Rubrica

The Sanctuary

5,614 posts in this topic

So, what is Chai like anyways? Better than a coffee with cream? (Which I'm having right now :D )

http://samodj.deviantart.com/

look at this, better than that other planet thingy made on paint.net

and its all made on photoshop. u shld well try it, and then make up your mind.

(ive tried both, prefer photoshop as you might have guessed) =]

I've tried both, and I prefer PDN.

Also, who's to say that that isn't possible in PDN? It would take up tons of layers, but so would that.

And aswell, who's to say that the possibilites of PDN are decided by the tutorial forum?

Now, seriously, I am sick of this, you want to keep on arguing about how PS is better, PM us instead of spamming, 'k?

anyways i like chai too, but coffee better photoshop has nothing to do with drinks so there

Read this: http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=70741#p70741

Remember this:

Having PhotoShop does not by default make one a tremendous artist.

Read this:

Paint.NET and Photoshop should never be compared by what work has already been created as many factors affect how that work is produced such as the artist, the style of work, the familiarity of the program used, and the limitations of said program. The fact is, Paint.NET is not here to rival that of Photoshop nor compete on that level: Photoshop is for the professional, industrial graphic designer, Paint.NET is not, but that does not mean it can't be. Both are tools, both are meant to be treat as such, both have their own pros and cons, both have different purposes and both have their own audience for which it caters for very well, so why can't people accept this?

If you don't like Paint.NET, that's fine. Likewise, if you don't like Photoshop, that too is fine.

In fact, discard all that, I don't even know why I'm entering into this scuffle as it's all a matter of opinion, Person X has theirs, while Person Y has theirs. Person X screams and shouts, Person Y contends in equal volume. Person X gives evidence for their point of view, Person Y follows suite. Person X contends Y's evidence with yet more proof. Person X laughs as Person Y weeps.

My happiness:

I found something both search facilities could not.

Well said. I think this argument is rather silly. We all have our opinions, and we are entitled to them... However most of us are here to learn and experiment with PdN. It is after all the PdN website. I imagine Photoshop forums would be irate if we were to join then and spam their program of choice. Some tact in expressing our opinions would be nice. Since this IS the PdN forum, I imagine this isn't quite the proper place to be dissing the program...

This thread is about what makes you happy, right...? Besides PDN...

Homecoming is over, and my dorm built a giant orange dragon as our float. We stayed up all night yesterday putting it together and IT WAS AWESOME!!! :D

Homecoming is over, and my dorm built a giant orange dragon as our float. We stayed up all night yesterday putting it together and IT WAS AWESOME!!! :D

:shock: could you put a picture, so that we all can see what youve been up to?

< . <

> . >

New thing to be happy about...It's my sister's 18th today!!! :Swatch::Swatch::Swatch::Swatch::Swatch::Swatch: That's meant to be confetti by the way.

use photoshop, youll get better results, and its a lot easier to use

Just.

Draw.

A.

Gradient.

http://samodj.deviantart.com/

look at this, better than that other planet thingy made on paint.net

and its all made on photoshop. u shld well try it, and then make up your mind.

(ive tried both, prefer photoshop as you might have guessed) =]

You probably didn't even buy it...

you used a cracked version...

thats my opinion

< . <

> . >

As you wish. :D

The Homecoming theme was "There's no place like SBU homecoming...follow the purple brick road."

10.jpg

15.jpg

So my dorm built a dragon. ;) I'm the guy sitting on the left side of the truck in the first picture...I look really weird without facial hair... :shock:

We built the entire thing the night before. From 7:00 PM until 5:30 AM the day of the parade. It's dorm tradition! :D

< . <

> . >

As you wish. :D

The Homecoming theme was "There's no place like SBU homecoming...follow the purple brick road."

10.jpg

15.jpg

So my dorm built a dragon. ;) I'm the guy sitting on the left side of the truck in the first picture...I look really weird without facial hair... :shock:

We built the entire thing the night before. From 7:00 PM until 5:30 AM the day of the parade. It's dorm tradition! :D

woow....hey, i think i see you

edit: yup thats you i didnt read the whole post, you do look weird without facial hair (weird as in different)

edit: yup thats you i didnt read the whole post, you do look weird without facial hair (weird as in different)

Yeah...I'm debating whether or not to keep none, go back to the chinstrap/goatee thing, or go all the way back to the soul patch...

Last year at No-Shave November I had the same dilemma...and so I made a guide to choosing. ;)

no_shave_moving.gif

Yeah...I'm debating whether or not to keep none, go back to the chinstrap/goatee thing, or go all the way back to the soul patch...

Last year at No-Shave November I had the same dilemma...and so I made a guide to choosing. ;)

no_shave_moving.gif

Go with the Chuck Norris, for sure.

no_shave_moving.gif

ooh..are those your girlfriends? (i think you shoul get either a chuck norris or go back to what you had)

Wow.. I don't really like muffins that much. I don't know why. I like do-nuts as my breakfast pastry. (Would muffins be considered possibly a breakfast pastry?)

I'm happy because I'm in school and today's mid-term week and I just aced my English test and I'm in computer class with nothing to do!! (Was that too much to read/comprehend? That sure was a big sentence.)

They're nearly finished and they're, well, interesting...One's shaped like a cube, one a pyramid, and there's even one that's almost ilke a doughnut! If I can, I'll post pictures.

@ All Americans: You simply don't "get" the whole idea of breakfast as a meal. It is supposed to set you up for the whole day, so therefore foodstuffs with polysaccharides are the way to go, giving you a store of glycerol to slowly burn up over the day; not a disaccharide-fest, giving you a quick fix of glucose, to give you a mild sugar high lasting one about a few hours at best, then giving you the accompanying low, and the compulsion to eat more disaccharide-rich food, thus entering you into a vicious cycle. Therefore, starch, a long chain molecule that takes a long time to break down, as opposed to glucose, a smaller molecule that can not be broken down further without breaking it into its constituent atoms, is the food with greater nutritional value. Plus, who on earth would voluntarily eat a cholesterol- filled doughnut, or Froot Loops, AKA Satan's sputum?

Oh, and @ Rubrica: Muffins shaped like pyramids, cubes and doughnuts - have you tried using one of those trays with the muffin shaped depressions that you pour the mix into? :mrgreen: Yours sound interesting...

@Bob - I feel you. If I had more time, I'd eat a rockin' cool, healthy breakfast.

Well, they've cooled down now and they're absolutely delightful!!! I just had a giant one and it was like heaven. When you get to the chocolate chips they just melt in your mouth. I think I might actually start up a baking company, I've always wanted to...

I had two soft boiled eggs and a bagel for breakfast. Easy and delicious. :mrgreen:

@ All Americans: You simply don't "get" the whole idea of breakfast as a meal. It is supposed to set you up for the whole day, so therefore foodstuffs with polysaccharides are the way to go, giving you a store of glycerol to slowly burn up over the day; not a disaccharide-fest, giving you a quick fix of glucose, to give you a mild sugar high lasting one about a few hours at best, then giving you the accompanying low, and the compulsion to eat more disaccharide-rich food, thus entering you into a vicious cycle. Therefore, starch, a long chain molecule that takes a long time to break down, as opposed to glucose, a smaller molecule that can not be broken down further without breaking it into its constituent atoms, is the food with greater nutritional value. Plus, who on earth would voluntarily eat a cholesterol- filled doughnut, or Froot Loops, AKA Satan's sputum?

Mmmm... donut. 8)

XD Combine that with muffins,and you get... Doughphins!!

.:EDIT:. Just notice the un-intentional pun!XD