How do you make clothing creases? and shading/ shadowing

coreyferland

I would liek to know how to make clothing creases so i can upload a file to my online game without it looking like total bloody potato so can somebody please create a tutorial or teach me how to draw them ty

this is the basis for it so can u plz help me ty if u can

7xmuw6a.png

~If you give up now it just proves that...never mind just give up you suck anyway!~

85xxfh0.png

Draw a black line on a new layer along the line you want the shadow to be on. Then Gaussian blur it 10-15 pixels, and change the opacity of the layer down until it looks correct (probably to about 100 or so).

Hope this helps.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

thanks for that but what i really need is how do i make the crease or is that it lol im new to this program but am learning fast so tell me plz and ill check back tomorrow

~If you give up now it just proves that...never mind just give up you suck anyway!~

85xxfh0.png

That's basically what a crease is - a very small line of shadow along a fold. Take a look at some photographs of clothing for reference. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

thats what i mean how do i make the folding part look so good lol

85xxfh0.png

also when i make it into a pure color it doesnt work

it covers it

85xxfh0.png

nvm just ened to knpow how to make the fold part

85xxfh0.png

o ok lol sry my bad this is one of my first times posting here

85xxfh0.png

You know, you can edit your post. You don't have to keep double posting. Also, bumping is against forum rules. Please read the rules; the link is in the orange box near the top of the page.

As for your question: please post an example of what you want to do, if you can. I don't know what you mean.

see the folds in that i need to learn how to draw those but not soo many u know

82afn82.png

85xxfh0.png

Check my replies here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20096

um ok thnxs for the help how would u suggest adding noise and stuff to make that kind of texture??

also i cnat fidn the right kind of effect that i want while using it for certain parts any help????

85xxfh0.png

Check my replies here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20096

um ok thnxs for the help how would u suggest adding noise and stuff to make that kind of texture??

also i cnat fidn the right kind of effect that i want while using it for certain parts any help????

I use gradients :GradientTool: and distorts

I don't think adding noise would work, but you can try.

In you case, a white shirt, just use light gray color gradients should work fine.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Thnkx ash illt ry that ur a good person and ur awesome at PDN

also could u bother making a tiny tutorial as to doing it that would be the best thing ever like seriously helpful ty if u do if not w/e cause im confused as to how u got ur outcome on the other post

85xxfh0.png

Thats what i have its basically the shape of narutos jacket from naruto shippuden i just need it to look like somebody is wearing it u know so give it a try i need the folds like hard core ty for the help

this is gunna be awesome if u can help me

8fb2v7d.png

85xxfh0.png

um chea that is just about it

Yea can u teach me how to do somehting like that in a small tut

85xxfh0.png

Check you PM, can you study that 1st. ask me any questions if you are stuck. :)

what i need to know is how did u make those effects i really am not that good i can just make ur basic stuff as of now but i need to find out how to do that seriously

like how did u make that airbrush effect

and how did u use the gradients i would like to know that plz

85xxfh0.png

• 3 years later...

That's because the link is very, very old. Just like this thread the link pre-dates our shift to the new host for the forum.

I _think_ the dead link might point to this Scriptlab script: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/8270-sharing-scriptlab-scripts-sls/page__view__findpost__p__127020

.... and because of the age of this thread closed.