on whether you want flares or flakes, random sizes or not, number of vertices, etc.

to get shooting stars, set the number of flake vertices to 1

Check out the post dedicated to the sparkles plugin, and about 10 replies downward, he lists the settings he used

click here

• 3 weeks later...

hey all i come here looking for the Displacement plugin, i have had a look in the link provided but can not make anysence of it, im kinda new to the forum site here, any help would be most grateful thank you

is there a downloadable link for the displacement plugin?

• 1 month later...

I'm using Windows 7 64bit and the installer has the default path in the Program Files x86 folder even though Paint.NET is installed in the 64bit folder (in Program Files).

KaHuc.png

I'm using Windows 7 64bit and the installer has the default path in the Program Files x86 folder even though Paint.NET is installed in the 64bit folder (in Program Files).

I use Inno Setup to create the exe pack. It read the system variable for the program file path.

I can't see for now how to solve this point... Any idea or any over program which works ?

• 4 months later...

Hello, I'm new to this forum and have read the rules, and I think I'm posting this in the right forum. I've downloaded and enjoyed your plug-ins - especially the frames plug-in. I do seem to notice while I was adding frames to several of my photos that the first many photos I was able to get a beveled edge effect. All of a sudden the the beveled edges are gone even though the frames still work, I kind 'a like the bevel edges too. Don't know if it's a bug or not but have you seen this?

sample2.jpg This is the beveled edge

sample1.jpg This is the unbeveled edge

I have windows vista, using the latest version of paint.net. I am using all the same settings with all photos - after using some color adjustments, I created a new top layer and added the frame effect. No other plug-ins.

sig1.png

Hello, I'm new to this forum ... the beveled edges are gone ... I am using all the same settings with all photos - (except) after using some color adjustments ...

Welcome to the forum!

The bevel illusion is possible if the primary color and the secondary color are not equals...

Thank you, that totally makes sense. I like both types of frames, but I needed to keep all of them the same for this project. I'll go and correct. I love paint.net by the way, it's been really fun.

sig1.png

• 2 weeks later...

hello. i have a couple of suggestions for your Kaleidoscope your picture plugin.

could you add a couple sliders for selected piece vertical and horizontal movement? like in your Panelling Effect Plugin, so you can move the selected piece by small increments.

i like to make animated kaleidoscopes, and it would be much easier than using 2 plugins.

also i would like to suggest adding another mirror type, that would make the image match in all corners, like the attached image below.

sorry i dont know what you call this mirror type. i made the image with an effect i had in paint shop pro 7, if that helps any.

edit: sorry, guess i cant post animated gifs. you can see the image here tho. its my deviantart icon, a mini blue animated kaleidoscope.

edit: and if you dont want to go to deviantart, my new avatar was made with this plugin. the corners all match, like the mirror i suggested adding to your plugin would do, altho i had to copy the layer and flip it and merge them etc. a new mirror would save a lot of extra steps.

Edited by bluejewel24

pdnsig1r.png

---------------------- Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. - Einstein ----------------------

Hi MadJik, I've tried to go to your "Frames" plugin page, but end up at a 404. Is there anywhere else that I can get a reliable and safe download for this?

Thanks, Klickit.

Edited by Klickit

Klickit,

Go to the first post of this topic and click the link that says:

"Here is the ZIP Pack of DLLs"

It is a working link.

Copy/paste the Frame.dll to your Effects folder.

===============================================

Many links are still broken after the recent forum move.

Edited by Sarkut

Many thanks, Sarcut. :) And many thanks to Madjik too, for providing a non-geek installation that went like a dream. :):)

I'm testing Paint.Net in the hopes that my technologically challenged sis-in-law will be able to use it easily, but I think I might keep it for myself, too! I'm really impressed with it so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Since updating to 3.5.5 I have found that the LightRays plug in UI does not display properly and also when I use it I am left with white lines across the image as shown below -

raypluginprob.jpg

And the UI -

lightrayui.jpg

Just wondering if you had any idea why this could be happening. :(

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN