How to Install Plugins ×

FlySwatter Plugin

ploogle

It's my first plugin, entitled "FlySwatter"...and it does cool stuff to pictures.

Comments, questions, concerns?

Edit by Rick: Renamed thread title to reflect the name of the plugin. I have no idea why it was titled "Overdrive Plugin" when the plugin is actually called "FlySwatter."

11167_61240237bcd8b31032c21dd115a3bc24

FlySwatter.zip

11167_7ab63fcab4d5d96d37f0885ef67c29ae

It's my first plugin, entitled "FlySwatter"...and it does cool stuff to pictures.

Comments, questions, concerns?

A question, comment AND a concern, What does it do?

It's...kinda hard to explain. I'll upload the original image as well. It basically applies a weird effect that makes it look shiny, metallic, and colorful.

It's...kinda hard to explain. I'll upload the original image as well. It basically applies a weird effect that makes it look shiny, metallic, and colorful.

Source? Picture of UI? Some explanation of what it does and how it works?

If you can't answer any of those questions, then you really shouldn't bother posting it. We're not going to experiment for you.

Well, you are a first timer and don't get me wrong, but what is actually the use of this effect?

In my eyes it destroys the picture... :(

You may reach a similar thing duplicating your layer and set the blend mode of the upper one to xor (then just turn your image to green).

Well, keep going, it's good for learning and practice, maybe.

If the plugin is called Fly Swatter, why is the thread titled "Overdrive Plugin" ?

If the plugin is called Fly Swatter, why is the thread titled "Overdrive Plugin" ?

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

? "nigulP evirdrevO" deltit daerht eht si yhw ,rettawS ylF dellac si nigulp eht fI

That said, though, I do think it's an interesting-looking effect...but I don't quite know what I'd use it for.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Yeah...sorry. I forgot to save the source and had named it FlySwatter (first thing that came to mind at the time). If you'll take a closer look at the "after" picture I attatched, you'll see that it can give the picture a somewhat colorful metallic effect. Not much use, but it looks somewhat cool on certain settings.

It's my first plugin, and I haven't really figured out how to do distortion effects yet. Only color-changing stuff. Can anyone direct me to a tutorial for distortion effects?

It's my first plugin, and I haven't really figured out how to do distortion effects yet. Only color-changing stuff. Can anyone direct me to a tutorial for distortion effects?

There are no tutorials, but Paint.NET is open-source; just look at the source code for existing distortion effects to learn how to write your own. Some other plugin authors also release their source code, so you can look at that too.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

It's fairly good, depending on the settings you put. Although it may not be used all the time, it's now in plugin toolbox. As you can see from sig, I've got tons!

Damn! Must update my sig (plugin census). :)

Please rename your thread title to accurately reflect the name of the plugin ...

May be this plugin has a two names? :) Or it first plugin,that will be have a two names)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:) i understand what this actually does...its a recolour sort of thing :) ive used it on some of my pics.some turned out cool others were just distorted and odd lol :) i like this :)

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

• 2 years later...