How to Install Plugins ×

Asmageddon Tools Pack v3

Asmageddon Prince

Fixed all known errors:
Now all of the plugins work correct on Multi-Core processors.
Fixed an errors in Color Percentage

Alpha works - Add/Substract,set percentage and contrast of alpha channel.
Channel Blur - That doesn`t work good,better don`t use..
Channel multiplier - Works best on colorfull images, makes strange colors.
Channel shift - Smilliar to panneling, but for a single channel.
Channel works+ - Contrast and percentage of single channel.
Color percentage+ - Sets percentage value of all channels.(-100=inversion)
From P to S - I don`t know how to describe it, but it is based on Primary and secondary color.
From P to S simple- The same thing, but two color only.
HSV inversion - inverts Hue saturation or Value. Sometimes works strange.
Hue(Red <--->Psychodelic) - In reality it just multiplies Hue
Hue channeling multiply - multiplies Hue by Red, Green and Blue values
Image coder - Codes image (Look out, there is no decoder)
Inverto pushing plus - Best to use Layer-Rotate/Zoom after this
Inverto-pushing - previous version of this effect, with no tiling
Multiplo Uniqua - makes strange colors?
P&S Mega - Based on Primary and secondary color, previous version of From P to S
P&S Only - Makes image two colors-Primary and secondary
Quadro disorter - Breaks image into sharp pieces and scatters them
Quadro disorter B - Smilliar to Quadro disorter, but a bit another
Render-Border - Makes a border, best to create on new layer, then blur it

Render-Quadro Bumperoo \
Render-Quadro inverto >---Smilliar effects, makes sharp image.
Render-Quadro Sharper /

Sinusoid shaking - Sorry for stupid name, it makes waves.
Water - Makes something like water, but not exactly right

Strange Bulger - Makes Strange Looking bulge 
Strange Bulger B - A bit other   

Channel tricks - Flip,invert and other tricks on R,G or B channel

Inverto pushing caleidoscope
Strange Bulger caleidoscope
Disortion effects, best on textures, smilliar to Polar Inversion.

v3 plugins source.zip

v3 effects.zip

Logo-1.gif

The Asmageddon is coming.

You better prepare... or you won`t survive

There is some interesting stuff in there. Although, like Ash said, it isn't clear what all of the working effects actually do.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

I am not a programmer in any way, shape, or form. Nor do I claim to be.

I tried out most of them, and I think my favorite out of those is PS Mega.

th_psmega.jpg

A neat effect. Makes me think of some kind of warped negative thing. Cool.

But am I the only one who gets weird bugs whenever I use them? It doesn't affect PdN at all, but it seems like every effect does something like this.

th_what.jpg

Sometimes better, sometimes worse. :shock:

The border effect was cool, and I know you said to blur it on a new layer, but by itself it came out like this for me.

th_border.jpg

It's not terribly obvious from the screenshot. But there's a single pixel gap between the border and the edge. (That I circled in red)

Those are my only complaints. Good job otherwise. :D

I thought I knew how to receive RAR files but I can't make this one work.

7-zip dose the job for me.

But it would be helpfull if the names on the DLL told something about what it do; instead of just numbers.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

I'm getting the same bugs with most of the plugins and I'm wondering though this topic is old, has this been fixed?

The topic is only like 3 hours old. Nobody's fingers work that fast!

Also, as the author stated in the main post, he still needs to figure out what is wrong...

Put away the cattle prod dude... :lol:

I love those days when someone come and say "Hey, look, I've just made forty plugins...".

:D

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

I've been trying to understand what these guys do and many of them are pretty good, the pushing ones are an amazing effect, congrats Asmageddon by the way, and they really should be corrected, cause the bug is happening in all of them, i don't know what the bug is, sorry...

Eh? I'm not downloading WINRAR for this. Also, what do they all do? I mean, plug-in pack's should really tell you about all the plug-in's, like what EdHarvey does.

not downloading winrar?? shouldn't you have it by now? cause many of the plugins are ".rar'ed" and it's a nice tool! anyway, the post would be better too with more info on the plugins...

not downloading winrar?? shouldn't you have it by now? cause many of the plugins are ".rar'ed" and it's a nice tool! anyway, the post would be better too with more info on the plugins...

