How to edit existing text in JPG image

incognito

Couple of days ago I downloaded this obviously excellent Paint.net program, so it is not familiar to me. I have ready-made header graphics as JPG format. There is one layer where both image and text are. When I choose A font from toolbox and try to edit this existing text and replace it my own, nothing happens. What should I do?

Thanks for your help in advance. :wink:

Couple of days ago I downloaded this obviously excellent Paint.net program, so it is not familiar to me. I have ready-made header graphics as JPG format. There is one layer where both image and text are. When I choose A font from toolbox and try to edit this existing text and replace it my own, nothing happens. What should I do?

Thanks for your help in advance. :wink:

Well,

1. Paint.NET dosen't yet have the ability to allow you to edit text after you've saved it as a .PDN, or even after you've deslected it, and that feature can only really come when PDN 4.0 is made.

2. If it's a .jpg, it's only one layer, meaning it's improssible to edit it anyways. In any program.

I have only had the program a week but, I have been able to edit lots of jpegs. I collected a bunch of images I wanted to make a colage, including text, before I learned how to install new fonts. I opened the the pic I want then select the magic wand. It selects the background so I then hit ctrl + i and invert it then I copy it with ctrl + c and I paste it with ctrl + v into a new image, then I can add layers or what not and play with it. some times you have to play around with the position of the magic wand, in some areas it will select different things. But I have been able to crop out lots of pics. It depends on how detailed your background is if you can manage to fill the holes back in where the words used to be, then add your name, if your name is sorta the same in length of the last you should be able to hide any blemishes you may, depends on the image really.

sig2.jpg

"All that we are is a result of what we have thought. The mind is everything,

what we think we become." Buddha

I have only had the program a week but, I have been able to edit lots of jpegs. I collected a bunch of images I wanted to make a colage, including text, before I learned how to install new fonts. I opened the the pic I want then select the magic wand. It selects the background so I then hit ctrl + i and invert it then I copy it with ctrl + c and I paste it with ctrl + v into a new image, then I can add layers or what not and play with it. some times you have to play around with the position of the magic wand, in some areas it will select different things. But I have been able to crop out lots of pics. It depends on how detailed your background is if you can manage to fill the holes back in where the words used to be, then add your name, if your name is sorta the same in length of the last you should be able to hide any blemishes you may, depends on the image really.

Sometimes the author has text on an image for a reason, such as copyright or other lisences, meaning you shouldn't really be removing it.

If it is a copyright thing, I agree, but I am only using this for fun, I don't have any websites or companies, I am a stay at home mom and this is just for killing boredom. I am only saying it can be done. Lots of people take images off pics and paste them onto others to change and distort them. I wouldn't try to take someones sig and take their name off it and put mine on, I meant for example the pics below, if you didn't want the word witch and you changed it. That's all.11272_45bf6d5f7605b25ebd6efecdc16af01011272_92e678175573926dd1295c3af716cd93

sig2.jpg

"All that we are is a result of what we have thought. The mind is everything,

what we think we become." Buddha