Rubrica

The Sanctuary

5,614 posts in this topic

Why would it make you a "nerd" to like a great movie?

I'm wondering if I'm a little obsessive about it :mrgreen:

About time I watched it again too.

Too late! Someone has :lol:

I didn't want to miss this grand occasion so I too a screenshot at work and emailed it to myself. Am I a Nerd?

It's not like you had the budget to keep 1138 around anyway.

About time I watched it again too.

Sounds interesting. I'm going to watch it right now (well, after I make myself some food).

This evening I got tired of running out of system memory. In 2013, when I built my PC, 8GB of memory seemed like plenty. Well, with all the ram hungry programs I run these days (Virtual Box, Visual Studio, Android Studio, modern video games, ect.), 8GB is barely enough. I did myself a favor and ordered 16GB. Funny how cheap RAM is now. The 16 GB was about 25% cheaper than the 8GB I got back in 2013. I could probably recoup some cost too; sell the 8GB on eBay for like $20. Who knows.

^Spam

The reason we are using paint.net is either because we dont need somethign as big and complex as photoshop, or if you're like me and dont have a ton of money to spend on it.

Well Paint.NET is pretty much photoshop, but free, not trusted by any organisations for some unknown reason, and more extensible. (Seriously, I don't think photoshop has half the features paint.NET can get from plugins. They don't even have liquify to themselves still)!

Ahh, it is a joyous program, I just want the makers of it to make more programs...Like vector.NET!

#MuchWantVectorNet

This is about as close to heaven on Earth as I think you can get:

heavenonearth.jpg

post-44727-0-99374600-1470266292_thumb.j

I've been making these for my kids...

I remember making these when I was a kid.

They're having lots of fun.

I'm happy cause I woke up this morning & I'm still alive. True, I'm getting so long in the tooth that I have none.

I've lost most of my hair, losing my eyesight,  I'm not pretty no more and I think a double negative aint a bad thing.

But my kids think I'm the cats pyjamas and the cat seems to think I am as well cause he follows me round like a dog.

I despair a bit over the world but I'm happy in myself.

Thanks Paint ppl.

A few months ago, 2K Games announced the BioShock Collection, featuring all the BioShock games remastered for modern PCs (& XBOne & PS4). Since BioShock is one of my favorite game franchises, I was pretty excited. But I was not going to pay $60 for a collection of games I already own.

I opened up my Steam account this morning, and low and behold, the remastered editions were in my account. I guess they gave them away for free to people who own the originals. Nice.

Thank you, 2K, for being so generous and not charging me twice for the same game.

I've just realized the size this forum and that there is another 54 pages or whatever of ' the pictorium' that I hadn't noticed.

Since discovering how beneficial the forum is to my Pdn learning I've started investigating it more seriously.

There is a thread for cats and god botherers and by crikey what this forum does not have, you don't need.

Now I just need to sort out how to navigate the site a little better and I'll be laughin.

I think I have information over load.

tuvm Pdn.

So, my fur-daughter Mach Five has figured out how to close the lid on her soft food container to save some for tomorrow. I did not show her this; she just started pushing it back in place. I don't know why, but this makes me very dorktastically happy.

If she ever learns how to stretch out her thumbs, we're all in trouble.

Years ago I was on a walk in unfamiliar scrubland for a couple of days when the weather turned nasty and I got a bit bushed. That is to say that I lost my bearings and didn’t have myself exactly orientated which was a somewhat dire situation to be in, in that neck of the woods. It was rough going through the scrub with my backpack and clobber, compass in one hand and map (in a plastic bag to keep it dry) in the other.

Anyways to cut a short story long, I saw a wallaby leap out from behind a shrub and head off in a southerly direction. I intuitively followed said wallaby and in no time I had myself reorientated, averted disaster and rediscovered the trail by the trampled underbrush. I wasn’t getting lost today.

Later on that evening after I’d set up camp and dried myself off a bit I stood outside my tent and checked out the by now clear moonlit night. A wallaby was standing a few yards from the tent checking me out as he browsed on herbage. He looked like the same wallaby I’d seen earlier but I couldn’t be too sure as all them wallaby’s look the same to me. I thanked him anyways.

roo.jpg