Every plugin I've ever downloaded (and I have probably 85% of the plugins on the forum) has been in a .ZIP. I've never downloaded one in a .RAR before.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Every plugin I've ever downloaded (and I have probably 85% of the plugins on the forum) has been in a .ZIP. I've never downloaded one in a .RAR before.

er... ok then... sorry i think that i have winrar default for .zip ... anyway rar is nice

Use ZIP, not RAR, unless you REALLY want half this thread to be just full of people complaining about not knowing how to open them instead of people complimenting you on your work.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Use ZIP, not RAR, unless you REALLY want half this thread to be just full of people complaining about not knowing how to open them instead of people complimenting you on your work.

Bah. Everyone should just get 7z. It's more versatile than the built-in Windows ZIP utility, and from what I've seen, a heck of a lot less intrusive than WinRAR.

:wink:

As for the plugins, I think you've got quite a nice collection here. Standouts to me are Channel Shift, HSV Takeout, the two Quadro distorters, and the three Render - Quadro variations.

I did notice that, with Quadro Distorter B, the effect doesn't do anything until one of the x / y size settings are >= 10. Clamping the lower bound to 9 seems like a weird number, so perhaps something like adding 9 to the slider input? That way, a 0 setting would still yield no change, and the plugin would show a change at the first notch on the slider.

(Any smarter person is welcome to tell me if that's a bad idea. I'm no programmer...)

CMD's Verdict: A very interesting download pack. There's a load of plugins inside, so you're bound to find something useful or just plain fun to play with.

Check me out, all pretending to be authoritative and whatnot... >_>

Thanks for sharing! :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

The error in every plugin, that you was saying about is because EVERY of this plugins is made in CodeLab.

And it happens on Multi-Core processors only.Just run Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete,and set Paint .NET process to be executed on one core only.

Ahh, I added few new effects, and put in .ZIP file.Their source is also avaiable.

Enjoy!

Logo-1.gif

The error in every plugin, that you was saying about is because EVERY of this plugins is made in CodeLab.

Weird, as a lot of plugins are made using Codelab, and never suffered this kind of problem.

I don't really see the Codelab -> MultiCore -> bugs relation (but I'm not pro programmer).

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

And it happens on Multi-Core processors only.Just run Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete,and set Paint .NET process to be executed on one core only.

Or you could write your code correctly and not force everyone to screw up their Paint.NET performance for the sake of your plugins.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Or you could write your code correctly and not force everyone to screw up their Paint.NET performance for the sake of your plugins.

Little harsh...? :?

I think what we're all trying to say Asmageddon, is that your plugins are useful and appreciated, but incomplete. Keep plugging (ooh bad pun) along, ask for help if you need it, and they can really be dynamite. Thanks for taking the time to develop all of these, but keep going! You're almost there! :)

I see where Rick is coming from. Paint.NET is heavily optimized for working in a multi-core environment. The benefit of that overall optimization outweighs the benefit of plugins that require the disabling of multi-core processing.

Sorry, but I cannot fix them, because I`m using CodeLab.

I haven`t got anything other.But I like programming, so when I got paint.NET I downloaded CodeLab. All tgese plugins are around 3 weeks of my everyday work, and when I was doing them for fun, not for other people.I never programmed in C# before.

Only very little in Borland RAD program in C++ language.

Maybe can you point me to some site with good program, and maybe some kind of a tutorial :?:

Then I`ll try to fix the problems.

Logo-1.gif

Sorry, but I cannot fix them, because I`m using CodeLab.

I haven`t got anything other.But I like programming, so when I got paint.NET I downloaded CodeLab. All tgese plugins are around 3 weeks of my everyday work, and when I was doing them for fun, not for other people.I never programmed in C# before.

Only very little in Borland RAD program in C++ language.

Maybe can you point me to some site with good program, and maybe some kind of a tutorial :?:

Then I`ll try to fix the problems.

Yes. You. Can.

1. There's a damn debugger in it.

2. You still have the source.

3. The only way you make the computer using one core is by using the wrong commands.

4. Basically, learn C# before trying to create something in CodeLab.

If you want to code a plug-in in C++, you'll have to get the Visual Stduio Express 2005 C++ Edition. Just search it on google. Though, you would have to build it pretty much by yourself.