Looking through effect codes

Picc84

I noticed today, After beginning to learn some C lanuages. That your blur effects seem as though there just highly complicated algebraic expressions. Very complicated. although they don't use X and Y varables

I'm only a freshman in highschool. Just curiouse what these are made up of? What part of math and if anything?

I noticed today, After beginning to learn some C lanuages. That your blur effects seem as though there just highly complicated algebraic expressions. Very complicated. although they don't use X and Y varables

I'm only a freshman in highschool. Just curiouse what these are made up of? What part of math and if anything?

You answered your own question :D:)

AFAIK, Paint.NET use a rectangle of interest (roi)

public override unsafe void Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, int startIndex, int length)

from which it loops from its [Top] to [bottom]...

Rectangle rect = rois[ri];
               if (rect.Height >= 1 && rect.Width >= 1)
               {
                   for (int y = rect.Top; y < rect.Bottom; ++y)

... and its Left to Right

for (int x = rect.Left + 1; x < rect.Right; ++x)

{

which are basically your y and x axes.

That's just random rambling based on my observations, I haven't got any Computer Science BSc.

Is it what you're looking for?

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

From my understanding, the math is quite simple -- take the average color of the pixels inside the radius. It's not any high level math at all.

There are 2 for loops inside the render() function where coloring takes place, and the variable x literally means the x-position of the pixel, and the variable y means the y-position of the pixel.

Also, it's not that hard to learn programming. It will certainly take some time, but read a few books, do some projects, and you are set.

siggiecj5.png

Some links: | Personal Website | Alien Attack |

Try out my plugins: | Antialias | Diagonal Lines |

From my understanding, the math is quite simple -- take the average color of the pixels inside the radius. It's not any high level math at all.

That is not at all how Gaussian Blur works.

You also need to take into account how far each pixel is away from the one you're working on.

The math is quite complex. Look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaussian_blur#Mechanics